Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 18/02/2022 at 08:45, zigzag said:

Well we were actually due to drive to Kent today! Have made the decision to postpone until tomorrow. It’s really starting to build here now and now that the southeast also have a red warning in place it just wasn’t worth the risk. Stay safe everyone.

Oh my actual goodness - you have made the right decision - it's a 'tad breezy' here in Kent 

Happy Friday all

• Like 2

On 18/02/2022 at 10:52, Froglet said:

It’s actually ok in the midlands at the moment - just a bit blustery but it is freezing - the fire is on, I have just filled a hot bottle for my feet and any second now will be wrapping myself in a blanket!

Although blowing an absolute hoolie it is really mild here

We have lost a fence panel - no surprise and nothing in the grand scheme of things

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 12:31, louby loo said:

We have next doors tree in our garden - and a tree the other side is down and leaning on the power line... luckily not to our house though.

We've had our half term this week so not having to think about closures.

Hope everyone's ok.

Crikey louby!

I cannot believe that we still have power - sure it won't be long 🤦‍♀️😂

It’s starting to clam down here now. Thankfully we have got away with no damage! I did fear for my greenhouse at one point this morning! Thankfully we are on the south coast of Cornwall and not the North!  Also grateful that my son has been spared (so far) any Coastguard call outs.  Fingers crossed we get to Kent tomorrow!

• Like 2

On 18/02/2022 at 13:51, zigzag said:

It’s starting to clam down here now. Thankfully we have got away with no damage! I did fear for my greenhouse at one point this morning! Thankfully we are on the south coast of Cornwall and not the North!  Also grateful that my son has been spared (so far) any Coastguard call outs.  Fingers crossed we get to Kent tomorrow!

That is such good news zigzag

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 13:51, zigzag said:

Hope you mange to get away tomorrow. 

Well that was a real 'Funky Friday' 😂

Have assessed damage this morning:

3 x fence panels - fixable - fingers crossed

Guttering - low level - already fixed

Burglar Alarm box - hasn't worked for years - needed taking down - so thank you Eunice

Tree in front garden has 'snapped' and is resting on our neighbours garage roof - tree surgeon contacted - any damage to tiles we won't know about until it is moved

Greenhouse - a panel has broken - not too big a deal hopefully Mr S might be able to fix - at least it didn't take off 🤣

Honestly, none of the above matters in the slightest, family are all safe and our houses are undamaged - so it's a big sigh of relief for me

Hope everyone else is okay?

• Like 2

Glad to hear you’re ok. My brother-in-law (a tree surgeon) was getting lots of calls yesterday!

I’ve had a productive morning doing some decluttering in my dining room and putting some new storage in my downstairs toilet/utility room which has made a huge difference to how organised and tidy it looks. It’s very therapeutic! I have discovered though that I have to go food shopping as there is nothing at all sensible to eat in the house. I’m debating doing that, tidying the mess that results from the decluttering and crafting for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

We are unscathed from Eunice - sons different matter 5 fence panels down for one and no power since yesterday morning for the other, I expect they are walking about in their thermals and ski suits🤣  Power due to be reconnected between now and 4.30., if not I may have a few lodgers over night.

We faired ok, just next doors tree in our garden- well leaning on our shed, but easy rectified. 

Andy helped the neighbour the other side with his fallen tree.

I do seem to have lost a 3ft x 5th vinyl panel thingy that I was going to cut to fit our garden bench.... the strange bit is it was there are 6pm by which time the worst of the storm had passed- I remember thing wow that hasn't moved at all!! 🤣

An acquaintance at the other end of the village had a tree fall on his classic American car 😳

On 19/02/2022 at 15:34, Panders said:

We are unscathed from Eunice - sons different matter 5 fence panels down for one and no power since yesterday morning for the other, I expect they are walking about in their thermals and ski suits🤣  Power due to be reconnected between now and 4.30., if not I may have a few lodgers over night.

No power is so difficult - I was all prepared yesterday, but was so happy and very surprised that we didn't lose ours, it was off for a short time this morning, repairs I suppose

My poor bro - apparently and unsurprisingly it was 'spinning' at such a rate of knots that it sort of exploded - it had ten sails - he has only found one🤦‍♀️😂 he plans to rebuild and he can see the funny side

In other news - my poor DIL is still testing positive on day seven - to say she is fed up is an understatement...

On 20/02/2022 at 09:22, sunnyday said:

My poor bro - apparently and unsurprisingly it was 'spinning' at such a rate of knots that it sort of exploded - it had ten sails - he has only found one🤦‍♀️😂 he plans to rebuild and he can see the funny side

In other news - my poor DIL is still testing positive on day seven - to say she is fed up is an understatement...

I need to see a photo of this windmill!

How is DIL feeling in herself though?  My staff member kept testing positive until day 10, as did her son. (they both stopped testing on day 10 and just one with life as normal) 

On 20/02/2022 at 10:59, louby loo said:

I need to see a photo of this windmill!

How is DIL feeling in herself though?  My staff member kept testing positive until day 10, as did her son. (they both stopped testing on day 10 and just one with life as normal) 

He said "if you did Whatsapp (sp?) I would send you a photo", but I don't so, he can't 🤷‍♀️😂 It wasn't big, but ever so good, he is mad for the 'green' life - he is also a bit of a 'tight-wad' so the more electricity he can generate the better...

DIL is feeling okay, thank goodness, I suggested on day one that she contact GP and ask for anti-virals, I felt sure that these would be given as she is Type 1 diabetic, I also said I would go and pick them up for her, she wishes that she had done so now.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 12:34, Cait said:

Oh dear - I hope she picks up properly soon.

I hear the Queen has tested positive with mild, cold-like symptoms and intends to continue with her light duties this week! 😳😳

Oh my actual goodness I didn't know that, poor HM...