Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 09/10/2022 at 14:46, Froglet said:

I am having serious motivation problems today - am not feeling great (pretty sure it’s just tired but not quite tired enough to sleep nor ill enough to be off school. Even if I were the things on my to do list are for other classes so I’d have to do them anyway. 🙁 Just one week until half term - I can do this!

Hope you managed to get bits done  🍰💐

Do you get tow weeks off?  We still have two weeks to go. (but it's going b****y fast this year!!!)

Thank you! I have got the absolute bare minimum done and have given up for today. I will get up early tomorrow to do other stuff. Right now I’m drinking proper hot chocolate, watching Strictly and crocheting a baby blanket. Lots of other people at school have had the autumn cold and although I don’t feel ill it wouldn’t surprise me if it was on the way.

Louby - yep 2 weeks off. We lose a week in summer to get two in October.

• Like 2

Samba and Rumba notorious for ending Strictly runs.   Out of the two certainly Ritchie should have gone, Katya is so good at being inventive and although Tony Adams might have gone - it was entertaining, I think that kept him in,  and I think the Bros fella is kept in because he has cost the BBC a lot of money - could be talking a bit of manipulation there of votes, can there be that many Brosettes out there still??

• Like 1

Yes I know what you mean Sunnyday he does look anxious and exposed - out of his comfort zone.

My best friend went on a WI outing to the outlet which makes the costumes for Strictly recently she was telling me about it today and showing photographs, quite fascinating what she was saying about what happens behind the scenes.

• Like 2

On 13/10/2022 at 19:01, Cait said:

How is it Friday already tomorrow?  I’ve lost this week with bloomin covid. Still testing positive but feeling a little more ‘upright’.  

Hope you haven't been too poorly with it and test negative soon 💐🍫 xx

On 13/10/2022 at 19:11, Panders said:

Famous last words, but I don't know how I'm dodging the bullet so to speak, so many people I know have had it recently.  

I know what you mean!   

On 13/10/2022 at 19:11, Panders said:

Had my autumn booster this morning.  Famous last words, but I don't know how I'm dodging the bullet so to speak, so many people I know have had it recently.  Hope you test negative soon Cait.

Shhhhhh - don't say it, don't even think it

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone - half-term is getting closer!

I have a had a lovely couple of days - yesterday's Knit and Natter was so much fun, lots of laughter which is good for the soul...in the evening we enjoyed a family meal with the added bonus that our eldest granddaughter was down from Uni, this had been kept secret from us, so good to see her and hear all about her Uni 'adventures'!

Today - I am dog sitting, two 'granddogs' - one choc lab and one golden retriever - bliss, they are such gorgeous dogs

Mr S is doing the 'station runs' - keeps him busy!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

Good evening 😊

Another wizzy week has flown by.

I've spent the day cleaning out my office - so much early years stuff is now in the recycling 🙀   My thinking is - if I haven't used it yet, it's never going to be used!

Nothing much planned for the weekend other than a few little garden tidying jobs.

Have a good weekend everyone 😊😊 

• Like 1

Sounds like a lovely few days Sunnyday! Louby - I love a good bit of throwing out!

Well, I am on half term for two weeks and am looking forward to it so much. For a whole host of reasons school is particularly tough at the moment and although the TDL is still there there will be a break from the day to day pressures. Of course, as it’s the first day I’m up at 6.30am! Today and tomorrow I’m mainly going to try to restore order to my house and go through emails and lists to work out exactly what is on the TDL and make a plan to tackle it. I was also intending to read a new book which downloaded to my kindle except that the kindle has disappeared - entirely possible it’s under a heap of ironing.

My other thought for the holiday was to start making a list of 50 things to do before I’m 50. I have 3 so far so any ideas gratefully received! My brother suggested going to work for 50 days - just 50!

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 06:37, Froglet said:

My other thought for the holiday was to start making a list of 50 things to do before I’m 50. I have 3 so far so any ideas gratefully received! My brother suggested going to work for 50 days - just 50!

Read a set  list of 50 books.

I think we need a ball park idea of timescale in order to add to your list 😮😁

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 14:34, Panders said:

and possibly how brave you are?😂

I thought that too - could we include mountain climbing. abseiling, hot air ballooning, channel swimming? 😂

You do know already young Froglet that we all think you should apply to go on Bake Off

On 15/10/2022 at 17:14, louby loo said:

Whitewater rafting .....

Can't wait to see what young Froglet makes of these suggestions 😂 there is absolutely no way Jose that you would ever find me indulging in any of those activities, but she might be a real daredevil on the quiet...

I was thinking about what's on my 'still to do' list - I really want to visit Highgate Cemetry and I would like to see Rome

Young Froglet have you ever been to the Ballet or an Opera? I haven't, but then I don't particularly want to 😂

Would you like to go to a dance class or learn a particular dance - tap or something?

On 15/10/2022 at 13:35, louby loo said:

Read a set  list of 50 books.

I think we need a ball park idea of timescale in order to add to your list 😮😁

50 books was on my list - just no idea which ones! There is 1 year and 11 days to complete the list!

On 15/10/2022 at 16:24, sunnyday said:

I thought that too - could we include mountain climbing. abseiling, hot air ballooning, channel swimming? 😂

You do know already young Froglet that we all think you should apply to go on Bake Off

Not abseiling or channel swimming although some kind of swimming challenge maybe? I’m not going to do Bake Off! Maybe but probably not hot air ballooning. Not sure about mountain climbing…

On 15/10/2022 at 17:41, sunnyday said:

Young Froglet have you ever been to the Ballet or an Opera? I haven't, but then I don't particularly want to 😂

Would you like to go to a dance class or learn a particular dance - tap or something?

I have been to both ballet and opera and like them. I’d like to perhaps learn some kind of dance. There are places I’d like to go and see but so many things are really hard to do on your own - I’m not very brave in that way.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 20:11, Froglet said:

50 books was on my list - just no idea which ones! There is 1 year and 11 days to complete the list!

Not abseiling or channel swimming although some kind of swimming challenge maybe? I’m not going to do Bake Off! Maybe but probably not hot air ballooning. Not sure about mountain climbing…

I have been to both ballet and opera and like them. I’d like to perhaps learn some kind of dance. There are places I’d like to go and see but so many things are really hard to do on your own - I’m not very brave in that way.

Where are the places you'd like to go?

On 15/10/2022 at 20:28, sunnyday said:

Off topic now - poor Mr Mellor - he was far too poorly to be dancing - I have given him all 3 of my online votes

I found myself voting for Tony Adams in the hope that more votes for him may mean Matt Goss goes!    Wasn't the delightful Hamza good?  Regarding Will, Katya was also croaky voiced this week - seems to me each year they get some virus bug ripping through the group.   Maybe its all that hot sweaty training they do then going out into the cold air

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 20:59, Froglet said:

I’d love to do an Anne of Green Gables visit to Canada. See an opera in Milan. London. Scottish Highlands and Islands. Just on holiday somewhere.

We  all could do a  'meet up' to help out!  (not Canada or Milan though 🤣)

• Like 2

On 15/10/2022 at 21:39, louby loo said:

We  all could do a  'meet up' to help out!  (not Canada or Milan though 🤣)

I thought the same when I saw 'London' on the list but...

Believe it or not I am actually quite shy

Mr S would have heart failure if I said "I'm off to London on my own to meet up with my forum friends"

• Like 2