Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Is it Friday yet.......surely it must be......I couldn't be this tired on a Thursday.......could I? :ph34r:

Have spent too much time today attempting to sort out my term dates for Sept '18 - July '19 - it all goes very pear shaped in April as Easter is so late - LA have one calendar for EY and a completely different calendar for Primary school which means that we are not following same pattern of closure for Easter holiday - I know that I can come up with my own term dates but can't make it work for funding weeks - have walked away from it now - perhaps it will be much clearer if i go back to it tomorrow (or perhaps not)

You made me go and look.... xD       Got a bit worried as we (as a team) were super efficient and sorted these dates out just after Christmas.

Ours seems ok, or am I missing something ? :/   I  do notice  though - for what must be the first time ever our funding dates go up to 5th April next year normally it's a strict 31st March ending.  

9 minutes ago, louby loo said:

You made me go and look.... xD       Got a bit worried as we (as a team) were super efficient and sorted these dates out just after Christmas.

Ours seems ok, or am I missing something ? :/   I  do notice  though - for what must be the first time ever our funding dates go up to 5th April next year normally it's a strict 31st March ending.  

So that' where the 'problem' is here - our calendar has us breaking up 29th March - school breaks up 5th April - then we go back a week earlier than the school and take Good Friday and Easter Monday off........this then impacts on the end of the summer term too - it's all very 'messy' :D

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

So that' where the 'problem' is here - our calendar has us breaking up 29th March - school breaks up 5th April - then we go back a week earlier than the school and take Good Friday and Easter Monday off........this then impacts on the end of the summer term too - it's all very 'messy' :D

We had that issue about 7-8 years ago?  LA told us so simply 'charge the parents' for the odd week!   I was a nightmare as effected staff pay and everything. It's why sort our dates really early now. We also changed the staffing dates to run  April- March rather than Sept-Aug when working out their 38 weeks working + holidays.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, louby loo said:

We had that issue about 7-8 years ago?  LA told us so simply 'charge the parents' for the odd week!   I was a nightmare as effected staff pay and everything. It's why sort our dates really early now. We also changed the staffing dates to run  April- March rather than Sept-Aug when working out their 38 weeks working + holidays.  

I can't see parents being too keen to pay for the odd week!

I will look at it again tomorrow - just gave up today!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zigzag said:

It’s Friday and only one more week until I am off to Italy for two weeks!!🙂🙂

zigzag - how brilliant - lovely to have that to look forward to :) will you need me to see to your half term TDL for you? :D

16 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Well I went and checked our dates - and actually we finish on the 29th and are having three weeks off :o:D

We can only do 11 weeks that term - so was either later back after Christmas or finish early at Easter. Obviously the down side is we will be a week later finishing for summer next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well I went and checked our dates - and actually we finish on the 29th and are having three weeks off :o:D

We can only do 11 weeks that term - so was either later back after Christmas or finish early at Easter. Obviously the down side is we will be a week later finishing for summer next year.

Thanks so much for looking at your dates - I think that might be the answer and I hadn't even considered it - doh!

So you are going back on 23rd April - is that right?

What date will you finish in July?

We have been told that we need to 'make up for' Good Friday and Easter Monday - so if we went back on 23rd then we would still have to 'make up for' Easter Monday - but could easily do that by working 1st April...…..

Well Hello everyone...did you see us on TV???? we are close to all the festivities happening this weekend and have been waving frantically at helicopters ALL day! we put up a big banner and spent lots of time jumping up and down and shouting at sky news and CNN ! Lovely end to the week:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

Well Hello everyone...did you see us on TV???? we are close to all the festivities happening this weekend and have been waving frantically at helicopters ALL day! we put up a big banner and spent lots of time jumping up and down and shouting at sky news and CNN ! Lovely end to the week:D

Oh fab fm - have only just put TV on - have had three grandchildren here for the last few hours - will have a look at Sky news and see if I can spot you! :)

hehe suspect IF we were on that we'll be on CNN ! They waggled the helicopter as they went past us ...so they definitely saw us and came back round again. This may however be the only view i will get the place is completely mad..nearly all the roads closed.

