Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 14/07/2023 at 09:44, Cait said:

I’ve been feeling rubbish most of the week having been glutened on Monday.   I’ve not got a lot to show for myself this week apart from losing half a stone that I didn’t intend.   Hopefully it’ll sort over the weekend and I can get on with stuff I’m meant to be doing - if it’s hoying it down, that won’t be dead-heading!   I’ll be jamming I expect with the gooseberries and redcurrants currently in the fridge, I’ve got dried apricots soaking for the jam I was meant to do on Wednesday, so hopefully they’ll still be okay. I’ll have so much fridge space!   

Poor you, hope you’re fully back to yourself soon. I do have WhatsApp.

It has been a tough week here but we had our Trust award ceremony last night and I am out for dinner with friends tonight although I’m not sure quite how long I’ll stay awake - I might take my slippers!

7 days left to go. Please keep everything crossed that we have good weather for Wednesday and Friday - rescheduled trips. I will probably be lynched if they don’t go ahead!

• Like 1

Hope you soon feel better Cait. Yes I have WhatsApp.  The wild weather was absolutely awful this morning, my poor flowers have taken a battering.  Hoping it dries up as I have all the laundry from the holiday cottage that I do to get washed and dried before next Friday!  It’s so changeable at the moment.  Wishing a good weekend to all.

No, not at all Mouseketeer.  I was just wondering if WhatsApp chat would be simpler, is all.  But not if we don’t all have it.  That’s no good.

Glutening, yes, I think it must have been on Monday when I was serving at the coffee morning.  I usually only do the gluten free things but I had to serve some muggle stuff too this week as we were a volunteer down.   I washed my hands before and after handling scones and cakes etc, but I must have had a crumb under a nail or something silly, then nibbled a nail later on.  It’s so easily done and doesn’t take much!  Takes a few days to get over it, depending on the severity - it can last a month if it’s bad.  Mainly full fatigue and woolly head alongside ‘bathroom bound’ with lack of appetite.   

• Sad 1

On 14/07/2023 at 20:33, Cait said:

No, not at all Mouseketeer.  I was just wondering if WhatsApp chat would be simpler, is all.  But not if we don’t all have it.  That’s no good.

Glutening, yes, I think it must have been on Monday when I was serving at the coffee morning.  I usually only do the gluten free things but I had to serve some muggle stuff too this week as we were a volunteer down.   I washed my hands before and after handling scones and cakes etc, but I must have had a crumb under a nail or something silly, then nibbled a nail later on.  It’s so easily done and doesn’t take much!  Takes a few days to get over it, depending on the severity - it can last a month if it’s bad.  Mainly full fatigue and woolly head alongside ‘bathroom bound’ with lack of appetite.   

Goodness Cait I had no idea that it could take something so little as that. I wrongly assumed that you would have to eat a fair  bit of gluten to get a reaction as severe. Poor you, it must be difficult to live with.

Yes it only takes a crumb in the butter or the jam from a careless knife for a complete reaction for a sensitive coeliac.   That’s why we have our own butter etc.   Luckily my husband and I are both coeliac so it makes life much simpler at home. A completely gluten free house - and when family stay, they eat gf too.   

• Love 1

On 15/07/2023 at 09:36, Cait said:

Yes it only takes a crumb in the butter or the jam from a careless knife for a complete reaction for a sensitive coeliac.   That’s why we have our own butter etc.   Luckily my husband and I are both coeliac so it makes life much simpler at home. A completely gluten free house - and when family stay, they eat gf too.   

I didn't realise that it would take so little either ☹️

I remember when a little girl I  taught was diagnosed coeliac being stunned at some of the precautions her family had to go to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 15/07/2023 at 13:12, Froglet said:

I remember when a little girl I  taught was diagnosed coeliac being stunned at some of the precautions her family had to go to.

One of my friends has a granddaughter who is not only coeliac but type 1 diabetic too - I am in complete awe of the family and the little girl - such a lot to cope with...

Did you enjoy your evening out young Froglet and did you manage to stay awake?!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2023 at 13:23, sunnyday said:

One of my friends has a granddaughter who is not only coeliac but type 1 diabetic too - I am in complete awe of the family and the little girl - such a lot to cope with...

Did you enjoy your evening out young Froglet and did you manage to stay awake?!

I did thank you. I wasn’t back until about 1am but have had the best night’s sleep I’ve had in months! I only woke briefly at 5am then slept again until about 10. I’m rarely been asleep past 3 or 4am for ages or had more than 3 hours of unbroken sleep!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That must take some getting used to 😢 xx

On 16/07/2023 at 20:08, Gezabel said:

Nope an avid fan here! on the edge of my seat and confess to shouting/shrieking a few time🤣

Phew! Thought it was just me! 

I do a fair bit of shouting too - but mainly at Andrew Castle - his commentary drives me nuts ☹️

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2023 at 13:40, sunnyday said:

Dear Friday friends

This is not my place really but please look out for a thread started by Pander's son -I know that you will all want to comment...

Thank you so much for making  me aware of this Sunnyday. Xx

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 14:10, zigzag said:

Thank you so much for making  me aware of this Sunnyday. Xx

Not all - it hadn't gone unnoticed (by me) that she hadn't posted for the last two weeks - but I never want my lovely forum friends to think that I am 'keeping tabs on them'

I am so utterly shocked and so very, very sad for her and for her lovely family...

• Love 3

On 17/07/2023 at 14:16, sunnyday said:

Not all - it hadn't gone unnoticed (by me) that she hadn't posted for the last two weeks - but I never want my lovely forum friends to think that I am 'keeping tabs on them'

I am so utterly shocked and so very, very sad for her and for her lovely family...

Very grateful to her son for being so kind at this time to let us know.  Very sad and very shocking.  Sending you love as I know the two of you have been forum friends for a long time. Xx

• Like 4

I’m absolutely gutted and I’m in shock.   I’m really going to miss her chirpy texts and comments on here.   She’s been such a help to lots of people and will be a huge miss.  😩

• Like 2
  • Love 2

She will be so missed.

On 17/07/2023 at 14:16, sunnyday said:

Sunnyday, please don’t ever think that. You have no idea how much it meant to me one time when you checked in with me when I’d not posted in a while.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 17/07/2023 at 19:43, Froglet said:

She will be so missed.

Sunnyday, please don’t ever think that. You have no idea how much it meant to me one time when you checked in with me when I’d not posted in a while.

That's very kind of you, thank you x

I thought long and hard about posting some happy news - my decision was reached in the sure and certain knowledge that Panders would not mind at all...

So here goes:

My beautiful eldest granddaughter graduates today with a First class degree!

We are so proud of her, especially as she was in the cohort who were unable to take A levels (Covid restrictions) and in her first uni year she never got onto campus - all studying was virtual.

She has secured a job with the Police - 10 weeks on the beat (arrgh) and then into CID - this has been a long held ambition.

As I said - we are all very proud of her!

• Love 3

On 19/07/2023 at 10:15, sunnyday said:

I thought long and hard about posting some happy news - my decision was reached in the sure and certain knowledge that Panders would not mind at all...

So here goes:

My beautiful eldest granddaughter graduates today with a First class degree!

We are so proud of her, especially as she was in the cohort who were unable to take A levels (Covid restrictions) and in her first uni year she never got onto campus - all studying was virtual.

She has secured a job with the Police - 10 weeks on the beat (arrgh) and then into CID - this has been a long held ambition.

As I said - we are all very proud of her!

That is such wonderful news, (and I am sure would have wanted you to share it.)

Congratualtions to her- all her hard work has paid off 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1