Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

All the best to everyone going back next week. Mouseketeer reading your post brings back memories and I’m so very glad I am not doing that anymore! Hope you have a smooth start to the term.

cannot wait for it to get a bit quieter down here again, which it should do this week. As Mum said it will be the newly weds and nearly dead’s (or golden oldies) for the next couple of months. 

Still no kitchen! But all the prep work is done, self levelling floor went down yesterday, so waiting for that to dry then it’s all action stations for kitchen fitting next week. I cannot wait.  
Have a lovely weekend all. 

• Like 3

On 31/08/2024 at 08:50, zigzag said:

As Mum said it will be the newly weds and nearly dead’s (or golden oldies) for the next couple of months. 

🤣🤣🤣 and one from Mr S too 🤣 he really liked that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/08/2024 at 07:53, Mouseketeer said:

‘can I add/swap sessions’ emails and the order ‘coolmilk’ email that means it’s really time to go

We open Monday and I  totally forgot about the milk order! 😂 Just done it now... hopefully back on track by Wednesday! We use a local supplier and they are very good- in the mean time, i still have time to add some to my tesco shop for tomorrow 🙄😊

On 31/08/2024 at 08:48, Froglet said:

Louby - definitely try out the shepherds hut!

It did look very inviting - the GD fell in love with it so thinking maybe an overnight treat for the pair of us. (although I'm not sure if I might find it a bit creepy in the middle of the night! 😳)

On 31/08/2024 at 08:50, zigzag said:

cannot wait for it to get a bit quieter down here again, which it should do this week. As Mum said it will be the newly weds and nearly dead’s (or golden oldies) for the next couple of months. 

Oie!!  Less of that! I'm pretty sure I must fall into the second sector of that comment!  😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/08/2024 at 16:52, sunnyday said:

Yes please x

Oven 160° and line a square 8” tin with baking paper 

1tsp bicarb, 1 tsp Baking powder, 150g sugar (I use light brown) 110g plain flour, 110g oats, 110g butter

Melt the butter in the microwave until just melted, and add the other ingredients and mix until combined.  Tip it into the tin and firm it down nice and flat.  Sprinkle the berries - fresh or frozen, on the top, spaced out ideally.   Then just bake it.  It takes 25-30 mins, but until it’s nice and golden.  

You can use jam on it, but if I’m doing that I keep a third of mix back to sprinkle on the top before baking.   Makes a good date slice that way too, 225g well chopped dates simmered with 125ml water until soft, then add a tsp vanilla extract.  Put that on like the jam when it’s cooled a bit, and sprinkle the remaining third on the top. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 01/09/2024 at 17:18, Cait said:

1tsp bicarb, 1 tsp Baking powder, 150g sugar (I use light brown) 110g plain flour, 110g oats, 110g butter

Melt the butter in the microwave until just melted, and add the other ingredients and mix until combined.  Tip it into the tin and firm it down nice and flat.  Sprinkle the berries - fresh or frozen, on the top, spaced out ideally.   Then just bake it.  It takes 25-30 mins, but until it’s nice and golden.  

You can use jam on it, but if I’m doing that I keep a third of mix back to sprinkle on the top before baking.   Makes a good date slice that way too, 225g well chopped dates simmered with 125ml water until soft, then add a tsp vanilla extract.  Put that on like the jam when it’s cooled a bit, and sprinkle the remaining third on the top. 

I shall be try this this week 😁

Thank you xxx

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 17:18, Cait said:

Lovely - thank you so much for sharing x

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

How is everyone? For those still working how was your first week back?

Nothing exciting happening here - that's not a complaint - I am all for a quiet life!

Weather has gone really pear shaped in my corner of the country - we have rain, rain and then a bit more rain...

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 06/09/2024 at 12:37, Cait said:

Ugh to the rain!  We could get those canoes out of storage and our waterproof balaclavas and come and rescue you if needed! 

Great idea - yes please!

I looked back in my diary and we were having a heatwave this time last year - with 9th September being the hottest day of the year!

Needing lights on indoors - ridiculous...

• Like 1

Weird weather - I'm not THAT far from you sunnyday and although grey, no actual rain other than the odd few mins 'drizzle in the air' every so often!

First week done (well three mornings😂)  ..... already feels like we haven't been off.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2024 at 12:37, Cait said:

Ugh to the rain!  We could get those canoes out of storage and our waterproof balaclavas and come and rescue you if needed! 

That would be great - it's been a long time since an FSF trip!

I'm with you on the feeling like you've never been off Louby - am already regretting not working harder in the summer!

No rain at all here Sunnyday - in fact it's positively muggy! 

I'm off out for dinner with friends tonight - I did try telling people at work it was a date but no one believed me! Then tomorrow I'm planning a day of serious hard work to try and catch up a little. Sunday is just going to be a chilled day of cleaning and baking and domesticated stuff - I have done it the last couple of weeks and it's been a really relaxing day to set me up for the week!

• Like 2

Welllllll sadly I haven’t seen much of the progress in behaviour, toilet training and independence I’d hoped for ….how many weeks till half term 🤔 

The constant rain is just annoying and it’s flipping cold now …just put socks on 😞 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Beautiful morning here and then the rain set in! Hubby and son have been cutting the oak counter tops today and we’re literally on the last one as the rain started. Luckily we have a big parasol and that kept the rain of the wood! Kitchen is coming on but due to unforeseen glitches it’s nowhere near finished and hubby returning to work on Monday(for a rest) so the rest is going to be done over weekends😬

I used to love the back to school feeling in September and then by the end of the first week used to countdown to half term!🤣

Off to our sons tonight for tea. He’s cooking beef bourguignon so will make a break from limited shed cooking! Have a love,y restful weekend all.

• Like 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday

How is everyone?

I have had a fairly busy week - nothing exciting just routine stuff - we are both off for eye tests this afternoon - might prove expensive we will see!

Beautiful blue sky this morning which is lovely after a rather wet and chilly week...

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

Beautiful day here today. Quick freshen up ready for guests at the cottage, then took Mum to Sainsbury’s as she has just returned home from Kent and desperately needed some shopping but was feeling unwell with a chest infection bless her. I was delighted when she let me drive her in instead of being her usual pig headed independent self!  Then took the dog up on the cliffs for a beautiful walk, wow was it hot! Let’s hope it lasts.  Just looked out the window and it’s a beautiful sky tonight.  Hope the weekend is kind to everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1