Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Good morning - 'tis Friday

I have come to the conclusion that we have offended 'the Gods' - first the drain problems, then a boiler breakdown and this week our hot water tank developed a leak which came through our sitting room ceiling 😧 never mind, I remind myself that all of these problems are fixable and that people would pay to have my problems!

Mr S is receiving appointments for tests pre op thick and fast now - such a shame that these tests can't be coordinated and held on one day - but really just thankful that things seem to be moving for him now 🤞

My sister is still in hospital, not much more to say about that...

Hope that everyone is okay - soon be half-term! 🤣

Wishing a lovely weekend to all x

• Like 2

Well, at least 'The Gods' are good at sharing is all I can say!!!!!!!

Sorry Sunnyday....  all I can say is 'Been There, Got the T-shirt.

This week:

• Boiler died
  • Hot water tap on bath started gussing water 11.30 pm (fortunately due to broken boiler at least the water wasn't scalding hot)
  • Sibling rushed into hospital - ok now though.

Good news, new taps came yesterday, new boiler tomorrow, brother hopefully home again Sunday/Monday.

Although it's been a nighmare week, I do fell blessed that everything was fixable (including brother),  that we could afford to have the work done, and even though yes, the NHS does have problems- at least once they get started they do a good job.

Hope evvyone (apart from me and sunnyday) have had a good week, and at least the weather is a bit brighter today.😊

Well I am feeling very lucky as I have had no plumbing issues this week at all......I am keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way 🙏🙏🙏

I cannot work out if I am hot or cold.....on balance cold I think and it really feels Autumnal down here in Sussex although it is supposed to get warmer again next week 🤷‍♀️ Cannot work out the weather right now.  I am hoping that tomorrow morning will be dry as I am on dog walking duty.  I am looking forward to seeing the changes to the hedgerows and woodland I walk the dog in tomorrow though as although I am not a fan of the rain I do like the changes Autumn brings in nature.

Apart from dog walking and a few chores I shall be spending most of the weekend sat on the sofa watching the Solheim Cup (ladies Golf tournament for those not familiar with it) Europe V USA and then next weekend is the male equivalent the Ryder Cup ...... 2 very unproductive weekends coming up lol

Whatever you spend your weekend doing I hope it is fun and relaxing 

Sue xx

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 09:49, louby loo said:

Well, at least 'The Gods' are good at sharing is all I can say!!!!!!!

Sorry Sunnyday....  all I can say is 'Been There, Got the T-shirt.

This week:

• Boiler died
  • Hot water tap on bath started gussing water 11.30 pm (fortunately due to broken boiler at least the water wasn't scalding hot)
  • Sibling rushed into hospital - ok now though.

Good news, new taps came yesterday, new boiler tomorrow, brother hopefully home again Sunday/Monday.

Although it's been a nighmare week, I do fell blessed that everything was fixable (including brother),  that we could afford to have the work done, and even though yes, the NHS does have problems- at least once they get started they do a good job.

Hope evvyone (apart from me and sunnyday) have had a good week, and at least the weather is a bit brighter today.😊

Louby - you poor thing! 

What on earth is happening to us?

All good wishes from my disaster area to yours xxx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 22/09/2023 at 10:49, louby loo said:

I know!  I had the granddaughter for a sleepover last night..... laying in bed she asks 'will it be snowing in the morning when we wake up'  and I actually though 'who knows'  😳😂

Please no snow! 🤣

I need good drying weather please - slowly working my way through washing all of the items that we used to soak up water - old duvets, towels - you name it I used it 🤦‍♀️🤣 I could chuck some really but it's all useful when we have granddogs come to stay!

On 22/09/2023 at 10:55, sunnyday said:

I need good drying weather please - slowly working my way through washing all of the items that we used to soak up water - old duvets, towels - you name it I used it 🤦‍♀️🤣 I could chuck some really but it's all useful when we have granddogs come to stay!

Snap 😂

Although, new boiler means I have been focrced to sort the airing cupboard.... and I do seem to have far far  too many old towels and duvet covers!

• Like 2

Oh goodness you two! I hope you’re properly dried out soon!

It’s been a ‘week with challenges’ for me. Ended well though - friends round for dinner last night - I tried making a ‘Tres leches cake’ for the first time and think I’ll do it again. Then today I went up north with all the rest of my family to meet my newest nephew for the first time. Lots of cuddles and so lovely to see my older niblings too. Especially when I was greeted with ‘Aunty Froglet come and play on my swing!’

