Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

25 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Is it something they have eaten - beans perhaps...…..

Well we do have one of 'those' too- when wind he breaks is beyond belief :o:o Day says he is making him bankrupt with the amount of fruit and veg he eats each weekxDxD

Phew - can post 'properly' now - have youngest granddaughter here for the night - she is currently cuddled up with Mr S enjoying some stories :)

The week has just flown by - sure someone has made time go faster

Fairly busy weekend for us - as above have granddaughter with us tonight and tomorrow morning, Sunday we are going to a 90th birthday party (er no not mine!)

Happy weekend one and all

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Phew!!! I am so glad it's the weekend.  Manic week with windy hyper children here too.  I've had parents evenings - lots of no shows on the first night who rescheduled for the second night meaning I had to see 20 people.  Needless to say with the best will in the world I got a bit behind!  I have also had performance management reviews to do (my own and other people's), data to sort, two safeguarding reports to write and... I think my head was due to explode by Friday!  

However, I got to see my brother, his wife and my lovely (2 year old) niece at my mum and dad's yesterday evening and today I have worked so far but got a bit on top of things.  More work this afternoon but this evening I am planning to go to the cinema.  Tomorrow is preparing for a governor meeting next week and cleaning although I'm actually looking forward to that - the house is in something of a state and I will enjoy making it calm again!

• Like 2

Not the best week here either ....difficult meeting with a parent but it had to be done, photographer in, induction visits due to the way funding falls this year we have our Summer starters in for the week before the holiday, Safeguarding meeting, also a ton of Governor policies/data/reports to read before next week (we’re not on the same governing body are we Froglet :-D ), trying to convince the committee we need to consider options to increase income and that a fee increase won’t achieve anything with so few paying any.....on the plus side I hear the weathers meant to pick up next week :-) 

• Like 1

Gosh it must be that time of year! we have also had photographer in....she was a bit useless and nearly ran for the hills when one of my little ones with additional needs got very overexcited about the flash on the camera!

I'm so glad our county seems to be sensible about the funding ..do maintained settings have the same issue in your area?

It's been so windy here that we haven't been able to go out in the garden as often (we're normally free flow) which seems to have kicked us all in to making sure the children are doing more in the classroom!! my ob count has gone up !!

We've also been catching up on our SEND children 3 very difficult (and different ) meetings done and one more tomorrow! just writing reports now...which is why I am on here obviously! and why my house will probably be cleaner by the end of the day:D SO easily distracted!!

I have a member of staff off for the rest of term.....:( she's not very well and it's been a bit stressful over the last few weeks but we're crossing our fingers that she'll be back after Easter.

Mouseketeer I feel you pain about the fees increase. We have put up our non funded rate but as you say difficult to get people to pay it. Since the 30 hours came in we have insisted on 5 sessions minimum but with a fee increase I can drop that to 3 again which might help.

I noticed that the early years alliance this week have said that the average wage cost has gone up from 70% to 77% so that means we have to save 7% elsewhere or increase income or both!!! difficult timesO.o

Unfortunately ours was one of the counties that went from being in the highest five to lowest 3 when the funding allocations changed (my county are fab at paying on time, no complaints there) just the rate is dropping further below our fee rate, we need to claw back a little of that deficit with constant increases to staff costs and general expenses, the committee see a healthy bank balance and think we can coast along .....I’m trying to make them think about the ‘what if the building needs major repair’, ‘what if someone entitled to SSP goes off long term’? 

I don’t know of any maintained settings anywhere near us, I know the schools are facing big budget cuts, especially to their Send budgets with more and more children requiring a level of 1:1, to be honest it’s the children without the needs I feel sorry for, the Sen children have to be supported and often by the class TA now meaning the others are missing out :-(  

• Sad 2

Two years ago this month we had to have our gorgeous Spaniel put to sleep.  This literally left me broken hearted and I have found it so very hard getting used to life without him.  I have been adamant that I did not want another dog, but an adorable spaniel has come up at the rescue centre.  So after two visits to see her at the centre, yesterday we had a home visit which went really well.  All being well, she is coming to live with us on Wednesday!  She is a beauty, but due to the life she has led so far, she is like a puppy in a two year olds body!  So lots of training coming up I think.  Fun times ahead. We also went to the cinema to see the Fisherman’s friends film yesterday, which was great, a piece of escapism, which is needed with all the happenings in the world at the moment.  Great film, but not sure how it would translate if you were not Cornish, lived in Cornwall or knew the Cornish people very well.   Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

3078457A-DAED-4C2B-B6CF-FA305D4C77C1.jpeg

Edited by zigzag
Added photo
  • Like 3

OMG a furbaby!! Finley's coming now to do the training for you.....he loves other doggies especially unruly spaniels:D 

I too went to see Fishermans friend yesterday and can quite honestly say I understood it allxD but then I was brought up on an island so maybe that's why!! Guernsey folk are not dissimilar!! Have lots of fun on Wednesday ….you do know you will never have a clean floor again don't you!!!! ???