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

zigzag - how brilliant - lovely to have that to look forward to :) will you need me to see to your half term TDL for you? :D

Well it must be the first break in about the last 15 years that I have not got a TDL!! 🤪  I have plenty of things I could put on a TDL if you want it Sunnyday! 😉 We are having the extra week off in line with the school who are having their 5 inset days all in in one lump in the week after half term.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Oh I had to go and check to and wish I hadn’t (ignorance is bliss and all that)  ...head back in sand for a few months :-D 

Happy Wedding watching (or avoidance) ;-) 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sunnyday said:

We have been told that we need to 'make up for' Good Friday and Easter Monday - so if we went back on 23rd then we would still have to 'make up for' Easter Monday - but could easily do that by working 1st April...…..

:ph34r:    lalalalalalalalalalalala

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Oh I had to go and check to and wish I hadn’t (ignorance is bliss and all that)  ...head back in sand for a few months :-D 

Have you noticed I'm ignoring sunnydays later comments.....      

I watched the wedding - as a fully qualified dressmaker I just had to :):D:D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, louby loo said:

:ph34r:    lalalalalalalalalalalala

Have you noticed I'm ignoring sunnydays later comments.....      

I watched the wedding - as a fully qualified dressmaker I just had to :):D:D  

Thanks to you Dear louby - I have now sorted out those blessed term dates - will only be open for 37 weeks as opposed to 38 but it is my understanding that as long as parents are informed of this that's OK

<whispers> and I have made up for Easter Monday - off to polish my halo nowxD

Oh and I thought the wedding was just lovely (including Meghan's dress) - if that wasn't pure love in Prince Harry's eyes as he watched her walk up the aisle then I don't know what is

I don't know what the heck has happened to this reply box - it's so long - help tech team please!!!

Edited by Rebecca
removed additional carriage lines
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 18/05/2018 at 19:03, sunnyday said:

Thanks so much for looking at your dates - I think that might be the answer and I hadn't even considered it - doh!

So you are going back on 23rd April - is that right?

What date will you finish in July?

Yes, we'll be going back on the 23rd.   

I've looked on our LA website but they have not put up the dates for summer 19 yet O.o. I'm guessing they are all sitting there trying to work it all out!  Our summer term is usually 13 weeks, but going by the schools calendar we would be doing a week longer than the schools.  I suppose they could make our autumn term 15 weeks  though-as we usually go back as soon as poss after the summer and finish early for Christmas.

Out of interest does anyone if schools work their term date Sept-Aug for funding?   This is the first year (2019) that we have been given an a whole weeks spring funding in April.   

I now feel the need to check Easter 2010 :o:o ...........edit to say 2020! xD

Edited by louby loo

We moved to financial yr rather than school yr about 2yrs ago, the school yr seems to swing between 37 & 39 wks so it all comes out in the wash, our county seem to take an ‘offer alternative hours if you can or not if you can’t’ view of bank holidays. I believe schools run on an April to March yr as far as finances go.

9 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We moved to financial yr rather than school yr about 2yrs ago, the school yr seems to swing between 37 & 39 wks so it all comes out in the wash, our county seem to take an ‘offer alternative hours if you can or not if you can’t’ view of bank holidays. I believe schools run on an April to March yr as far as finances go.

We moved to the finical year the last time this happened about 5-6 years ago I think.   I must admit our LA seems to have become more reasonable about the bank holidays too.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, louby loo said:

I now feel the need to check Easter 2010 :o:o ...........edit to say 2020! xD

There was a line in an email that read:

'Children who start their funding year in Summer 2018, will have attended for 39 weeks by the end of Spring 2019. So you may wish to discuss this with parents, as this extra week will not be funded'

Something to bear in mind perhaps

15 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

There was a line in an email that read:

'Children who start their funding year in Summer 2018, will have attended for 39 weeks by the end of Spring 2019. So you may wish to discuss this with parents, as this extra week will not be funded'

Something to bear in mind perhaps

Interesting.  Hopefully our LA might go for the week shorter in summer 19 which would keep us inline with the schools.