Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Good morning - tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

Young Froglet is already back to work and I guess that many of you will be next week - wishing you a wonderful autumn term

Courtesy of our fantastic sons we now have a full log store - we had loads and loads of long lengths of well seasoned long lengths of wood from trees that have either been taken down or fallen of their own accord...'just' needed cutting with chainsaws, Mr S not well enough to do this, so our 'boys' came to the rescue! So that's one less thing to pay for over the winter!

We had a smart meter fitted last week - I might be ever so slightly obsessed with it😂

We attended a dear friend's funeral yesterday, such a testament to a lovely lady, so many people there that we had to stand outside of the Chapel...

Youngest grandson starts school next week - where the heck has the time gone - dear little boy...

Hoping the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1

I think we are just enjoying the last of the lovely weather before the promised deluges.   I shall weed the driveway cracks between the flagstones I think - back-breaking but it needs to be done and I refuse to spray.  

I remember the feeling of being obsessed with the smart meter!  Unfortunately the box in the house doesn’t talk to it any longer, and British Gas boiler service wasn’t interested in being helpful when he came, so I’m going to have to try and contact them to get a replacement.   😩

So excited about your youngest grandson entering the world of academia, but it’s really bittersweet, isn’t it.  That feeling that they’re not quite yours any more. 😕

• Like 1

On 02/09/2022 at 11:24, Cait said:

I remember the feeling of being obsessed with the smart meter!  Unfortunately the box in the house doesn’t talk to it any longer, and British Gas boiler service wasn’t interested in being helpful when he came, so I’m going to have to try and contact them to get a replacement.   😩

Ah - no gas up here - never has been - so just electricity for our smart meter...

I had read/or heard can't remember, something about a possible scheme whereby we could be 'rewarded' for not using a great amount of electricity between 5 - 8pm, if that happens you would need a smart meter in order for your provider to read...probably won't happen anyway 🤦‍♀️ but, if it does, I will be prepared🤣

We've had a smart meter for a few years, at first Mr. Panders a little over excited - but now doesn't mention it😆    He did say the leaf blower for the garden was an electricity gobbler, so maybe the vacuum cleaner is too and the self-cleaning oven is probably a nightmare so I will be watching that usage - probably use the steaming option instead - also mostly drying washing and using the tumble for a few minutes to fluffy up the towels.   Crock pot out for first use yesterday, just need to freezer portion stuff up now.

Just been to soft play with youngest granddaughters - odd little place in the shopping centre, never really been that keen on it to be fair, but it was ok, clientele behaved themselves 😂  and the girls enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I’ve had an annoying cough for the last 3.5 weeks finally realised maybe it was a bit more than a cough so contacted the doctor and have got antibiotics for a chest infection and drops for a mouth and throat bacterial infection!  Had to have a very uncomfortable conversation with a doctor about why I didn’t want to deal with him. This doctor was the reason my Dad had a catastrophic bleed and nearly died and then had the last two years of his life completely ruined. He prescribed super strong pain killers to my Dad who should never have been given these as he was also on a blood thinning tablet and the pain killers should never be prescribed without stomach lining tablets which he was not given.  As soon as I said my Dads name he said “yes that should never have happened, I apologise”  He had two years to apologise to my poor Dad and he never did!  I found it a very frustrating and upsetting conversation.
We are off to see the fisherman’s friends musical at the theatre tomorrow, so really looking forward to that. Hopefully the weather won’t be too terrible for travelling.  Looking forward to NOT returning to school next week and finally handing over the monitoring of the email account etc!

• Sad 1

Well, I went back yesterday for staff training day.... then I don't work Fridays 😁 so off today.  I must say this is the first year that I've not been in for the first day with children so my mindset if definitely changing now.  😮😊

No smart meters in this house! And I still pay my bills quarterly. 