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Two years ago this month we had to have our gorgeous Spaniel put to sleep.  This literally left me broken hearted and I have found it so very hard getting used to life without him.  I have been adamant that I did not want another dog, but an adorable spaniel has come up at the rescue centre.  So after two visits to see her at the centre, yesterday we had a home visit which went really well.  All being well, she is coming to live with us on Wednesday!  She is a beauty, but due to the life she has led so far, she is like a puppy in a two year olds body!  So lots of training coming up I think.  Fun times ahead. We also went to the cinema to see the Fisherman’s friends film yesterday, which was great, a piece of escapism, which is needed with all the happenings in the world at the moment.  Great film, but not sure how it would translate if you were not Cornish, lived in Cornwall or knew the Cornish people very well.   Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

She's beautiful :)  Fingers crossed for Wednesday. I cannot believe it's two years since your sad post its scary how fast time goes. xx

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Safeguarding meeting, also a ton of Governor policies/data/reports to read before next week (we’re not on the same governing body are we Froglet :-D ),

Could be... Tuesday evening?!

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

We also went to the cinema to see the Fisherman’s friends film yesterday, which was great, a piece of escapism, which is needed with all the happenings in the world at the moment.  Great film, but not sure how it would translate if you were not Cornish, lived in Cornwall or knew the Cornish people very well.   Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Well, I really enjoyed it and am neither Cornish nor have I lived on an island.  I obviously didn't know the Cornish words but I think I understood the rest of it.  Maybe I'm a closet Cornish person (although I still haven't tried making that pasty yet...cherry and almond cake is in the oven right now)!

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Could be... Tuesday evening?!

Well, I really enjoyed it and am neither Cornish nor have I lived on an island.  I obviously didn't know the Cornish words but I think I understood the rest of it.  Maybe I'm a closet Cornish person (although I still haven't tried making that pasty yet...cherry and almond cake is in the oven right now)!

Glad you enjoyed it, it’s fab that it is getting a wider audience.  I have lived here 37 years and I still am confused by some of the words!  We went to see the singers live and they were amazing, so entertaining. Xx

• Like 1

By the way, if you want some pasty making tips, I am your women!  Won the pasty competition in the village show three times!  Not sure it went down very well when I beat ‘proper Cornish people’ I am still an incomer after 37 years!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, zigzag said:

Glad you enjoyed it, it’s fab that it is getting a wider audience.  I have lived here 37 years and I still am confused by some of the words!  We went to see the singers live and they were amazing, so entertaining. Xx

Surprised they don't give out a word sheet at the cinema!    Have seen clips and interviews with the actors and the real singers, looks like a fabulous treat, especially the singing.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 09:41, zigzag said:

Ooooh she is lovely - what's her name?

I am getting serious 'dog envy' - one of our families has just got the most beautiful 'Goldendoodle' puppy and a friend has two Lab puppies and now you're at it too :D

Collected her yesterday!  Her name is Cleo, she was spayed yesterday so is in a pet vest but is settling well and certainly making herself at home! 5am start this morning and fair to say that the anaesthetic had worn off and back to her lively self!

40759C0D-D0B7-4159-958A-8CF0FFE694BE.jpeg

8B713191-E1DD-4767-BE23-9D26AF63CFB1.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Can't believe it's Friday again!  

Nor can I - but I'm mighty glad that it is

Not been a very good week here - I am feeling really quite poorly with a heavy cold and a cough that sounds like I must smoke at least 60 Woodbines a day (d'you remember Woodbines) probably far too young!

Have had to speak to a member of staff about her time-keeping today - I was really gentle when asking what was causing her to be late - but that didn't stop her from sulking all session O.o I pretended not to notice and just carried on as usual - however, if she hasn't 'snapped out of it' by Monday' I may have to have another word with her - sometimes I really don't enjoy being 'the boss'

The admin workload from a village organisation that I am involved with is beginning to weigh me down, thinking I might need to re-think this, but maybe I will feel differently when I am back to full health

Oh what an awful, grumpy and self-indulgent post, apologies all

Happy weekend - hope that it is filled with your favourite things:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Not been a very good week here - I am feeling really quite poorly with a heavy cold and a cough that sounds like I must smoke at least 60 Woodbines a day (d'you remember Woodbines) probably far too young!

Have had to speak to a member of staff about her time-keeping today - I was really gentle when asking what was causing her to be late - but that didn't stop her from sulking all session O.o I pretended not to notice and just carried on as usual - however, if she hasn't 'snapped out of it' by Monday' I may have to have another word with her - sometimes I really don't enjoy being 'the boss'

The admin workload from a village organisation that I am involved with is beginning to weigh me down, thinking I might need to re-think this, but maybe I will feel differently when I am back to full health

I feel your pain Sunnyday - staffing has been interesting at my setting too this week. I am metaphorically banging some heads together next week. 

• Confused 1

well I don't know about anyone else but i'm definitely tired this week! Member of staff had a major operation on Monday and won't be back in till after Easter now so running on 3 most of the time with a 4th in the mornings to help (as I currently now have 4 children with SEND !!). Have however managed to do all the SEND meetings for this half and did after school club on Tuesday so that deputy could go and see George Ezra!! Should have got all the reports moderated and sent out but i'll have to do them over the weekend. Lots of children off with a virus (was suspected scarlet fever but NO just a virus...Phew)

Sunnyday ..get better soon ….get hubby to make strong hot toddy for bed timexD

Oh dear Rebecca nothing serious hopefully ...I had to apologise to a member of staff this week for my bad behaviour !!!O.o

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Hi Sunnyday, hope you begin to feel better over the weekend.   

• Like 1

Well i've had a successful blagging week!! have managed to get a local business to do some printing FOC for a fundraiser/ the venue for free /a discount on some items for the pre-school and a load of freebies from a local builder. Feeling rather pleased with myself

:) (smiley will have to do...no smug face emoji!:D)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2