Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 05/05/2023 at 08:45, zigzag said:

Hope the bees leave you in peace from now on Finleysmaid.  Well for me this week has been a total write off as have Covid. Been feeling rotten but am my own worst enemy as am not a good patient and try and do too much to prove I’m better and then wipe myself out! Do it every time. Tested positive on Monday and still feeling rubbish.  Hope it goes soon.

So what are everyone’s plans for the coronation weekend? 

Noooooooo.......you poor thing - I am sending lots of love and healing vibes to you lovely zigzag x

• Like 1

On 05/05/2023 at 10:42, Panders said:

had my covid booster on Wednesday feeling a bit hot/cold today so trying to take it easy.   family will be buzzing in and out all weekend i daresay

Get some paracetamol on board - Mr S had his a couple of weeks ago - just had a headache, but his arm ached for days...

As ever, my little village has excelled itself with Coronation events - an afternoon tea for 'seniors' (phew! not old enough for that one!) at our lovely Church and we have an event on the recreation field on Monday with a band, bar and food - just need the weather to be favourable for that one!

I am really looking forward to watching tomorrow (Mr S less so - well he can busy himself elsewhere then 🤣)

Hope the long weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

Thought I’d share this from one of last weeks walks. Amazing variety of colour in the spring plants in such a small area. Mother Nature is truly amazing.

0A5328FE-DAEC-4099-9AC1-F7E8EF96F9BE.jpeg

Edited by zigzag
This was last week not this week! I promise I haven’t been out and about this week!
  • Like 5

Went well didnt it!   I was surprised that Camilla's crowning was so short and sweet - I thought it would have been nice to see her sat next  to ,  Charles to be crowned not off to the side.

Louis did soooo  well I noticed he disappeared after a couple of hours, well done Louis. 

Poor old Harry - what a sad figure he cuts.  I am pleased he came over for his father's day but really - he just looks like he doesn't belong any longer and has a long long way to go if he does want to make bridges

I loved the part in the Palace gardens where the troops were on parade - welled up at that point

• Like 3

I always find myself wishing I could get a closer look at all the amazing needlework - both royal and ecclesiastical! It’s the little things… 😉

I have worked really hard this week on sticking to a routine, getting more sleep and eating properly. It’s mostly worked and definitely contributes to me feeling calmer. I worked this morning and did Tesco’s and the library this afternoon. I have lots more work on the TDL but the urge to get back to crocheting the gargoyle (body, head and arms are done) is strong! I have 14 books that I should be doing assessments on - I might try to do those and then tackle the rest of the planning tomorrow morning when my brain is more in thinking mode!

Tuna pasta is on the menu tonight - I’m quite glad of the rain to justify the comfort food. Other cooking plans this weekend include mushroom soup, cheese scones and trying out a rhubarb and custard cake!

Oh, and in exciting news the temperature has finally increased enough for me to add some blue to my temperature blanket!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 14:46, Cait said:

Well wasn’t that a lovely coronation!  I bet they’re soooo relieved - what a security nightmare!  

Agreed Cait - must have been many people saying phew!

On 06/05/2023 at 15:59, Panders said:

Went well didnt it!   I was surprised that Camilla's crowning was so short and sweet - I thought it would have been nice to see her sat next  to ,  Charles to be crowned not off to the side.

Louis did soooo  well I noticed he disappeared after a couple of hours, well done Louis. 

Poor old Harry - what a sad figure he cuts.  I am pleased he came over for his father's day but really - he just looks like he doesn't belong any longer and has a long long way to go if he does want to make bridges

I loved the part in the Palace gardens where the troops were on parade - welled up at that point

Didn't it go well!

I loved seeing George with an active role, Charlotte is a beautiful little girl and Louis is super too - I did have a little laugh when I noticed that he had been 'whisked away'

Harry - oh I don't know, I agree with your comment 'what a sad figure he cuts' - but can't help but feel that he has heaped a whole load of hurt on his family...

On 06/05/2023 at 16:16, Froglet said:

I always find myself wishing I could get a closer look at all the amazing needlework - both royal and ecclesiastical! It’s the little things… 😉

I have worked really hard this week on sticking to a routine, getting more sleep and eating properly. It’s mostly worked and definitely contributes to me feeling calmer. I worked this morning and did Tesco’s and the library this afternoon. I have lots more work on the TDL but the urge to get back to crocheting the gargoyle (body, head and arms are done) is strong! I have 14 books that I should be doing assessments on - I might try to do those and then tackle the rest of the planning tomorrow morning when my brain is more in thinking mode!

Tuna pasta is on the menu tonight - I’m quite glad of the rain to justify the comfort food. Other cooking plans this weekend include mushroom soup, cheese scones and trying out a rhubarb and custard cake!

