Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Just popping in to say that the foccacia didn't work out but if anyone's looking for house building materials give me a call!

On a slightly more positive note I picked up my bistro set so will be eating breakfast outside tomorrow morning hopefully and I have the dough for some honey and tahini cookies chilling in the fridge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/08/2024 at 17:11, Froglet said:

Just popping in to say that the foccacia didn't work out but if anyone's looking for house building materials give me a call!

Well that made me laugh - I had been thinking 'why have I never tried making foccacia' - that is probably why! 🤣

I recently made focaccia for the first time and it was delicious. I use a stand mixer and you have to have the dough really, really wet. I then transferred it into an oiled rectangular container for its first prove and then into a baking tin for the second prove. I also found really digging your fingers in really deep over and over before the cooking really helped the texture. 
Well today’s weather has been lovely which after the horrible weather yesterday is a relief.  My Granddog went into be spayed yesterday but it couldn’t be done as she is having a false pregnancy! It’s a shame as we were all dreading it as she is a funny little soul who does not like strangers. It’s just prolonging the agony now! 
Have a good weekend all. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Phew! Scorchio here - apologies to those not enjoying good weather...

Guess which completely numpty has just done a dark wash with a tissue included - terrible when your mind starts to go😧

Nothing much happening here today - dogs went home yesterday - they will return on Friday - off to get my hair trimmed at 1pm but that's about it.

have a lovely day all x

• Like 2

Not just you Sunnyday although given the number of times I discover a tissue after the wash when I’m convinced that I checked the pockets I sometimes think there is a little elf hiding in there!

It’s very humid here and the thunder was lovely but I don’t think it helped. I got engrossed in a book over breakfast and as one of the characters was making blondies I decided I ended to as well. I’m just cooling down a little before embarking on the things that were actually on my TDL for today!

• Like 2

On 12/08/2024 at 11:12, sunnyday said:

Phew! Scorchio here - apologies to those not enjoying good weather...

Guess which completely numpty has just done a dark wash with a tissue included - terrible when your mind starts to go😧

Nothing much happening here today - dogs went home yesterday - they will return on Friday - off to get my hair trimmed at 1pm but that's about it.

have a lovely day all x

The secret is to ensure you always use 'quaility tissues' is the first place - experience has shown me that you can actually launder these, and they come out like new...quick iron, and Bob's your Uncle (or my in my case my dad!) ...and your clothes stay perfectly untissued! 😂 🤧🤧🤧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my word

Youngest granddaughter (9) has her own email address - don't know how/when that was set up...

I have just received my first email from her - a picture of a unicorn and the subject title is 'Love you Nana' ❤️

How special is that

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 14/08/2024 at 11:09, sunnyday said:

Oh my word

Youngest granddaughter (9) has her own email address - don't know how/when that was set up...

I have just received my first email from her - a picture of a unicorn and the subject title is 'Love you Nana' ❤️

How special is that

🙀 🦄🦄🦄🦄!

How scarily fast time flies- but I love that she still loves unicorns (and Nana 😍)

• Like 1

Sorry to post a ‘work related’ (shudder) request, but a friend of mine has changed her registration from childminder to childcare on domestic premises and has asked me

“Do you have any access to a good parent contract / enrolment form that parents sign. I’m sick of buying them and I think under my new registration it’s slightly different.”

please has anyone got anything that she could adapt?  I’m not sure if my old one would still stand up to current regulations 

On 14/08/2024 at 21:34, Cait said:

Sorry to post a ‘work related’ (shudder) request, but a friend of mine has changed her registration from childminder to childcare on domestic premises and has asked me

“Do you have any access to a good parent contract / enrolment form that parents sign. I’m sick of buying them and I think under my new registration it’s slightly different.”

please has anyone got anything that she could adapt?  I’m not sure if my old one would still stand up to current regulations 

To be honest as a sessional preschool we don't actually have parent contracts 😮! (and I'm not starting now)  I have our registration form wihich I'm happy to share- but I would imagine as a childminder she already has that sorted?

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Is it really Friday - the week has flashed by - I hope that hasn't been the case for those on summer hols...keep seeing 'back to school' ads - I still feel the need to shout 'oh stop it now' 😲🤣

The 'big' granddogs will be back this afternoon - this time for a longer stay whilst their family are off on holiday ❤️

Middle granddaughter has received her A level results (all good) and has a place secured at Buckinghamshire University (not yet sure if she is going to take that up)

Hope that everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 2

It’s Friday indeed - I’d forgotten! This week has flown by. It’s been a mixture of work and home jobs with lots of reading thrown in. My kitchen cupboards are now beautifully clean inside! I’m going away this weekend to sleep in a shepherds’ hut and do some    visits to places. Consequently am a little stressed at the moment as I so rarely go away but it will be lovely.

