Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Here we are again - can't quite believe it is Friday!

Pretty good week for us - and today was certainly the best Friday this term

I am sticking to my 'no preschool work' at weekends, so just finishing up a few bits now

Youngest granddaughter is spending the day with us tomorrow which will be just lovely :) and then Sunday hmm not sure what we are up to, think we might wait and see what the weather is like...….

Happy weekend to all :)

• Like 1

Good week here as well!  Beautiful weather so have been making the most of it.  Just completing all my learning journeys and few loose ends as I am also going to try and abide by the ‘no work at weekends’ rule! (Probably won’t last long)

Enjoy the weekend all.🙂

• Like 1

Quiet weekend planned. My husband will be at work so I think I may have a really good sort out of my wardrobe.  We have got a Bags 2 School collection booked for a few weeks time so it's a good incentive to get things cleared and then think about decorating.  Maybe that could be a half term project. .....

• Like 1

well I reckon the children are lulling us in to a false sense of security! think there may be some boundary pushing next week!! might need to get creative with ideas for my very active group of boys.

I seem to be boy heavy again this year which is the first time in about 3 years. Really fab bunch so far (cross fingers!) so nice not to have an argument constantly about what they are going to do or not to do....having had a little one with oppositional defiance/PDA (? no diagnosis!) it has been a challenging 2 years. I have 2 who I suspect may have some ASD issues but it appears quite mild so far if in deed it is ASD and one little one who is very delayed developmentally for no known reason. Languages this year Vietnamese/Chinese (mandarin)/polish/Urdu/Spanish and Czech ….interesting selection definitely seeing changes due to Brexit.

Husband working for the weekend so am planning on making sure all my policies up to date!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

well I reckon the children are lulling us in to a false sense of security! think there may be some boundary pushing next week!! might need to get creative with ideas for my very active group of boys.

I seem to be boy heavy again this year which is the first time in about 3 years. Really fab bunch so far (cross fingers!) so nice not to have an argument constantly about what they are going to do or not to do....having had a little one with oppositional defiance/PDA (? no diagnosis!) it has been a challenging 2 years. I have 2 who I suspect may have some ASD issues but it appears quite mild so far if in deed it is ASD and one little one who is very delayed developmentally for no known reason. Languages this year Vietnamese/Chinese (mandarin)/polish/Urdu/Spanish and Czech ….interesting selection definitely seeing changes due to Brexit.

Husband working for the weekend so am planning on making sure all my policies up to date!

Crikey fm your lot make my lot look very, very easy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, this week has been a bit better than last week and the other day I managed to catch up a little on the marking that I hadn't done which eased the overwhelm feeling a little.  Am exhausted though, trying to teach 28 children while 2 others are running around and trying to climb on tables/stand in front of the whiteboard/pick up things they know they shouldn't just to gain attention is tiring! 

I have though, finally finished a display (just in time for a learning walk), kept my classroom reasonably tidy and got several hugs from last year's class at playtime.  I have made blackberry and apple pasties, watched Bake Off and last night went to IKEA (for school stuff but the cinnamon and gingerbread buns I bought were a definite bonus!).

This weekend I'll do some work and am hoping to get outside and sort the garden a little.  It's my smallest niece's birthday today but they moved house yesterday so are delaying her birthday celebrations as she's really too young to have a clue what's going on!

• Like 2

Phew! We've made it through another week!:D

Not the best for us really - I know that I haven't been on 'top form' at all 

Fairly busy weekend lined up - admin tomorrow morning (not work related) and then youngest granddaughter is coming for the afternoon.... Sunday off to town need to collect my new specs and will have a look for a couple of new cardis I think :) a girl can never have too many cardis:D

Hope you all have super weekends :)

• Like 2

Oooh - just thought of something 'lovely' that happened this week - had a phone call from one of our 'old' children - she is 17 now:o and is studying 'Childcare and Education' at college - she wants to come and do some work experience with us from November through to February :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oooh - just thought of something 'lovely' that happened this week - had a phone call from one of our 'old' children - she is 17 now:o and is studying 'Childcare and Education' at college - she wants to come and do some work experience with us from November through to February :)

Ahh, we had this this year.  One of the girls who is my sons age who is doing health and social care came to do a student placement with us.  She was and indeed, still is a lovely girl and it was a pleasure to have her.  Shame she is not going into childcare as she was a natural, but am sure she will make an equally brilliant nurse.

• Like 1

We have had a great week.  Happy engaged children and staff and lovely weather.  Can’t ask for anymore!

If anyone is a pre-school learning alliance member I can highly recommend the new course available on EDUCARE, promoting a healthy food environment in early years.  It was very interesting and has certainly given us some food for thought (pardon the pun)😂.  

