Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I thought i would share a little story with you - I was reminded of this as we were in a Garden Centre this morning...

Anyway - some years back Mr S were in another garden centre, I wanted to buy some cyclamen, Mr S (who is usually very quietly spoken) called out from another aisle "was it Clamidia you wanted love" 🤦‍♀️ hmm no "cyclamen, it's cyclamen" 🤣

• Haha 5

On 18/08/2024 at 14:24, Mouseketeer said:

I always refused to pay the extra for PLA policies and I haven’t looked yet, but apparently it’s all included in your membership now.

WHAT!!!! I just paid for some a couple of months ago!!!!!!     My thoughts were- they were £12.50 (I think?)  ... but how many (unpaid) hours will it save me? so just bought them.

On 18/08/2024 at 10:45, sunnyday said:

D'you think we could still gain access to our PLA stuff - actually no scrub that - we had enough trouble when we were still working 🙃

Well, it's funny you say that because my thoughts before offering to share the required policy with Cait was - how  the h*ll do I actually access them again !😬😂 The very earliest I can try and look for them would be Tuesday, but the PLA have changed their portal, so my totally forgotten passwards might not work!

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2024 at 20:20, louby loo said:

WHAT!!!! I just paid for some a couple of months ago!!!!!!     My thoughts were- they were £12.50 (I think?)  ... but how many (unpaid) hours will it save me? so just bought them.

Well, it's funny you say that because my thoughts before offering to share the required policy with Cait was - how  the h*ll do I actually access them again !😬😂 The very earliest I can try and look for them would be Tuesday, but the PLA have changed their portal, so my totally forgotten passwards might not work!

You might save time louby but if you have to print them how many trees will have to die? Why are they so flippin long 🤷‍♀️

Their whole website is a nightmare to use/find anything, and one of the things that annoys me most is that you can add new staff to the training but can’t remove them when they leave without having to contact them ….and that in itself isn’t simple 😣

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 21:39, Mouseketeer said:

You might save time louby but if you have to print them how many trees will have to die? Why are they so flippin long 🤷‍♀️

Their whole website is a nightmare to use/find anything, and one of the things that annoys me most is that you can add new staff to the training but can’t remove them when they leave without having to contact them ….and that in itself isn’t simple 😣

I don't print them all off 😂 - to be honest we only use about half of them anyway. This time I just wanted a specific one really, and I did start to do a google search - then though **d it - and just bought the PLA ones to save my time.

x

• Like 3

On 19/08/2024 at 19:03, louby loo said:

I don't print them all off 😂 - to be honest we only use about half of them anyway. This time I just wanted a specific one really, and I did start to do a google search - then though **d it - and just bought the PLA ones to save my time.

x

I can understand that - I know that I had many '**d it' moments!

• Haha 2

Well, it only took me an hour or so.... but newpassword now sorted and I'm in and after much searching have found the P&Ps. I think possibly they may now be free to members - or maybe they are just on mine due to me purchasing them?

They took some finding but the were the very last item on the training options page.  They do not seem to have a parent contract policy as such, but maybe included in others?

• Like 5

On 20/08/2024 at 15:15, louby loo said:

Well, it only took me an hour or so.... but newpassword now sorted and I'm in and after much searching have found the P&Ps. I think possibly they may now be free to members - or maybe they are just on mine due to me purchasing them?

They took some finding but the were the very last item on the training options page.  They do not seem to have a parent contract policy as such, but maybe included in others?

Oh well huge thanks for looking.   Hmm. 
anyone use Pacey?  Might they have them? 

• Like 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

Wet and windy here but I don't think that we are in line for the worst of 'Storm Lilian' - grateful for that...

We are off to watch our youngest granddaughter's performance this afternoon - she has been at her drama school for the whole week - think we are in for some 'Wizard of Oz' and some 'Wicked' really looking forward to that.

Hope that the long weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2

On 23/08/2024 at 09:28, sunnyday said:

Hope everyone is okay?

Wet and windy here but I don't think that we are in line for the worst of 'Storm Lilian' - grateful for that...

