About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 28/07/2024 at 20:01, sunnyday said:

If I ever, ever say I am helping with an OAP tea party please shoot me!🤣

Shattered doesn't even come into it...

🤣🤣🤣

..... I love my grandchildren - but, boy am I glad when they go home!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/07/2024 at 10:15, SueFinanceManager said:

@louby looshall I try and delete some of the duplicate posts for you?

Yes please!!!!!! I really don't know what happened- honest Sue I did only mean to post once 🤣 (or maybe I was trying for an Olypic medal in posting posts!😳)

😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Hope everyone is okay?

Another busy week here.

Granddog will go home sometime today and then to be honest I am looking forward to a quiet weekend (hope that is not famous last words!)

Next week will be grandchildren at the start of week and then the other two granddogs will arrive on Thursday.

Hope that the weekend is kind and filled with things that each of you enjoy x

• Like 1

Good morning! 

My nephew dog went home yesterday evening. It has been a very relaxed week of a little therapeutic sorting out in school, lots of walking outside and LOTS of sleeping. Today I feel a little like I’m rising out of the fug of end of term tiredness. 

I’ve done a quick walk round the block and 15 minutes tidying in the garden. Now I’m about to sit down for a little gentle sock knitting and reading. After that - who knows!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!   

Glad eveyones dog duties have gone well this week 🐶🐶

Pretty quiet week here in the sunshine, I seen the GC most days and had a two night sleepover with the GD,  now time for a quick nap before we're off out with friends this eveing (GD would have stayed again tonight given the chance 🤣!)

Good weekend folks xx

• Like 3

Hi all, my week has mostly consisted of new year prep and watching Olympics, which is ok as it’s been a bit to hot for much else 🥵 

Pleased to say we’ve recruited a new a deputy for Sept, which is a relief 😅 though it’s going to be strange going back with no long standing staff left in the team and trying to build a relatively newly qualified or recently recruited team all over and the first time our deputy hasn’t been promoted internally.

Have good week all 😊 

• Like 3

We had Zebedee back in hospital on Friday and yesterday to top up his phosphate and blood supply.  I wish we knew where it all kept going!   He’s home again now, and still weary but nothing like last week, thankfully.   

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 04/08/2024 at 16:25, Cait said:

We had Zebedee back in hospital on Friday and yesterday to top up his phosphate and blood supply.  I wish we knew where it all kept going!   He’s home again now, and still weary but nothing like last week, thankfully.   

Sending lots of love xxx

• Love 2

I just don’t know where the weeks go! Time seems to fly by so quickly! Lots of jobs this week and much dog walking, my dog and grand dog. It’s very busy down here and counting down the weeks until it starts to quieten down a bit!  Been loving the Olympics and have watched as much as possible.
 Hope Zebedee is beginning to feel better. Xx

• Like 3

Just checking in on everone as I know longer know what day of the week is it anymore!

Cait- hope Zebedee is doing better now?  Hopefully the good weather helps, even if its just mentally and being to sit outside in the sun/shade for a little while 😊

Zigzag - you must be really busy now - a total swap around workwise for you?  Remember to find some downtime too! 😊

Sunnyday - I'm still waiting for my todo list 🤣

Hoglet and Mouseketeer - rest, rest and rest. And when you've done that.... rest some more 😊

Anyone else need advice? 🤣🤣🤣

xx

• Like 5

Hiya louby

No TDL for you - enjoy the break x

I have had youngest two grandchildren for last two days...today I am having some 'me time' and meeting two friends for coffee...best I get showered and dressed then!

• Like 3

On 07/08/2024 at 09:14, louby loo said:

Hoglet and Mouseketeer - rest, rest and rest. And when you've done that.... rest some more 

Anyone else need advice? 🤣🤣🤣

xx

Oh I am doing! I’ve read 4 books, knitted half a pair of socks, cooked proper food every day and slept a ridiculous amount - there have only been 2 days when I haven’t had a nap in the middle of the day.

I have done a little work and a part of my brain is stressing about not getting everything I need to done but I am managing to ignore it fairly well!

