Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

14 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Another Friday and another train ride for me 😂  Last week was heritage steam light train which was good, this weeks it's a miniature steam rail. 

Pretty stressful week at work with a parent not happy about mask wearing, making fuss and trying to stir things up 😬

Tis indeed another Friday!

Love the sound of your train rides!

Do not love the sound of your difficult parent - what is wrong with people 🤦‍♀️

Nothing at all exciting to report from here...

Eldest son tested positive on Wednesday, he is not too poorly thank goodness, he has what he describes as a 'savage headache' and his lost his sense of taste and smell

Mr S and I are continuing to 'keep our heads down' - not overly worried about myself, but Covid would potentially be very serious for him...

Happy weekend all x

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All of our little ones are back after the tonsillitis that was doing the rounds, nice to have them all back. Parent who was being difficult about her child not being able to come to school until the siblings have a clear PCR is still not being friendly and not letting the issue go, which is frustrating. Then had the nerve to turn up 15 minutes late the other afternoon with the excuse “oh I fell asleep”🤯🤯

• Like 1

Well we've been on a coach and taken all the children to a Christmas show today....i'm exhausted but they all did really well. So tricky with this group...they are a lot of nervous nellies as are their parents. We really need to do more outings/visits/etc they just need it!! 

• Like 2

I was really - older one has been giving mummy a hard time so we decided they should go to soft play for a mummy and me session - think I got the better end of the deal.   She is a bit of a day sleeper and up at night apparently - I can just about remember the first six weeks as being some goodness awful dream😱

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Well we've been on a coach and taken all the children to a Christmas show today....i'm exhausted but they all did really well. So tricky with this group...they are a lot of nervous nellies as are their parents. We really need to do more outings/visits/etc they just need it!! 

Wow, you are either very brave or mad!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Panders said:

I've spent the day cuddling/feeding and cooing over the newborn🥰

The best kind of day.

8 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Tis indeed another Friday!

Love the sound of your train rides!

Do not love the sound of your difficult parent - what is wrong with people 🤦‍♀️

Nothing at all exciting to report from here...

Eldest son tested positive on Wednesday, he is not too poorly thank goodness, he has what he describes as a 'savage headache' and his lost his sense of taste and smell

Mr S and I are continuing to 'keep our heads down' - not overly worried about myself, but Covid would potentially be very serious for him...

Happy weekend all x

Hope your son remains mild.

Any crafting this week?  My Sister in law has just sent me all the bits to make a wreath - no pressure there then!😳

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

All of our little ones are back after the tonsillitis that was doing the rounds, nice to have them all back. Parent who was being difficult about her child not being able to come to school until the siblings have a clear PCR is still not being friendly and not letting the issue go, which is frustrating. Then had the nerve to turn up 15 minutes late the other afternoon with the excuse “oh I fell asleep”🤯🤯

We can put them in the room together with my anti mask wearer- they can have a good old B***** about us!

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

You are one brave person!  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Wow, you are either very brave or mad!

My thoughts too zigzag…..…great cultural capital FM, ours need the opposite, they need to stay home on the weekends, learn to fill their own time and just play rather than expecting to be entertained every waking moment.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

My thoughts too zigzag…..…great cultural capital FM, ours need the opposite, they need to stay home on the weekends, learn to fill their own time and just play rather than expecting to be entertained every waking moment.

Yes, that's our lot too 😬

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Well fm - I am full of admiration for you

louby - craft class was cancelled this week - should be one on Monday but I think I will give it a miss, infection rates are bonkers again round here...

Well, Andy has just informed me his sister gave him a quick lesson on how to make a wreath when she gave him all the bits today - tomorrow is going to interesting!

• Like 1

well i suspect i am all three ! we had risk assessed carefully and the theatre had been great (it's small!) we were all brought out in groups and socially distanced. We didn't toilet or eat whilst we were there so that made things a bit easier too. It was a 50 minute show and then back. To be honest i reckon they would have been just as happy with the bus trip!!! most of them haven't been on a bus. It's spurred me on to get out there a bit more.....not sure this is sensible  but it's going to take this group years to catch up otherwise😬 It was much quieter than in normal years.

Mouseketeer and Louby i understand that point of view too ..play skills are definitely a problem in our group but also following rules and instructions..this was definitely a trip that instilled that and most managed. I am hoping it has forged some sort of team dynamic....for the staff too!