Hope you're feeling better soon Zigzag. 💐🍫🍇

• Like 1

On 02/09/2022 at 16:09, zigzag said:

I’ve had an annoying cough for the last 3.5 weeks finally realised maybe it was a bit more than a cough so contacted the doctor and have got antibiotics for a chest infection and drops for a mouth and throat bacterial infection!  Had to have a very uncomfortable conversation with a doctor about why I didn’t want to deal with him. This doctor was the reason my Dad had a catastrophic bleed and nearly died and then had the last two years of his life completely ruined. He prescribed super strong pain killers to my Dad who should never have been given these as he was also on a blood thinning tablet and the pain killers should never be prescribed without stomach lining tablets which he was not given.  As soon as I said my Dads name he said “yes that should never have happened, I apologise”  He had two years to apologise to my poor Dad and he never did!  I found it a very frustrating and upsetting conversation.
We are off to see the fisherman’s friends musical at the theatre tomorrow, so really looking forward to that. Hopefully the weather won’t be too terrible for travelling.  Looking forward to NOT returning to school next week and finally handing over the monitoring of the email account etc!

Make sure you keep on top of that cough Zigzag.  Sorry to hear about the mishap with your dad - dreadful, and having to use the same doctor as you say an uncomfortable conversation at the very least for you.   There have been good reviews I think of the new Fisherman's Friends, hope you enjoy it.

On 02/09/2022 at 16:57, Panders said:

Make sure you keep on top of that cough Zigzag.  Sorry to hear about the mishap with your dad - dreadful, and having to use the same doctor as you say an uncomfortable conversation at the very least for you.   There have been good reviews I think of the new Fisherman's Friends, hope you enjoy it.

This is the musical not the film. Xx

On 02/09/2022 at 16:09, zigzag said:

Oh lovely zigzag - you poor thing and your poor, poor dad - I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must have been for you to have to deal with that GP

I do hope that you are soon on the road to recovery, bit of an expert (sadly) on chest infections because of Mr S, so can I offer a little bit of advice, if your cough doesn't go it might be that you have not been prescribed the correct anti-biotics, hopefully that won't happen, but just in case...

Enjoy the theatre!

Good luck with the handover of the last bits that tie you to pre-school

• Like 2

Wishing everyone back next week (or the end of this one) a great Autumn term ….how many weeks till half term 🤔 

hope you feel better soon zigzag, enjoy the theatre …take some fisherman’s friends with you so you don’t cough 😝 not envious (much!) that you get to hand the reins over fully now, I can only imagine how the weight dropping off your shoulders must feel, enjoy every well deserved moment 😊 x

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/09/2022 at 09:42, louby loo said:

On a lighter note - should I be bringing in all my green tomatoes, or will they still ripen outside?

I would leave them on for a little bit longer - if you do bring some in, put a banana in the bowl and that will help to ripen them

• Like 2

On 10/09/2022 at 16:39, sunnyday said:

I would leave them on for a little bit longer - if you do bring some in, put a banana in the bowl and that will help to ripen them

In a brown paper bag with a banana, my grandad always said.  

• Like 2

What a day again!   They must be exhausted and emotionally and physically drained!   They’ve handed her over to the Queen now, so hopefully they can all get some rest tonight.  Televisually, that is presumably ‘it’ now until Monday.  Apart from King Charles’ visits around and about - is it any wonder he got upset at the fountain pen malfunctioning?  

• Like 1

Charles and Anne must be emotionally and physically exhausted and my heart goes out to them. To do what they are doing with such dignity is truly amazing.  I thought todays events were very moving and beautiful.  I think Charles has to go to Ireland on Friday and then I hope the family get some time together to grieve like a normal family.
Im finding myself so emotional and raw with this and have shed tears for the queen when I still can’t for my Dad which I don’t understand.  I keep thinking how emotional he would have been with all this and how he would have been so proud of how the queen is being respected and all the pageantry.  He loved the queen so much and was so honoured to parade past her once at the Cenotaph with his Korean War regiment.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2