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 23/09/2023 at 20:01, Froglet said:

Oh goodness you two! I hope you’re properly dried out soon!

It’s been a ‘week with challenges’ for me. Ended well though - friends round for dinner last night - I tried making a ‘Tres leches cake’ for the first time and think I’ll do it again. Then today I went up north with all the rest of my family to meet my newest nephew for the first time. Lots of cuddles and so lovely to see my older niblings too. Especially when I was greeted with ‘Aunty Froglet come and play on my swing!’

Oh how lovely young Froglet - nothing like new baby cuddles ❤️

I thought of you earlier - I was watching 'Celebrity Antique Roadshow' and they featured 'well dressing' - I thought oh yes, I know all about that courtesy of young Froglet!

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 11:24, louby loo said:

Snap 😂

Although, new boiler means I have been focrced to sort the airing cupboard.... and I do seem to have far far  too many old towels and duvet covers!

Your local vet with appreciate the old towels. If there’s a Morsbags group near you they’ll probably love the duvet covers!  

• Like 2

On 29/09/2023 at 14:11, sunnyday said:

Wow!

We made £533.00 - how lovely - people are so generous 

Wow, that is good. 🍰

Not a very eventful week for me (thank-goodness after last week!)

Brother fully recovered, lots of lovely hot water, and away for a few days next week.

Have a good one all 😁

• Like 4

Wow! Sunnyday that is loads! Louby glad it’s been a slightly less eventful week for you.

My week has been one of long days and one tricky situations so I’m pretty tired. I had been trying to get my school free Sunday back but in h interests of not killing myself today I think my goal is more to get back to a good starting point for Monday. I did have a glorious yarn delivery arrive yesterday so I’m enjoying that!

• Like 1

On 27/09/2023 at 19:28, zigzag said:

Hello lovelies. Just catching up with all your news since coming back from holiday. It was very refreshing not having internet access for a whole week!   It sounds like it’s been eventful for some and I hope things are getting better for all! Xx

How was the cruise- would you recommend it?

On 01/10/2023 at 16:33, louby loo said:

How was the cruise- would you recommend it?

The ship, the staff the food were AMAZING absolutely faultless.  Sadly we missed our first port because the weather was too rough to dock, second port was lovely but the rain did not stop for a second! (Bit like being in Cornwall) we walked up to a viewing platform which was 418 steps 🥵. We were like drowned rats and wet through but the view was good. The next port was stunning and I want live there, it’s just beautiful. We did do a trip along the lakes and on troll cars up to  a glacier which despite the weather was awesome. The village (500 inhabitants ) give the most amazing and emotional send off to the ship each week but because it’s the last trip there u til next year it was extra special. Made me cry. Our last port was a really industrial town and quite a long walk to get to the nicer parts, sadly by this time my husbands chest infection had really taken hold and despite his best efforts to pretend otherwise was making him feel yucky so we decided to stay on the ship. We also slept through the northern lights! (Hangs head in shame) Captain was expecting them between 4-5am (so we got up) but they had actually appeared at 2am!! Honestly story of my life.  
would I crusie again? Yes, probably but wouldn’t be my first choice, I prefer to be more independent and under my own stream. But I would highly recommend the Norwegian fjords they are truly spectacular.

• Like 2

On 01/10/2023 at 16:43, sunnyday said:

Missing our Panders 💔 we would have been busy discussing Strictly now...

I thought exactly the same.  Loved to discuss the scoring and predicting with her ☹️😢

• Like 1

Well, if I’m honest it’s been a bit of a week. Nothing dramatic just very longs days and an overwhelming TDL. But it’s the weekend, time to rest and regroup. I have a friend coming for tea tonight - no idea what I’m going to feed her. Suggestions welcome! 

I have a significant birthday coming up very soon - people keep asking what I want to do for it - I have no ideas about that either!

I am reminiscing though - I discovered The House of Eliott on TV and am watching that - does anyone else remember it?

Hope  you’re ok too Sunnyday.

• Like 1

Well it’s been two weeks of hand holding new committee members here to get the forms/checks done, Thankful to have new members but OMG 🤯 topped off when one of them said ‘I can’t think of anyone to sign the ID check form’, I said “please bring me the ID with the forms and I can do the ID check as the Ofsted registered nominated person” (they had simple guidance telling them this), their reply “oh, I thought it had to be a professional” …..says it all really doesn’t it 🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 2