Report writing this weekend....so i may be on here more than normal #distraction 

• Like 2

Sounds fantastic fm, buses are rare in our area and if you can get one there you can’t get back again for hours and hours, we then have to sort parents collecting from wherever we get to and make sure they can then do the sibling school run …it turns into a big headache and how you managed 50 minutes with no one wanting the toilet is a miracle, we aren’t great at getting out and about at the best of times and have used Covid as an excuse not to so hat’s off to you 👍 staff (well one in particular) will find every reason it can’t be done) 

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Sounds fantastic fm, buses are rare in our area and if you can get one there you can’t get back again for hours and hours, we then have to sort parents collecting from wherever we get to and make sure they can then do the sibling school run …it turns into a big headache and how you managed 50 minutes with no one wanting the toilet is a miracle, we aren’t great at getting out and about at the best of times and have used Covid as an excuse not to so hat’s off to you 👍 staff (well one in particular) will find every reason it can’t be done) 

We hired a coach! buses are pretty rare even round here...! the cost for the whole trip per person was a bit high so we gave them the choice of three prices they could pay what they could afford....this worked really well and gave those who were struggling the opportunity to opt out of some of the costs. Others paid slightly over so actually all in all i think we have broken even apart from staff seats on the bus. Only had 1 who needed a wee in the middle of the performance! I always have a doubting Thomas on the team but they go with it when they know i have the bit between my teeth!😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

We hired a coach! buses are pretty rare even round here...! the cost for the whole trip per person was a bit high so we gave them the choice of three prices they could pay what they could afford....this worked really well and gave those who were struggling the opportunity to opt out of some of the costs. Others paid slightly over so actually all in all i think we have broken even apart from staff seats on the bus. Only had 1 who needed a wee in the middle of the performance! I always have a doubting Thomas on the team but they go with it when they know i have the bit between my teeth!😉

Full of admiration fm, think you did brilliantly!

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Ah that means so much,  you know? Tricky as a manager always thinking of others never get praise for ourselves!❤️

I second what sunnyday said.

You have actually made me think we could try harder.  'm  now thinking about some kind of bus trip for ours. We have a good bunch of parents that spilt walking and driving. Having thought about it we only have  one child that uses the bus as main transport, and at a guess I would think that not many of ours have even been on a bus!

• Like 2

Hello all,

We started our fundraising/festive celebrations at school this week with a North Pole Day and. Trip to the local church for their Christmas tree festival. The challenges of both children and workload have been high this week but my new head has been lovely and supportive and practically so. I was going to get going on the schoolwork this morning amd did spend an hour on my emails but then a friend who I haven’t spoken to in almost a year called and we had a very, very long chat which was lovely. This afternoon I fell asleep in front of the fire. It’s now just gone 4pm and I don’t know whether to write today off in terms of work and just be cosy (it’s a grey, grim day here) or whether to try and push through the TDL in order to have a school free day tomorrow. I have a feeling that my body might make the decision for me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I second what sunnyday said.

You have actually made me think we could try harder.  'm  now thinking about some kind of bus trip for ours. We have a good bunch of parents that spilt walking and driving. Having thought about it we only have  one child that uses the bus as main transport, and at a guess I would think that not many of ours have even been on a bus!

I don't think that my 'littlest' grandson has ever been on a bus - perhaps I'll take him somewhere in the New Year - mind you it would take some planning, we have very few buses here 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I don't think that my 'littlest' grandson has ever been on a bus - perhaps I'll take him somewhere in the New Year - mind you it would take some planning, we have very few buses here 😂

It is interesting to see what experiences they do or don't have.  I had a Santa's sorting office room as part of our North Pole day and one of the activities in it was a 'stamp design' table - several clearly didn't know what one was!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It is interesting to see what experiences they do or don't have.  I had a Santa's sorting office room as part of our North Pole day and one of the activities in it was a 'stamp design' table - several clearly didn't know what one was!

I can remember, not too long ago, going through some photos with my eldest two granddaughters - negatives blew their minds! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Panders said:

Yes she did really well as did Rhys - they split my vote this week.    Time for Dan methinks

Poor Dan, I do like him but I think you are probably correct, but to be absolutely fair he didn't make mistakes whereas J and J and AJ and Kai certainly did!

Wasn't the opening group dance wonderful...

Agreed - and merely for that fact alone he should stay in.  I suppose thinking forward to final - would I look forward to seeing him in it, does his dancing excite, or make me look forward to it - not really if I'm honest, I'm in awe that he dances well and competently but he's rarely thrilling to watch😉.   I have been very supportive of him during the voting up until last night.  I actually heard myself saying the same as Anton - "hands Dan, hands"   why  having drawn out attention to the fact he was going to keep his left hand fingers closed, did he splay them across Nadiya's back, very odd, I know there's a lot to think about, but I didn't think he'd forget that, he disappointed me.

• Like 2

I thought Rhys was amazing this week. Didn’t like Johns dance this week or Ajs. I just think Dan is a real inspiration for all us non dancers! He’s shown real progress and determination and most of all enjoyment. And I think Rose is extraordinary.

• Like 2