We are off to watch our youngest granddaughter's performance this afternoon - she has been at her drama school for the whole week - think we are in for some 'Wizard of Oz' and some 'Wicked' really looking forward to that.

Hope that the long weekend is kind to all x

Have a great afternoon 😊  We did the theatre Monday and I have to say it was very good- even the 17mth old sat through it which we wasn't expecting him to do!

Windy and sunny here, i even have the (now tangled) sheets on the line drying 😂

Only one more week left for me.... and I do feel a bit cheating tht it's a Bank-holiday week 🙄😂

Have a good week-end everyone.x

• Like 2

Happy Friday!

It’s very blustery here but lovely and fresh too - have just been for a walk to the post office.

My nephew got GCSE results this week and did really well - am so proud of him, he worked really hard.

This weekend is my last completely school free days as I’ll start doing bits of prep next week. I don’t have any particular plans although I quite fancy having a go at baking something new to me and a bit different (like croissants or macarons or Battenberg cake) - I’ve no idea what though!

Other than that plenty of reading - have had some great books recently and spent some happy hours in Waterstones this week spending a gift card one of my class gave me!

Enjoy your show Sunnyday - it sounds lovely.

• Like 3

Battenberg is a cop out - easy peasy if you can make Victoria sponge.  Croissants now, that’s a different level!   

I went foraging for blackberries and made yummy crumble slice, which didn’t last long!  

IMG_1468.jpeg

• Like 2

Such unsettled weather at the moment. One minute it’s hot and the next it’s pouring and windy!  Well my husband is currently stripping out our kitchen ready to fit a new one. We are literally getting rid of everything right down to the flooring. So currently cooking in the shed with. Slow cooker, air fryer and a tiny hob plate!  The biggest challenge for me is surviving the upheaval and mess, which I don’t do well!  It will be worth it in the end though.  I guess the summer hols are coming to an end soon? (I am so out of touch now I have no idea on term dates) so I hope you all enjoy the rest of the time you have.  Happy weekend all. 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2024 at 13:35, Cait said:

Battenberg is a cop out - easy peasy if you can make Victoria sponge.  Croissants now, that’s a different level!   

I went foraging for blackberries and made yummy crumble slice, which didn’t last long!  

IMG_1468.jpeg

Oh Cait - they look absolutely scrumptious 

On 24/08/2024 at 14:17, zigzag said:

Such unsettled weather at the moment. One minute it’s hot and the next it’s pouring and windy!  Well my husband is currently stripping out our kitchen ready to fit a new one. We are literally getting rid of everything right down to the flooring. So currently cooking in the shed with. Slow cooker, air fryer and a tiny hob plate!  The biggest challenge for me is surviving the upheaval and mess, which I don’t do well!  It will be worth it in the end though.  I guess the summer hols are coming to an end soon? (I am so out of touch now I have no idea on term dates) so I hope you all enjoy the rest of the time you have.  Happy weekend all. 

Oooh zigzag - a new kitchen - I am green with envy - how lovely and it will be worth all the upheaval and mess but I so understand what you mean I wouldn't cope well with that either!

• Like 1

Cait - they look delicious! I know battenberg isn't exactly hard - I was more thinking of things I'd not made before. You never know, I might do both!

Zigzag - new kitchen will definitely be worth the upheaval, hopefully it won't take too long. As for term dates - I have a week left and that seems to tie in with the rest of my friends and family.

• Like 1

I have a little story for you...

I told you previously that my youngest granddaughter (9) now has her own email - it has been lovely - we have little chats and she sends lots of photos and memes to me.

Today began with an email from her saying "I fell down the stairs, my wrist is swollen, do you think I broke it or not, it really hurts" quickly followed by two photos of said wrist...

I immediately rang my son (her daddy) they had no idea that she had emailed me looking for a second opinion! What a little monkey she is! He assures me that she is 'fine' and that yes she did fall down the stairs but it was yesterday evening and that she slept well and is using it normally. He said "she'll be emailing you next to complain that we are not feeding her" 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

🤣Nothing like a bit of drama! I'm glad she's ok. Reminds me of the time my sister sent a photo of my niece when she was about 3 with an enormous bandage from wrist to elbow and a brave but sorrowful expression on her face. My sister's message read 'The level of first aid is completely appropriate for the level of injury. NB You may need a magnifying glass to see the injury!)'

