Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

My cheese scones are ridiculously cheesy!  I make them every week for the coffee morning at church.   Weight for weight is almost the same amount of cheese to mix.   I use three number 5 strength cheeses, a white and and orange cheddar and a Wensleydale with some grana padano sprinkled on the top before baking.   There’s some paprika in there too, and I used to put dry English mustard powder in as well, but some coeliacs have bother with mustard, so I don’t do that now, unless they’re just for us.   I find using yoghurt instead of milk to bind it improves that cheesy taste too.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 27/07/2023 at 15:20, Cait said:

My cheese scones are ridiculously cheesy!  I make them every week for the coffee morning at church.   Weight for weight is almost the same amount of cheese to mix.   I use three number 5 strength cheeses, a white and and orange cheddar and a Wensleydale with some grana padano sprinkled on the top before baking.   There’s some paprika in there too, and I used to put dry English mustard powder in as well, but some coeliacs have bother with mustard, so I don’t do that now, unless they’re just for us.   I find using yoghurt instead of milk to bind it improves that cheesy taste too.  

Oh my - they sound wonderful - cheesy, cheesy and cheesy!

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

Nothing exciting to share from here - we still have the little 'snack thief' with us and will do round to Saturday of next week - she is a sweetie really ❤️

I do wish the weather would brighten up - I was longing for rain last month but now it's a case of 'enough already'

Mr S was told that he would have his long awaited op before the end of July - hmmm not much of July left - he needs to ring the hospital really but is reluctant to do that 🤷‍♀️ 

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Love 1

Week one of the Hoildays already gone 🙀

My plan to retire this summer have passed 🙀🙀!!!   I shall 99.9% sure to retire by next summer though.  I do plan to cut my hours further though.

I have tended to be a 'bit more private' now this is an open forum...... but I guess if my staff have found me they've already worked out who I am 🤣 Therefore,I shall this- we currently have my daugher and the two GC staying with us while they have building work done. All I'm saying is - I love them dearly ... but I do hope the building work ends soon 🤣🤣😭!!!

I wish the sun would come out, we've not really had an awful lot of rain, but it's just so grey, damp, and miserable outside. I even almost lost the plot on our last day concert at preschool, it was such a grey dank  cold day I went into 'auto pilot speech' for the Christmas concert and almost told the parents it was time for them to apply for school places!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

(PS- if my staff have found me- you know I love you all really - even if you do drive me around the twist sometimes! 😘😜) xx

• Like 2

Ah louby dooby do - I had wondered about your retirement - but you hadn't mentioned it so thought it best that I didn't either...

I often wonder you reads this - I know I 'outed' myself last year with all my witterings about the water situation - speaking of which - we are still on a bloomin' hosepipe ban - are they for real 🤦‍♀️

For those who read but don't join in - please do - everyone welcome on this lovely thread

• Like 3

Well, it’s indeed Friday - I have spent the last two days in school sorting - such a luxury to have the time and space to do it. I’m in again this morning but am going at about 2pm to catch up with a friend. We’re going to a local soft play centre as she’s bringing her grandson - I may well see some of my class. After that fish pie for tea at mum and dad’s who I haven’t seen for ages.

I have started my summer sock project which I’m very excited about - will hopefully have photos to show you soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The weather has been ridiculous. A couple of days this week were more like November! Pouring with rain and thick fog.  We are still on a hosepipe ban as well! At least the worry that the water company had about how it was going to cope with the influx of people into Cornwall for the summer is now not a problem! I agree with you Sunnyday, enough already.

Today I was doing a holiday cottage changeover which overlooks the most beautiful cove, one minute I looked out and the beach was busy, there were people paddle boarding and swimming in the beautiful sunshine, five minutes later it was foggy and drizzling! It really is the most peculiar weather. Also very bizarrely, on my walk the other day I passed loads of ripe blackberries! Where have the seasons gone? 

Gosh us British really do like to talk and moan about any sort of weather don’t we!  When yiu think about it, we are blooming lucky when you see what’s happening in Greece and other countries. 

Nothing exciting planned for the weekend, just more changeovers and then taking a clients dogs out as she is working on a boat all day and her husband is currently filming the free diving world championship in the Bahamas!  Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 28/07/2023 at 17:51, zigzag said:

A couple of days this week were more like November!

Yes!!!! This was my issue- halfway through talking to all the parents attending (which I totally hate anyway) I look out of the window, then see all the parents in winter clothing... then  my brain almost reverts to the winter term!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/07/2023 at 11:01, louby loo said:

Yes!!!! This was my issue- halfway through talking to all the parents attending (which I totally hate anyway) I look out of the window, then see all the parents in winter clothing... then  my brain almost reverts to the winter term!!!

It's so disappointing - but I do take on board what the lovely zigzag said about the wildfires. I have a friend with a son living near Athens - he is safe, but they have to wear masks whenever they set foot outside because of the awful air quality.

Anyway - not so bad here this morning - I have some washing out and have taken the sweet little 'snack thief' out for a good run in the field - she makes me laugh - she has her nose down sniffing out the bunnies, foxes and whatever wildlife inhabits the field at night - her tail is just whirring as she rushes round and round, she wears herself out beautifully!

On 29/07/2023 at 12:17, sunnyday said:

Anyway - not so bad here this morning - I have some washing out and have taken the sweet little 'snack thief' out for a good run in the field - she makes me laugh - she has her nose down sniffing out the bunnies, foxes and whatever wildlife inhabits the field at night - her tail is just whirring as she rushes round and round, she wears herself out beautifully!

