Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 08/04/2022 at 08:52, sunnyday said:

Good morning all - tis Friday!

My lovely little village, which is miles and miles away from Dover is affected by Operation Brock, we have huge lorries thundering along our roads - but it's nothing compared to the situation for the poor drivers caught up in the queues, think that there are something like 4,500 vehicles now, no facilities for the drivers...

In happier news - we are having a little Easter Egg hunt here for our two littlest grandchildren on Sunday, really looking forward to that, weather forecast is good too

Happy weekend x

I was thinking about you and panders and the traffic.  

Been a quiet week for me, had the granddaughter for the usual two days - but at home instead of work. I rarely see her at work though, so had to put in more effort at home! 🤣🤣   It's funny how it's actually more tiring looking after one than a whole group!   I'm now thinking I might buy a tuff spot and tray for the garden.

• Like 3

On 08/04/2022 at 08:52, sunnyday said:

Good morning all - tis Friday!

My lovely little village, which is miles and miles away from Dover is affected by Operation Brock, we have huge lorries thundering along our roads - but it's nothing compared to the situation for the poor drivers caught up in the queues, think that there are something like 4,500 vehicles now, no facilities for the drivers...

I was wondering about that when I saw it on the news last night.  Not good.  

• Like 1

Long walks and Easter egg hunts and time with grandchildren sounds lovely.  Lorries thundering not so much.  

My sister has messaged to say that they have arrived safely in Nepal.  I have been singularly unproductive again today.  I'm frustrated with myself now because although it's easy to say there are more important things and the TDL will still be there I would rather get it done.  I think I will have an early tea (I'm hungry!) and have another look at the TDL to see what must be done then tonight try to cross off some of the mindless things that are fairly easy but time consuming (I need to do a price comparison for our two main stationery suppliers for example) but will make a big difference down the line.  The planning (which is neither easy, nor quick and rarely fun) I might leave for tomorrow...  Wish me luck and please send all the motivation inducements you can!  Going in to school for long days wasn't exactly how I'd have chosen to spend my holiday but I have fewer excuses to procrastinate there!

In more positive news I have finished my latest pair of socks, finished the book I was reading last night and finished off the raspberry jam puddle chocolate brownies I made!

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 16:52, Froglet said:

Long walks and Easter egg hunts and time with grandchildren sounds lovely.  Lorries thundering not so much.  

My sister has messaged to say that they have arrived safely in Nepal.  I have been singularly unproductive again today.  I'm frustrated with myself now because although it's easy to say there are more important things and the TDL will still be there I would rather get it done.  I think I will have an early tea (I'm hungry!) and have another look at the TDL to see what must be done then tonight try to cross off some of the mindless things that are fairly easy but time consuming (I need to do a price comparison for our two main stationery suppliers for example) but will make a big difference down the line.  The planning (which is neither easy, nor quick and rarely fun) I might leave for tomorrow...  Wish me luck and please send all the motivation inducements you can!  Going in to school for long days wasn't exactly how I'd have chosen to spend my holiday but I have fewer excuses to procrastinate there!

In more positive news I have finished my latest pair of socks, finished the book I was reading last night and finished off the raspberry jam puddle chocolate brownies I made!

Sending positive thoughts your way, maybe set yourself a treat once x amount off list are completed?

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 17:06, louby loo said:

Sending positive thoughts your way, maybe set yourself a treat once x amount off list are completed?

That's a good plan.  I have already broken into my tub of crystallised ginger (bought to make iced ginger shortbread) so maybe the actual shortbread making or perhaps a takeout Indian feast for tea tomorrow if everything I need to is done!

On 08/04/2022 at 13:04, sunnyday said:

Just back from a ridiculously long walk - was beautiful, lots of lambs about now - also great to be away from the lorries...

Lorries are a pain! We had a spate of about 3-4  weeks when a few were parking up overnight down the bottom of our road as we are near to a border control point - luckily the parish council got onto it and it stopped.  Also, I believe  a lorry that took a wrong 'satnav' instruction was on one of those police/camera/action type programmes last week! It caused complete gridlock in the local town for a whole day.

• Like 1

Sending lots of motivational vibes your way!

Oh my actual goodness 'raspberry jam puddle chocolate brownies' sound like my idea of chocolate heaven!

• Like 1

On 09/04/2022 at 11:24, sunnyday said:

What the heck is he doing in that photo - attempting to turn round???

My thoughts entirely ! 😳

On 08/04/2022 at 17:07, Froglet said:

That's a good plan.  I have already broken into my tub of crystallised ginger (bought to make iced ginger shortbread) so maybe the actual shortbread making or perhaps a takeout Indian feast for tea tomorrow if everything I need to is done!

Feeling more positive/motivated today? 😊

On 09/04/2022 at 12:53, louby loo said:

Feeling more positive/motivated today? 😊

Lots! I have been working since 7.30, have taken an hour off lunch and am just about to get back into it. Now is the tricky time - I am so not an afternoon person. Lots of jobs have been ticked off the list today though so hopefully that success will keep me going.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2022 at 13:42, Froglet said:

Lots! I have been working since 7.30, have taken an hour off lunch and am just about to get back into it. Now is the tricky time - I am so not an afternoon person. Lots of jobs have been ticked off the list today though so hopefully that success will keep me going.

