Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 19/07/2022 at 20:50, Froglet said:

Am in the throes of trying to sort out leaving presents for various people.  One is taking early retirement.  We have a bracelet, book and a personalised bag for her but have lots left.  We were thinking of a lovely plant - any suggestions?  Gardens are not my strong point!

How about a lovely Rose in a really lovely pot?

• Like 1

On 19/07/2022 at 20:56, sunnyday said:

That would have the film crew, reporter, residents and those manning the water station running for the hills >>>>>>🤣

Could you threaten it as some kind of intimidation technique?  Or if other people get pushy near the water station?  You could offer to play strip poker?

• Like 1

On 19/07/2022 at 21:02, Froglet said:

Could you threaten it as some kind of intimidation technique?  Or if other people get pushy near the water station?  You could offer to play strip poker?

Hey - good thinking young Froglet 🤣

Checking in early, as tomorrow I have to go with my daughter for an appointment .... that I'm not allowed to tell people about for another few weeks 😁😁😁

How did everyone survive the heat? I didn't much enjoy it - but I not complaining when you see what many people have lost in the last few days 🙁

• Like 4

On 21/07/2022 at 20:23, louby loo said:

Checking in early, as tomorrow I have to go with my daughter for an appointment .... that I'm not allowed to tell people about for another few weeks 😁😁😁

Oh louby - if I knew the news - which of course I don't because you haven't told us yet - I would be saying whoop! whoop! many congrats to all - but obviously, I'm not saying that because (Manuel stylee) "I know nothing"!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 21/07/2022 at 21:27, sunnyday said:

Oh louby - if I knew the news - which of course I don't because you haven't told us yet - I would be saying whoop! whoop! many congrats to all - but obviously, I'm not saying that because (Manuel stylee) "I know nothing"!

I wasn’t going to mention that bit as we aren’t meant to know 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤭

• Like 3

Louby Lou congratulations hope all is well! We had one day where the humidity was horrendous. We just are not used to it down here at all. It’s now a pleasant heat again thank goodness.

Well this is it folks, my last day! Did a handover to the new manager yesterday and apart from helping her with the first payroll and funding task that’s it! I feel very strange, so just going to enjoy my last morning with the children and try very hard not to cry!

If it’s your last day of term have a lovely one.

• Like 4

Good morning all - tis Friday again

Right now - we are we up to...

louby has absolutely no exciting news at all - but if she had I would be sending congrats to all

zigzag has to get through her last session - sending positive vibes your way dear zigzag

poor young froglet still has days to go - sending strength

Would you like an update on my water situation - no I won't - I promised not to bang on about it! 😂

I took delivery of another holiday dog yesterday - whoop - eldest son's Sprocker - looking forward to a fortnight of fun with her!

Have a great weekend all x

On 22/07/2022 at 08:19, sunnyday said:

Good morning all - tis Friday again

Right now - we are we up to...

louby has absolutely no exciting news at all - but if she had I would be sending congrats to all

zigzag has to get through her last session - sending positive vibes your way dear zigzag

poor young froglet still has days to go - sending strength

Would you like an update on my water situation - no I won't - I promised not to bang on about it! 😂

I took delivery of another holiday dog yesterday - whoop - eldest son's Sprocker - looking forward to a fortnight of fun with her!

Have a great weekend all x

Yes that sums it up very well!   I have also taken delivery of a holiday dog whilst my daughter and wife-to-be are at the Blue Dot festival.   She’s no bother at all after the first day when she follows me like a sheep - including to the loo!   She doesn’t obey the ‘no dogs in the kitchen’ rule, and my own dog is very ‘put out’ and stands by the door watching yo see if I’ll notice if she slips in too!  🤣🤣🤭

• Like 2

On 22/07/2022 at 08:19, sunnyday said:

But did you actually get your water back ok?  We had extremely low pressure - and we have very low pressure at the best of times - but we did lose our internet for the day!

On 23/07/2022 at 11:54, louby loo said:

But did you actually get your water back ok?  We had extremely low pressure - and we have very low pressure at the best of times - but we did lose our internet for the day!

Oh louby - I said i wouldn't go on about it...we had five, yes five days without water...we have water now but they turn it off at night...oh and at one point the bottle water station ran out

It has been a flippin' nightmare and there is no guarantee at all that this is over - the water station remains - who knows

• Sad 3

On 23/07/2022 at 13:15, sunnyday said:

Oh louby - I said i wouldn't go on about it...we had five, yes five days without water...we have water now but they turn it off at night...oh and at one point the bottle water station ran out

It has been a flippin' nightmare and there is no guarantee at all that this is over - the water station remains - who knows

Oops - I am telling fibs - somewhere within that five day period we did get water back for a whole four hours

On 23/07/2022 at 14:23, sunnyday said:

Oops - I am telling fibs - somewhere within that five day period we did get water back for a whole four hours

Ah, but wasn’t that because ‘Aunty Beeb’ showed up? 

On 23/07/2022 at 15:10, Cait said:

Ah, but wasn’t that because ‘Aunty Beeb’ showed up? 