Congratulations to granddaughter on her results! I have GCSEs next week!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 16:36, Froglet said:

It’s Friday indeed - I’d forgotten! This week has flown by. It’s been a mixture of work and home jobs with lots of reading thrown in. My kitchen cupboards are now beautifully clean inside! I’m going away this weekend to sleep in a shepherds’ hut and do some    visits to places. Consequently am a little stressed at the moment as I so rarely go away but it will be lovely.

Ooh - enjoy your weekend away x

You must have taken your GCSEs years ago🙃🤣

Dogs have arrived - fresh from the groomers - they look and smell absolutely gorgeous ❤️

• Haha 1

On 16/08/2024 at 16:36, Froglet said:

I love the idea of a Sheperds' Hut, not to sure (as a tall person!) whether I'd chance it - so will follow this post with interest!

On 16/08/2024 at 17:32, sunnyday said:

Ooh - enjoy your weekend away x

You must have taken your GCSEs years ago🙃🤣

Dogs have arrived - fresh from the groomers - they look and smell absolutely gorgeous ❤️

Have fun with the dogs! 🐶🐶

We're off to the theatre next week with the two GC as it's Childrens Theatre Week .... not sure if I'm dreading it or excited 😮😂  We're doing the Tiger Who Came to Tea as it's the first real threatre trip- so hopefully all good. 😊

xx

• Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 18:46, louby loo said:

I love the idea of a Sheperds' Hut, not to sure (as a tall person!) whether I'd chance it - so will follow this post with interest!

Have fun with the dogs! 🐶🐶

We're off to the theatre next week with the two GC as it's Childrens Theatre Week .... not sure if I'm dreading it or excited 😮😂  We're doing the Tiger Who Came to Tea as it's the first real threatre trip- so hopefully all good. 😊

xx

My brother has a shepherds' hut in his garden (more of a field really - he lives on the Yorkshire moors) and he uses it as his home office. He's 6 foot or 6,1 I think and admittedly he'll be sitting down most of the time but I don't think it causes him any problems. I will let you know the head clearance!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 16/08/2024 at 19:38, sunnyday said:

Ooh louby - that sounds like a lot of fun!

I used to be able to 'recite' that story without needing to read the words 😂

I feel a bit bad as the GD is 4.5 now and has never been into London (or on the tube). First Covid, the her little brother came along .. so able to find lots of excuses not to go, however last  week she found an old photo/card of tower bridge and asked "where is this 'Magic Castle Bridge ?' !!!!! I felt really bad as we are actually so near for easy travel, so really making the effort next week.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2024 at 19:37, Froglet said:

My brother has a shepherds' hut in his garden (more of a field really - he lives on the Yorkshire moors) and he uses it as his home office. He's 6 foot or 6,1 I think and admittedly he'll be sitting down most of the time but I don't think it causes him any problems. I will let you know the head clearance!

Well, such a strange coincidence- our local fruit farm has literally just announced the delivery of a  (very pretty looking) Sheperds' Hut for rental.... maybe I can try local  (and  then just walk home if I can't get comfy duing the night!) 😂

• Like 1

On 14/08/2024 at 22:21, louby loo said:

To be honest as a sessional preschool we don't actually have parent contracts 😮! (and I'm not starting now)  I have our registration form wihich I'm happy to share- but I would imagine as a childminder she already has that sorted?

Apparently according to ‘O’ it isn’t sufficient. 🤷‍♀️

• Confused 1

On 16/08/2024 at 20:07, louby loo said:

Froglet....

....I shall await your 'tripadvisor' review! 😁

So, I arrived - in the middle of the hit under a beam I am about 10 inches away from the roof. Not under a beam it’s about 14 inches. I am 5 foot 6!

• Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 15:26, Cait said:

Apparently according to ‘O’ it isn’t sufficient. 🤷‍♀️

Not having parent contracts, or her registration forms? 

I do think there is a big difference from all year around/full days  and a 38 weeks  limited hours offer though. The former would definitely need contracts.

On 14/08/2024 at 22:21, louby loo said:

This makes me feel better as we’ve never had one either, though I did introduce a Fees/Funding T&Cs a couple of years ago that hasn’t meant a thing as someone just left owing fees and that was the first time ever.

where are the weeks going 😞 

• Like 2

On 17/08/2024 at 18:22, louby loo said:

Not having parent contracts, or her registration forms? 

I do think there is a big difference from all year around/full days  and a 38 weeks  limited hours offer though. The former would definitely need contracts.

I think she’s going to be all year round

On 17/08/2024 at 21:32, Cait said:

I think she’s going to be all year round

D'you think we could still gain access to our PLA stuff - actually no scrub that - we had enough trouble when we were still working 🙃

• Confused 1

On 18/08/2024 at 10:45, sunnyday said:

D'you think we could still gain access to our PLA stuff - actually no scrub that - we had enough trouble when we were still working 🙃

I always refused to pay the extra for PLA policies and I haven’t looked yet, but apparently it’s all included in your membership now.

• Like 2