Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 11/05/2023 at 10:37, louby loo said:

You have me sussed.... I used to collect biro's from places, but thought I might be able to 'up my game' 🤣

Biros - absolutely - only good thing about training in days gone by - I would routinely hoover up all of the pens that were supplied! 🤣

• Haha 3

On 12/05/2023 at 12:58, SueFinanceManager said:

Hi Sunnyday
Feeling a bit short changed as it is only a 2 day weekend after 2 weeks of bank holidays 🤣

Yes and  5 whole workdays next week too!! 🙀 (mind you I only work mon-weds anyway 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve long thought that a 3 day weekend should be a standard thing! Not much planned for me this weekend - more work on the gargoyle!

I got a blood blister  my mouth on Wednesday evening. It’s gone down but my mouth is still unbelievably painful - really hard to swallow so lots of paracetamol for me!

• Sad 1

On 13/05/2023 at 08:20, Froglet said:

I’ve long thought that a 3 day weekend should be a standard thing! Not much planned for me this weekend - more work on the gargoyle!

I got a blood blister  my mouth on Wednesday evening. It’s gone down but my mouth is still unbelievably painful - really hard to swallow so lots of paracetamol for me!

Ouch young Froglet 

• Like 1

Froglet that sounds nasty, hope it is soon better.  Well I’ve had two very productive afternoons in the garden and for once feel like I’m on top of both vegetable and flower gardens. It won’t last  five minutes but nice whilst it does! Am hoping that this beautiful weather might last..

• Like 2

Well done on the gardening zigzag! How is your knee?

I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday - I won't go into detail - but it's behind me now - so all good!

Today - the sun is shining and I have been very busy in the garden - just popped back in for lunch - going back out now!

• Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 13:38, sunnyday said:

I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday - I won't go into detail - but it's behind me now - so all good!

Today - the sun is shining and I have been very busy in the garden - just popped back in for lunch - going back out now!

Poor you. Glad it’s behind you - sunshine and outdoors will help I’m sure. Take care.

• Like 1

Hope you’re ok Sunnyday as they say tomorrow is another day.  I didn’t feel my knee at all when I was inactive with Covid. Then first day back to normal was really painful and ached all night. But since then it’s been bearable. 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2023 at 13:38, sunnyday said:

Onwards and upwards as they say.😊

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

I am enjoying the change in the weather - how lovely to see the sun long may it last - not too much to ask for now that we are halfway through May...

Looked after our two youngest grandchildren for a few hours after school - very 'interesting' conversation with granddaughter, after checking with my DIL it would seem that her class (Year 3) have had some sort of Sex Ed...good to know, thanks for warning me 🤦‍♀️🤣

Knitting group was such fun yesterday - we are now making 'lap blankets' for inclusion in the 'seasonal' hampers that our Parish Council clerk makes up for our very oldest village residents.

Might pop out later - need to buy eleventy-billion cards for all of the June birthdays...

No real plans for the weekend will just take it as it comes - have a good one y'all x

• Like 3

Well, the week has wizzed by as normal - almost had an out'n'out argument with a staff member oover how many week until half term -  it turns out one week left 🙀 I thought we had another week! Panic set in for me as we're going away Wednesday!

We've had a drizzly grey morning, but the sun is now shining again, hoping for a good weekend.

• Like 3

Amazing weather this week got loads done in the garden and a joy to have dry non muddy dog walks.  Changeovers have started to get busier so we must almost be in the ‘silly season’. Next week my brother and family are down from Kent for a week which will be lovely.  My son and his partner got a puppy last Friday, she is gorgeous and luckily my dog has accepted her without a hitch which is a enormous relief.

• Like 3

On 19/05/2023 at 13:58, Cait said:

Zebedee having chemo 5. We are hoping 6 will be sufficient of the promised 6-10 cycles.  Lovely day in York tho! 

Hope it goes well Cait would be good if  6 did the trick, shows they're on the right track

• Like 3

On 19/05/2023 at 17:41, Panders said:

Hope it goes well Cait would be good if  6 did the trick, shows they're on the right track

Keeping everything crossed but the figures yesterday didn’t look promising 😳

Weather is just beautiful again here - line full of washing (I am so sad that's important to me 🙃), I have planted out 27 plants, geraniums, salvias, petunias and sunflowers, have chatted with neighbours (also important to me), house is 'acceptable', so I think my next step is to sit in the sun and read...

• Like 1

Everything crossed here too Cait.

Sunnyday - you did things the right way round! I have got the washing on the line and bought a ball of wool but other than that have drifted in and out of sleeping and reading today. I have promised my sister that I will go out for a walk tomorrow.

• Like 1

Also got all Zebedee’s bedding on the line so that’s all lovely and fresh for him.   Smells fabulous.  Lovely to hear an ice cream van going round today.  Summer is on its way! (Although I’m stuck with ‘daisy, daisy, give me your answer do’ in my head ) 

• Like 2

I am getting just a little excited! I started my training 50 years ago this month. I was one of a group of 23 students. Over the years sadly 3 have died but many of us have kept in touch. We had a 25 year reunion and next weekend we are meeting up for our 50th anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 50 years or that 12 of the original group will be there. The photo albums will be out for sure and lots of memories of our time together will be shared. It was a residential college so we lived and trained together!  

• Like 6

On 20/05/2023 at 22:32, Gezabel said:

I am getting just a little excited! I started my training 50 years ago this month. I was one of a group of 23 students. Over the years sadly 3 have died but many of us have kept in touch. We had a 25 year reunion and next weekend we are meeting up for our 50th anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 50 years or that 12 of the original group will be there. The photo albums will be out for sure and lots of memories of our time together will be shared. It was a residential college so we lived and trained together!  

How brilliant - have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

Oh how fabulous!  You really did get to know them then!   I was thinking as I read this that I wouldn’t know the women I trained with at all, never mind remembering any names!  

• Like 4

Sound like an exciting day to look foward to 😊 (scary that's it's 50 years though!!! 🙀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning 'tis Friday!

Another BH and half-term for those who get them - enjoy...

How is everyone?

Nothing exciting to report here - just happy with the better weather which helps with the 'gentle pottering' that I enjoy so much 

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

P.S. How brilliant was that woman that 'watered' the protesters at Chelsea yesterday! 😂

• Haha 2