Currently contemplating some baking for later on today…

• Like 4

On 07/08/2024 at 09:29, sunnyday said:

Hiya louby

No TDL for you - enjoy the break x

I have had youngest two grandchildren for last two days...today I am having some 'me time' and meeting two friends for coffee...best I get showered and dressed then!

I have the two today and tomorrow, not overnight though! 🤣 (daughter works Wed + Thur)  I'm considering venturing out with the two of them tomrrow, I mean I do take them out in the village but thinking of further afield! 😳😂

Have a good coffee and catch up.  🍰

On 07/08/2024 at 11:27, Froglet said:

Oh I am doing! I’ve read 4 books, knitted half a pair of socks, cooked proper food every day and slept a ridiculous amount - there have only been 2 days when I haven’t had a nap in the middle of the day.

I have done a little work and a part of my brain is stressing about not getting everything I need to done but I am managing to ignore it fairly well!

Currently contemplating some baking for later on today…

Good for you! 😄  Any good books?  I've been reading mainly free kindle books nothing to exciting 🙄

• Like 1

On 07/08/2024 at 13:55, louby loo said:

I have the two today and tomorrow, not overnight though! 🤣 (daughter works Wed + Thur)  I'm considering venturing out with the two of them tomrrow, I mean I do take them out in the village but thinking of further afield! 😳😂

Have a good coffee and catch up.  🍰Eas

Good for you! 😄  Any good books?  I've been reading mainly free kindle books nothing to exciting 🙄

Easy stuff! My brain can't cope with much at the moment plus I fall asleep so quickly that I can't do complicated. So, mostly Trisha Ashley/Heidi Swain  type books. I've also been reading some Agatha Christies that I haven't read before (And then there were none - I saw a play of it earlier in the the year and really enjoyed it so wanted to read the book - very sinister). I have been reading some Patricia Wentworth 'Miss Silver' books - golden age of crime. I have also recently loved the Thursday Murder Club books and a re-read of Tracy Chevalier's 'A single thread' - I love her books. I've done several free Kindle books too.

I loved The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams which was an audiobook.

I'm a bit headachey today - sore neck and I'm going to mum and dad's for tea so am just chilling! Enjoy your trips out!

• Like 2

On 07/08/2024 at 14:37, Froglet said:

Trisha Ashley/Heidi Swain  type books.

My go to easy type books! I also like a bit of Milly Johnson.

I read The Lost Bookshop, by Evie Woods recently which was a bit different and I quiet enjoyed.

Hope you're feeling better soon. xx

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 2

On 07/08/2024 at 15:30, sunnyday said:

Our 'coffee' lasted 3 hours - all good though always lovely to catch up!

Sounds perfect! 

• Like 2

On 07/08/2024 at 15:46, louby loo said:

The best kind of coffee!! Hope it doesn't keep you up all night all that caffine!

Strictly 'decaf' for me - but hey since when did 3 coffees come to £10.80 🙃

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Another busy week for me.

Have the two big granddogs here - choc lab and golden retriever, they will go home on Sunday only to return for just over two weeks next Friday (must research kennel fees 🐶😂)

Looks like we are in for some very warm/hot weather over the next few days.

My only plans today are dog walking and some garden tidying.

Hope that everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

Good morning!

Lovely and sunny here at the moment. I have had a gentle start to the day with some reading and general pootling. I'm going to have a go at some foccacia in a moment as it's 'clear the fridge' day on my menu plan and looking at what's in there I think it will be roast veg and pasta and I think foccacia might be a good accomaniment.

I have ordered a 'bistro set' for my garden which I need to collect some time this weekend, I haven't had anything proper to sit on out there for ages and am hoping it will both be lovely for early morning tea and inspire me to do a bit more work out there.

I am feeling clearer headed and more awake than I have for a few days (I think my new inhaler kicked in) so am hoping to do a little work. I have just finished a sock bar the sewing up so need to make the second of the pair.

• Like 2

Oh young froglet that all sounds lovely especially the foccacia - yum!

I am going great guns here - dogs have been walked, I have 'tidied' the garden (lots of deadheading and have cut back some shrubs that were taking over), I have two small joints in the oven 1 x beef and 1 x gammon these will be served cold over the next few days, next 'job' now is to make some potato salad and to go up to the polytunnel and see what salad stuff I can harvest...

• Like 1