Well done - keep going!

• Like 1

You just reacted to my post to quickly - get back to work and get it finished and done with! 🤣😊

• Haha 1

I relate to 'I am so not an afternoon person' but that said - keep going young Froglet you know it makes sense!

On 09/04/2022 at 15:38, sunnyday said:

I relate to 'I am so not an afternoon person' but that said - keep going young Froglet you know it makes sense!

The science planning/took way longer than I’d intended. Am taking a short break (need to rest my eyes from the screen) before tackling RE and SEND.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2022 at 16:12, Froglet said:

The science planning/took way longer than I’d intended. Am taking a short break (need to rest my eyes from the screen) before tackling RE and SEND.

Yay! Go young Froglet! You can do it!

• Like 1

Ok, well the short break turned into a 45 minute nap and then eating tea! I’m just going to do the dishes and then get on with things again - I have 3 jobs that must be done today. Then there are 10 for tomorrow although most of those are less ‘thinky’ and in many cases already started.

• Like 1

Well k hope there are pictures of those on the Our Own Makes thread, or whatever it was called.  I shall go for a hunt! 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 09:43, Cait said:

Well k hope there are pictures of those on the Our Own Makes thread, or whatever it was called.  I shall go for a hunt! 

The socks or the brownies?  I'm afraid not - the socks are on my feet, will take a photo now.  The brownies are in my tummy I'm afraid!  Myself, the head and deputy at school and the SBM were all in school working all day on Tuesday and Wednesday so I decided to make us a nice lunch as a reward - sticky onion and cheddar tart, lemon and garlic potato salad, tomatoes, cucumber and the brownies (which also helped us keep going through the day).  They were good - I will definitely make again if only because I have half a jar of seedless raspberry jam to use up!

I didn't quite get what I wanted to done last night - my brain just wouldn't so I'm up and on it again today.  I am just popping to Tesco though so that I can eat delicious food next week! (Roast chicken soup and cheese scones for lunch which obviously necessitates roast chicken with hasselback potatoes today doesn't it?!)

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 12:36, sunnyday said:

The garden Easter egg hunt was a huge success! 

Lovely to get to spend some time with the two littlest grandchildren - one happy nana here!

Brilliant! I have loved the Easter egg hunts for my niblings that I’ve been able to join!

• Like 1

Well, at 11am today I went to Tesco to do much needed food shopping.  I arrived, checked my bag and no purse.  Cue an hour and a half of searching and ringing the last places I'd been with increasing stress levels.  Eventually found it behind the dining room door where it must have flipped out of my bag as I picked it up as I never put my bag there.  That threw everything off for the rest of the day consequently I haven't finished the TDL.  However, I have remembered that I go back on Tuesday 19th but the Monday will feel like part of a working week so I'm going to work then and no more today or for the rest of the week.  I've just had a lovely tea and have started a new pair of socks - with a different stitch pattern this time.  They're called 'Hermione's everyday socks'!

Thank you all for keeping me going the last couple of days - I have got so much done which I wouldn't have without you.  Now for a week of playing - lots of crafting and Easter decorating just because I can and I want to try and make macarons as I've never made them!

• Like 3

On 10/04/2022 at 10:19, Froglet said:

so I decided to make us a nice lunch as a reward - sticky onion and cheddar tart, lemon and garlic potato salad, tomatoes, cucumber and the brownies (which also helped us keep going through the day). 

Oh wow I wished I worked with you, it all sounds delicious. What lucky colleagues you have!

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 18:13, Froglet said:

Well, at 11am today I went to Tesco to do much needed food shopping.  I arrived, checked my bag and no purse.  Cue an hour and a half of searching and ringing the last places I'd been with increasing stress levels.  Eventually found it behind the dining room door where it must have flipped out of my bag as I picked it up as I never put my bag there.  That threw everything off for the rest of the day consequently I haven't finished the TDL.  However, I have remembered that I go back on Tuesday 19th but the Monday will feel like part of a working week so I'm going to work then and no more today or for the rest of the week.  I've just had a lovely tea and have started a new pair of socks - with a different stitch pattern this time.  They're called 'Hermione's everyday socks'!

Thank you all for keeping me going the last couple of days - I have got so much done which I wouldn't have without you.  Now for a week of playing - lots of crafting and Easter decorating just because I can and I want to try and make macarons as I've never made them!

you need to be on bake off  !  ❤️

• Like 2

On 11/04/2022 at 17:40, finleysmaid said:

you need to be on bake off  !  ❤️

I used to think about having a go when it was first on but it now seems to be so much more about how things look and I’m not good at pretty! Plus I suspect I wouldn’t be a good candidate for camera - I think I’d sit on a stool, with ear plugs in, looking grumpy and refusing to talk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/04/2022 at 18:02, Froglet said:

I used to think about having a go when it was first on but it now seems to be so much more about how things look and I’m not good at pretty! Plus I suspect I wouldn’t be a good candidate for camera - I think I’d sit on a stool, with ear plugs in, looking grumpy and refusing to talk!

I know what you mean, I thought about the sewing bee 🤣

(on that subject I actually went our to a real shop today and bought a new sewing machine 😮... and I went to Tesco's! -first time in over two years!!!)

• Like 2