I need to do this with the granddaughter!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/07/2023 at 12:17, sunnyday said:

It's so disappointing - but I do take on board what the lovely zigzag said about the wildfires. I have a friend with a son living near Athens - he is safe, but they have to wear masks whenever they set foot outside because of the awful air quality.

Definitly this! I was getting really angry with the TV News last week with people getting upset about their ruined holidays.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2023 at 13:30, louby loo said:

Definitly this! I was getting really angry with the TV News last week with people getting upset about their ruined holidays.

That’s exactly what I said. They are coming home to safety and their homes and all they were doing was moaning. 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2023 at 15:57, sunnyday said:

Hopefully your granddaughter wouldn't roll in fox poo!

Two unscheduled baths so far - good job I love her 🤦‍♀️😂

Crumbs!

We’ve had very driech weather for a few weeks and made the decision to hold the church fair indoors yesterday and wouldn’t you know it - sunshine!  I’m glad we decided to be inside though, it could so easily have been rubbish again.   One year it started absolutely hosing down just as we were finishing up and bringing all the tables and chairs back inside!  
On a side note - why does everyone think that tables and chairs and bunting puts itself away when those who have set up, been there and organised the day are already on their knees! 

• Like 3

On 30/07/2023 at 10:18, Cait said:

On a side note - why does everyone think that tables and chairs and bunting puts itself away when those who have set up, been there and organised the day are already on their knees! 

Oi - when did you move to my village?! 🤣

It all happens as if by magic - surely you know that 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Like 1

Crumbs!

We’ve had very driech weather for a few weeks and made the decision to hold the church fair indoors yesterday and wouldn’t you know it - sunshine!  I’m glad we decided to be inside though, it could so easily have been rubbish again.   One year it started absolutely hosing down just as we were finishing up and bringing all the tables and chairs back inside!  

Not just Sunnyday's village, my school(s) frequently suffer the same situation.

I have done a load of sorting in my dining room this morning. It tends to become a catch all room as it's where I work/eat/craft if it involves a table but as it's also not the living room I feel slightly less precious about it looking messy. There are some scones in the oven (and I've treated myself to some clotted cream to put on them). In theory, this afternoon was going to be spent sorting the living room but I'm feeling sleepy so am going to settle down with my knitting/crochet (only 3 projects on the go at the moment) and my book and see how I feel after eating lunch. I'm really trying to break the poor sleep cycle I've got into and actually stayed in bed until nearly 6am today but that's still pretty early for a Sunday. I have 5 lovely weeks to get lots of things done in...

• Like 2

On 30/07/2023 at 11:35, Froglet said:

Not just Sunnyday's village, my school(s) frequently suffer the same situation.

I have done a load of sorting in my dining room this morning. It tends to become a catch all room as it's where I work/eat/craft if it involves a table but as it's also not the living room I feel slightly less precious about it looking messy. There are some scones in the oven (and I've treated myself to some clotted cream to put on them). In theory, this afternoon was going to be spent sorting the living room but I'm feeling sleepy so am going to settle down with my knitting/crochet (only 3 projects on the go at the moment) and my book and see how I feel after eating lunch. I'm really trying to break the poor sleep cycle I've got into and actually stayed in bed until nearly 6am today but that's still pretty early for a Sunday. I have 5 lovely weeks to get lots of things done in...

Well done young Froglet - but I need to know have you bought any new stationery?

One of the very few things I miss about working is that lovely stationery buying spree that I indulged in at the beginning of summer hols 😉

Edited by sunnyday
  • Haha 1

On 30/07/2023 at 11:50, sunnyday said:

Well done young Froglet - but I need to know have you bought any new stationery?

One of the very few things I miss about working is that lovely stationery buying spree that I indulged in at the beginning of summer hols 😉

Oh stationery.  Happy days.  There just doesn’t seem to be any excuse these days, although I did spend a happy hour (+)  looking at notebooks on Amazon this week when Zebedee asked me to go and look for a lined 9x5 notebook.   (Stoppit now!  I just want a bog standard notebook) nope, I’m going to show you this one, and this one, and this one, and ……..

• Like 2

Well. the buying of stationery is my big retirement issue.... that said- the source of such delights is rapidly declining in my area.😭

What really gets my goat is when you carefully put the bunting up (that you've spent hours making) with an easy release knot- and someone just cuts it off! 😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How has a week gone already? 😔 3 days in work then a couple with family outings, lots of sun yesterday but wet, dark and gloomy today, a bit of catch t.v, a bit of knitting, key group sorting and a bit of eating (well, that’s a lie, a bit more than a bit 🐷

Acedemic calendar & diary + note pads bought 🤩

Also a bit more aware of what I post that might give me away, but that said it would be great to have more people posting about current EY issues 🤔 

🤞for brighter weather soon x

• Like 3

Actually no! I went digital with my diary last year. I find myself wanting less ‘stuff’ these days. I’m actually in major throwing out mode!

• Like 1

On 31/07/2023 at 18:45, Froglet said:

Actually no! I went digital with my diary last year. I find myself wanting less ‘stuff’ these days. I’m actually in major throwing out mode!

Oh young Froglet - I love a new diary - no 'digitalness' here 🤦‍♀️🤣 but 'major throwing out mode' I can identify with!

My lovely sons have bought some long lengths of wood (not a good description really) anyway one of them has been busy cutting and splitting and guess what - my log store is full - whoop - how generous! They have enough to fill their log stores too...

I know I am not meant to keep moaning about the weather - but give me strength - it was blue skies and sunshine first thing but the grey is back, think it will rain any minute now 🤦‍♀️ time to get that little 'snack thief/fox poo roller' out before it does 🤦‍♀️🤣