I do love those moments when you can have chats with little people independent of their grown ups! 

So lovely that you are on her list of people to ask for help!

• Like 2

On 26/08/2024 at 13:21, Froglet said:

🤣Nothing like a bit of drama! I'm glad she's ok. Reminds me of the time my sister sent a photo of my niece when she was about 3 with an enormous bandage from wrist to elbow and a brave but sorrowful expression on her face. My sister's message read 'The level of first aid is completely appropriate for the level of injury. NB You may need a magnifying glass to see the injury!)'

I do love those moments when you can have chats with little people independent of their grown ups! 

So lovely that you are on her list of people to ask for help!

Thank you young Froglet - as far as I know she only has email addresses for me and her mum's mum - I do hope so 🤣

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2024 at 14:17, zigzag said:

I had some Chinese neighbours when we lived in Cumbria and their kitchen was a brick building completely separate from the main house. All their cooking was done out there and what had been the kitchen was the dining room.  White goods were all out there too.  I never asked how they coped with bad weather, but it worked for them. A cultural thing perhaps.  

On 24/08/2024 at 14:18, sunnyday said:

Oh Cait - they look absolutely scrumptious 

They were!  Really easy recipe - do you want it? 

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 12:48, Cait said:

They were!  Really easy recipe - do you want it? 

I’d love it! I came across a blackberry and orange cake recipe the other day which I thought looked good.

How is everyone?

Another busy week here but all good.

Granddogs will go home tomorrow - I will miss them - they really are such beautiful boys ❤️

Can't believe that we are at the end of August 😧 my sister said to me this week "don't you just love seeing all the farm machinery on the roads, knowing that the harvest is underway" - hmmm now let me think "no I flippin' don't it just signals to me that summer is coming to an end" ... I know that autumn is/can be lovely but I just want more summer 😂

Have a lovely weekend and for those heading back to work next week I hope the new school year gets off to a good start x

• Like 3

I think Sunnyday I just want to have summer in its proper place not necessarily more of it! I’ve been winding up to school mode again so have been in school the last 3 days doing tidying and sorting jobs which so actually quite enjoy. It’s nice to have proper time to do it too.

I’m having tea with mum and dad tomorrow and then planning to do some autumn related crafty stuff on Sunday and then it’s back to full on school next week.

• Like 2

Just had our last ' fun day out' before GD starts school next Wednesday.  It's going to be hard sticking to the school holidays now 😮🙁 I can't belive she's starting school already!

I just managed a sneak-peak at the local Sheperds Hut - owner said I'm welcome to try it our anytime! 😂

I've been busy making apple and blackberry crumbles for the last two weeks- so ready  for a change if you're up are sharing your recipe Cait! ?😁😁

Back to work Monday, and I'm sort of looking foward to it 😳 !!!! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend. xx

• Like 4

On 30/08/2024 at 10:47, sunnyday said:

Have a lovely weekend and for those heading back to work next week I hope the new school year gets off to a good start x

Thanks sunnyday, we’re open Wed, I’ve had the usual last minute ‘can I add/swap sessions’ emails and the order ‘coolmilk’ email that means it’s really time to go back, mixed feelings about going back, I spent the day gardening yesterday, fighting the urge to just go in and finish last bits like update registers AGAIN, I can’t believe how much chasing I’ve had to do to the get the paperwork in from new starter parents which doesn’t bode well for funding forms coming back on time or anytime actually🙄

Best Wishes to all going back and thoughts to all of you who won’t get to see your own little people so often x

• Like 3

Louby - definitely try out the shepherds hut!

I understand your pain about chasing paperwork Mouse - we have various visits and trips coming up this term which we will need to chase for!

Just wanted to pop in to say it is the most beautiful day here (I've been for a walk round the park) - hope you all get to do something lovely!

• Like 3