That was it exactly - the beeb left and so did our water - you remember that I said to you "I've put a wash on" and we had a little worry that it might not complete it's cycle

Edited by sunnyday
  • Confused 1

On 23/07/2022 at 14:23, sunnyday said:

But have they given a reason for it?   At least our was low pressure do to water needed  diverting to put out a field fire (or two)

On 23/07/2022 at 15:36, louby loo said:

But have they given a reason for it?   At least our was low pressure do to water needed  diverting to put out a field fire (or two)

They allowed the storage tanks from the pumping station that feeds us to run so low that the boosters wouldn't work to pump it up to us - they have had to rezone water to be pumped into those tanks...it's complete and utter mismanagement from South East Water - they should be hanging their heads in shame

Can you imagine how hard it has been for farmers with livestock?

I have been utterly terrified about fire - to the front of us is the tinder dry village green, behind us is our own tinder dry field and behind that equally tinder dry corn fields - a fireman who lives in this village has been absolutely fuming about the "danger to life" (his words)

No water shortage around here - 4 miles down the road they are using sprinklers - grrr

Can you tell I am pretty flippin' angry about this - you really shouldn't have got me started

We have no certainty about when this will end...

• Sad 1

On 23/07/2022 at 16:22, sunnyday said:

They allowed the storage tanks from the pumping station that feeds us to run so low that the boosters wouldn't work to pump it up to us - they have had to rezone water to be pumped into those tanks...it's complete and utter mismanagement from South East Water - they should be hanging their heads in shame

Can you imagine how hard it has been for farmers with livestock?

I have been utterly terrified about fire - to the front of us is the tinder dry village green, behind us is our own tinder dry field and behind that equally tinder dry corn fields - a fireman who lives in this village has been absolutely fuming about the "danger to life" (his words)

No water shortage around here - 4 miles down the road they are using sprinklers - grrr

Can you tell I am pretty flippin' angry about this - you really shouldn't have got me started

We have no certainty about when this will end...

You have every right to be angry !  At least our low pressure was for good reasons.

• Sad 1

On 23/07/2022 at 16:41, louby loo said:

You have every right to be angry !  At least our low pressure was for good reasons.

Thank you louby!

At least we could flush loos here as we live in an older house with water tanks in the loft - felt so sorry for people that couldn't do that - complaints made to South East Water resulted in them putting 'Arlington tanks' on the hall car park with water for this use, but they failed to provide the bags to collect the water in for another 24 hours

Anyway - I must stop now, I could rant on for ages but I promise I won't 😉

• Sad 1

On 24/07/2022 at 11:03, sunnyday said:

hmmm - bit worried that we haven't heard from dear zigzag - hope all is okay...

Sunnyday you are so kind. I’m fine, Friday was very strange and emotional. Luckily my chairperson knows me well and knows that I don’t do fuss or attention at the best of times and she quietly passed on a present from the committee with no fuss. I had some beautiful cards, flowers and presents and feel very lucky.  I held it together until I got home and read the cards then I did get emotional.   Now to be honest and I never thought I would say it I feel nothing but relief. I’ve taken myself of all the messenger pages and Tapestry (which strangely was the one which affected most) Now I just need to walk the new manager through the first payroll and funding task and the I’m done completely.  Full steam into the cleaning jobs next week!

• Like 5

Take it one day at a time Zigzag leaving a major part of your life takes a while to settle down.  and I agree reading the cards etc. so emotional, even when I was having a major clear out a few months ago and came across loads of cards it still affected me and I found it hard - even hard to part with, but needs must.    Hopefully, less stress in your life, time to mourn your dear dad - hope you don't have to abandon us, but do try to get a photo to us of the lovely property you are cleaning!!!

• Like 2

On 24/07/2022 at 14:03, zigzag said:

Sunnyday you are so kind. I’m fine, Friday was very strange and emotional. Luckily my chairperson knows me well and knows that I don’t do fuss or attention at the best of times and she quietly passed on a present from the committee with no fuss. I had some beautiful cards, flowers and presents and feel very lucky.  I held it together until I got home and read the cards then I did get emotional.   Now to be honest and I never thought I would say it I feel nothing but relief. I’ve taken myself of all the messenger pages and Tapestry (which strangely was the one which affected most) Now I just need to walk the new manager through the first payroll and funding task and the I’m done completely.  Full steam into the cleaning jobs next week!

Phew!

Onwards and upwards dear zigzag - you might feel a bit strange in September I certainly did x

• Like 4

Yes it does! Plus it was a couple of years before I stopped thinking of my year in ‘terms’.    

I do still quote the old learning outcomes statements in my head when I see or hear young children attaining a ‘target’.  ‘Pretend that one thing represents another, especially when objects have things in common’ is a regular one 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 25/07/2022 at 18:55, Cait said:

Yes it does! Plus it was a couple of years before I stopped thinking of my year in ‘terms’.    

I do still quote the old learning outcomes statements in my head when I see or hear young children attaining a ‘target’.  ‘Pretend that one thing represents another, especially when objects have things in common’ is a regular one 🤣🤣🤣

I had to learn not to do this out loud when my niblings were small!

• Like 2

Yay! Rain glorious rain here this morning - I'm a very happy bunny - will have dampened things down a bit!

Update on water - we are still being 'turned off' overnight - I can live with that...water station still present in the car park, I won't stop worrying until that has gone

• Like 3