Oh, and in exciting news the temperature has finally increased enough for me to add some blue to my temperature blanket!

I was so interested in film shown earlier this week of people working on the embroidery - can't be easy to work at such a strange 'angle'

Other than that you work too hard young Froglet - I hope that you do take time to do those things that you enjoy over the weekend

• Like 1

well we awoke to no electricity! Today of all days.  Managed to somehow transfer the 4G from phone to iPad and began to watch the build up then my phone ran out of battery. 😡 How happy was I when I was just about to have a melt down when my husband casually magicked up a generator for the shed and hooked up the tv. I knew I married him for a reason.  Thought the whole service and procession was splendid. How beautiful Charlotte and Kate looked.  I don’t know that there is a way back for Harry with the family after his book and documentary. I was completely behind him when he wanted to step back and move his family away but his further actions have left me with no sympathy to him.  I also have total respect and admiration for Penny Mourdant, what a very together and composed lady, who must have guns of steel and looked amazing.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 22:23, zigzag said:

well we awoke to no electricity! Today of all days.  Managed to somehow transfer the 4G from phone to iPad and began to watch the build up then my phone ran out of battery. 😡 How happy was I when I was just about to have a melt down when my husband casually magicked up a generator for the shed and hooked up the tv. I knew I married him for a reason.  Thought the whole service and procession was splendid. How beautiful Charlotte and Kate looked.  I don’t know that there is a way back for Harry with the family after his book and documentary. I was completely behind him when he wanted to step back and move his family away but his further actions have left me with no sympathy to him.  I also have total respect and admiration for Penny Mourdant, what a very together and composed lady, who must have guns of steel and looked amazing.

Thank goodness for Mr zigzag!

I agree Penny Mordaunt did a superb job.

How are you feeling now?

I must busy myself today having spent so much time on the sofa watching proceedings yesterday...

On 06/05/2023 at 16:16, Froglet said:

Oh, I remember the excitment of a new colour when doing mine!🤣

• Like 1

On 07/05/2023 at 10:17, louby loo said:

Oh, I remember the excitment of a new colour when doing mine!🤣

It’s funny isn’t it? I have used this colour before but it’s been grey for ages. That was the intention when I set the colours as I want it to go in a particular room but the change is refreshing!

On 06/05/2023 at 18:23, sunnyday said:

Other than that you work too hard young Froglet - I hope that you do take time to do those things that you enjoy over the weekend

Well, I was awake at 4.30 this morning and had done a load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom and made a pot of mushroom soup by 7am! A morning of work but since then I have dozed, read and am about to do some crochet (second gargoyle toe!). I have rethought the rhubarb and custard cake - too much ‘faff’ so am roasting my the rhubarb to eat at some point and am contemplating making scones instead. Does that make you feel better?

Oh and I’ve just redeemed a ‘tea and book club’ subscription I was given!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2

On 08/05/2023 at 15:13, Panders said:

would you believe it the jet ski has broken down - im being towed back home🙄  I shall have to wait for another batch, another day.  homemade scones my fave too

What rubbish timing! I can make scones anytime though!

Our long tailed tits have fledged!  There are at least 5 babies in the front garden - so ridiculously excited!  I want to rush out there and scoop them up off the damp grass! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

On 09/05/2023 at 11:13, Panders said:

our nest (hole in oak tree) was visited by blue tits but rejected this year (very sad).  nothing like a successful fledge to cheer everyone up

Oh no! Obviously not a 'des res' 😂

• Haha 2

On 09/05/2023 at 12:09, sunnyday said:

Bother - turned my back for five minutes and missed out on scones...

There are some left - I'd forgotten until you said that - a quick refresh I. The oven and they’ll be great!

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 18:58, Froglet said:

There are some left - I'd forgotten until you said that - a quick refresh I. The oven and they’ll be great!

Ok, I'm on my way... might take a while as I think I'm going to need an Ark and a wetsuit  to get there!  I have never seen as much rain as we've had this eveing 😳

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/05/2023 at 19:07, Froglet said:

Sunnyday has a waterproof balaclava with snorkel if that would help? I’m sure she’d be happy to lend it.

Oh I don't know about that - that particular outfit is a thing of beauty and I am concerned that louby would fall in love with it and I would never get it back...

• Like 2

On 11/05/2023 at 08:28, sunnyday said:

Oh I don't know about that - that particular outfit is a thing of beauty and I am concerned that louby would fall in love with it and I would never get it back...

You have me sussed.... I used to collect biro's from places, but thought I might be able to 'up my game' 🤣

• Haha 2