Have an enjoyable weekend, think we are in for a horrid day here tomorrow 🌧💨 so might be a good time to update my evaluation/improvement plan🤨

• Like 3

well apart from an incident with the trustees !! been a good week. Policies still not entirely there ...really must get cracking with that! I know I need to push to get more children in and find another member of staff but i'm really enjoying having a smaller group. They've all gelled well ….couple of behaviour issues with two of the younger ones but we're getting there and everyone now bouncing through the doors which is the moment I love in this term, always a few surprised parents as to how well they are getting on^_^

Starting to find my MOJO. Realise now how stressed ive been over the last year and a half and beginning to realise that it really wasn't me causing the problemsO.o

• Like 5

It has been a better week.  I don't want to risk jinxing things but my class have been a little calmer the last couple of days which makes the world seem a brighter place.  The TDL is as epic as ever (I'm sure it's worse this year) so today is mostly about trying to get something done on that.  Tomorrow though I am travelling 'up North' (I think maybe near Cait) to see my brother's new house and have a belated celebration of my niece's birthday - they moved the day before her real birthday but as she's only 2 decided she probably wouldn't notice a delay of a couple of days!  Have a lovely weekend everyone, hope all are well!

• Like 2

Missed 'It's Friday' yesterday as we had a power cut :( there was a line down in one of the lanes - EDF had been working on it from around midday, but in their infinite wisdom they decided to turn the power off at 5pm - Mr S says "that's so they can claim overtime" - I told him he was old cynic but I bet that he is right!

I am currently doing a bit of pre-school work - cross with myself as I said I wouldn't do any more weekend TDL - but I don't really want this carrying over to the new week:)

Can't believe that we are only one week away from half-term - how has that happened...….

Happy weekend all :)

PS - young froglet - enjoy your trip oop north :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, zigzag said:

Oh and woo hooo for half term holiday.  Need the break and a chance to recharge.  Hope everyone has a great week.🙂

Me too zigzag, I am kicking myself for not booking a week 'away' somewhere - one of my staff members is off to your neck of the woods today and I feel a little jealous 

Never mind, I will have to make the most of the time at home :) I have some serious bulb and wallflower planting to get on with but don't want to sacrifice my bedding which is still going strong, so in a bit of a quandary about that

One of my Daughters-in-Law has decided to book several appointments this week with, and I quote "I thought this would be a good time as you could have the children" :oxD needless to say, I will and I don't mind really and I'm sure that I will thoroughly enjoy the time with them:)

I do have a bit of a half-term TDL - but it is, in the main, 'to do' as opposed to 'must do' so I don't feel under any great pressure to get on with it at all

Hope that all of us lucky enough to get a break now have a super week:)

• Like 2

On 12/05/2018 at 16:55, Gezabel said:

I have had the best Friday EVER! Nothing to do with work though!

Over the years i have /am many people: daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, mum, friend, colleague, neighbour to name a few but GUESS WHAT .......

As of November 2018 please feel free to call me GRANNY -  delighted, ecstatic, over the moon, - none of these come close to explaining how i feel.

When i joined FSF in 2004 my youngest son was off to Uni. So much has happened since and here we are with him and his lovely wife about to become parents. I am sure they will be amazing parents.  I hope i will be an amazing Granny too,

Sorry folks i have been a little busy. Beautiful Emily arrived earlier than we originally thought she would! Weighed in at 7lbs 14ozs and is three weeks old today. My heart has melted and to see 'my baby' with his baby is just the best feeling ever! I am bowled over by the love I feel for my gorgeous granddaughter!

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Gezabel said:

Sorry folks i have been a little busy. Beautiful Emily arrived earlier than we originally thought she would! Weighed in at 7lbs 14ozs and is three weeks old today. My heart has melted and to see 'my baby' with his baby is just the best feeling ever! I am bowled over by the love I feel for my gorgeous granddaughter!

Oh Gezabel, there's nothing quite like it is there!  Congratulations to you all, and welcome to the world Emily.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gezabel said:

Wonderful news, huge congratulations to all

• Like 1

So glad it’s Friday, been a challenging week with some challenging behaviours.  I really wish my little ones would sort the pecking order out!  They are a funny little group that includes some strong characters and I just don’t seem to be able to get a handle on them at the moment.  

Anyway we had some good news last night, our Parish council is awarding us £1000 to help with running costs whilst numbers are so low!  Will take a little pressure off for a while.  The village pub is holding a fireworks event tonight and all entrance fees are coming to us.  We have organised a big grand draw with some amazing prizes and have already sold £250 worth.  Money from this will be going to improve our outdoor provision.  Hopefully the weather will hold off for tonight.

Have a good Friday everyone and a great weekend to follow 🙂

• Like 10