Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 16/06/2023 at 14:26, Panders said:

Outbreak of Roseola at the GDs nursery, might it be that I wonder although maybe yours are a little old to get it

https://patient.info/skin-conditions/viral-rashes/roseola

Thanks for that - I will pass it on

Just had a look and a read - it doesn't really fit because, thank goodness, they don't have any signs of illness, no fever, no sore throats...

It's a bit of a mystery really

Edited by sunnyday

On 16/06/2023 at 08:20, sunnyday said:

Day but our two youngest grandchildren are both covered in some sort of unidentified rash/spots - Doctors x 2 best guess is that it may be connected to the chickenpox virus but not actually chickenpox 🤷‍♀️ 

That’s odd, a few months ago we had a CP like ‘thing’ doing the rounds, dr’s were saying CP but within a couple of days they’d be completely clear of any rash or the rash was not as obviously CP but still be diagnosed as 🤷‍♀️

Well, I’m very confused because I’ve just read all your posts thinking ‘how can there be a continuous provision virus?’

Bonkers week here so am taking’s the evening off before I tackle the TDL tomorrow.

I did have the excitement of a new colour on the temperature blanket and have splashed out on a kit of yarn and a pattern to make some colour work socks. I also seem to have had a breakthrough with one of my most challenging children. Plus I have booked myself a couple of days away in August. I have done that since 2018 - am feeling slightly terrified but proud that I did it!

• Love 1

On 16/06/2023 at 17:49, Mouseketeer said:

That’s odd, a few months ago we had a CP like ‘thing’ doing the rounds, dr’s were saying CP but within a couple of days they’d be completely clear of any rash or the rash was not as obviously CP but still be diagnosed as 🤷‍♀️

That's so interesting - were the children unwell in themselves?

On 16/06/2023 at 19:15, Froglet said:

Well, I’m very confused because I’ve just read all your posts thinking ‘how can there be a continuous provision virus?’

Bonkers week here so am taking’s the evening off before I tackle the TDL tomorrow.

I did have the excitement of a new colour on the temperature blanket and have splashed out on a kit of yarn and a pattern to make some colour work socks. I also seem to have had a breakthrough with one of my most challenging children. Plus I have booked myself a couple of days away in August. I have done that since 2018 - am feeling slightly terrified but proud that I did it!

Oooh - where are you going young Froglet?

• Haha 1

On 16/06/2023 at 19:29, sunnyday said:

That's so interesting - were the children unwell in themselves?

No, parents wanted to send them as they were fine, 2 of them saw the dr,  told one it was CP and that the spots don’t always blister but told the other def not CP as the spots haven’t blistered …so that didn’t help 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  We just has 6 big drops of rain!!

The non-chicken chicken pox sound weird!  We had a child last summer that had one spot that looked like CP, she had it about a week or so Drs +pharmacist (plus others) said def not CP.... then about two weeks later she was totally coverered in full on CP!

Good for you froglet - taking the leap and booking a break 😁

• Like 3

On 18/06/2023 at 08:36, Cait said:

Half a dozen drops here 😩

Hopefully you will get some today - had a look and you are under an Yellow warning for storms - actually most of the country is...

Edited by sunnyday
  • Thanks 1

On 18/06/2023 at 10:48, sunnyday said:

Hopefully you will get some today - had a look and you are under an Yellow warning for storms - actually most of the country is...

Yes.  I’ve been following the weather radar map in my app.  Fingers crossed that it’s not too savage and breaks everything 

• Like 1

The 'spotty two' have been round for a garden visit (horrible to have to go back to that) granddaughter's spots no too bad, but poor grandson has a whole new lot, they are so 'angry' looking - goodness knows - following the chickenpox/not chicken pox she had it when she was tiny, but he hasn't had it 🤷‍♀️

Such a shame - they wanted to carry granddads presents - but were told (rightly so) "no, you can't touch anything that is for granddad".

As I said before, at least they are not feeling unwell and the spots are not itchy - think this will be a forever mystery...

On 18/06/2023 at 18:23, Panders said:

rain started while e were in church, lifted a little when we came out, but couldn't have christening tea outside as planned😔

What a shame and such bad luck when you think of the weather we have been enjoying recently

We have middle granddaughter's birthday today (such a worry that she shares her birthday with Boris Johnson☹️ ) we are having an evening family celebration for her - I am very much looking forward to that - plans are for outside - but could be moved inside if necessary - although son will be pizza making in the outdoor pizza oven...hmm I don't mind holding an umbrella over him! 🤣

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 13:53, louby loo said:

Well I think we had about ten spots of rain.   Little bit of drizzle saturday night but still needing to water things 😬

Crikey louby - it is so localised isn't it - we had the aforementioned overnight storms and then we had loads of rain yesterday afternoon/evening...

I had a lovely surprise yesterday

As you know, I often look after my granddogs - the last time I had two of them my DIL loaned me her Dyson cordless saying "this is so handy" - I was so impressed with it and commented that I had thought of buying one until researched them and that they are just too expensive for me...

When we turned up for granddaughter's birthday bash yesterday evening youngest son said "can you open your boot mum" - yes my lovely boys had bought one for me as a 'thank you' for looking after their doggos - how very kind of them!

I have two granddogs arriving this Saturday for a two week stay + one more the following Friday for the weekend - never had three of them together before - it will be chaos - hope it's happy chaos!

• Love 2
  • Confused 1

Morning - 'tis Friday

Granddogs are arriving today - I am a 'soft touch' - apparently if they come today it would be one less thing to do tomorrow! 🙃😂

Before that I am off to spend some time cleaning for my lovely mum-in-law - she has finally recognised that she needs a little help - she is 92 so about time ❤️

Weather is beautiful - long may it last...

Hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x