Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

This certainly has brought out the worst in some families. :(

We had one child, mum phones and say the child will be in, however - she will be collecting her for a short while as she's been a 'bit off' and she'd managed to get a Drs appointment.....  but the child is desperate to come in! We said Dr's first!!

The child didn't return for 2 weeks, mum just rung and said she's keeping her off until she's better! I have my suspicions !!!!!!

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, louby loo said:

This certainly has brought out the worst in some families. :(

We had one child, mum phones and say the child will be in, however - she will be collecting her for a short while as she's been a 'bit off' and she'd managed to get a Drs appointment.....  but the child is desperate to come in! We said Dr's first!!

The child didn't return for 2 weeks, mum just rung and said she's keeping her off until she's better! I have my suspicions !!!!!!

🤦‍♀️ honestly, some people

• Sad 1

Tis Friday again!

I have felt so sad reading about the hard time that some of my forum friends are having, I do hope that you can all have a restful weekend x keep away from TDLs, it can all wait...

All okay here - Mr S had his booster last Friday with not too many side effects, just a bit more 'puffy' and a headache the following day. I have mine scheduled for next Tuesday, I honestly cannot wait to get my immunity back up again 

Craft class was okay - painted and decorated the salt-dough wreath effort, this week we are making door wreaths and I am really looking forward to that

I have had a very busy week in the garden which is great, weather has been just beautiful here. In addition to this I have, for my sins, joined the volunteer team to clean the Church (well I say team, there only 3 of us, is that a team?🤷‍♀️) anyway, that was a long, dusty, but quite pleasurable job this week!

As I said above, I am hoping everyone has a good weekend x

• Like 1

Glad the craft class was bearable today,  I really want to do make wreath now!  I did an interesting door hanging many years ago using a wire coat hanger which was rather nice, we also made garlands too.

I had my booster on Monday, very interesting side effects for me. 😳 I woke up at 3.30 with a very quick night sweat over in less than 30 seconds- then I was wide awake in an hyper-active way! this continued all through Tuesday .... that said I got the whole of Christmas sorted at work 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I had my booster on Monday, very interesting side effects for me. 😳 I woke up at 3.30 with a very quick night sweat over in less than 30 seconds- then I was wide awake in an hyper-active way! this continued all through Tuesday .... that said I got the whole of Christmas sorted at work 🤣🤣

How very odd - pleased that you were able to make good use of the hyperactivity 😂

Well, I had intended to do my usual TDL on Saturday and rest on Sunday but I had some home jobs that had to be done this morning so that threw me off and now I’m nearly falling asleep so I might have a change of plan. I’d love to forget the TDL altogether but that’s not possible at the moment. Lots of crafting to do though and a large parcel of beautiful yarn arrived yesterday…

• Like 1

So quick update, the committee voted to ask children with families with Covid in the household to stay at home whilst we are a staff member down and whilst local cases are so high. Our little bit of Cornwall known as the lizard peninsular has more than doubled its cases in a week, putting it amongst the highest level of cases in the uk.  All of our parents have been really supportive of this except the Mum who brought her child in last week when her two siblings are positive. I received two Nasty emails from her on Friday evening which were really upsetting.  I find it incredibly frustrating that she has so little comprehension of the worry that she caused us last week and actually just doesn't seem to care at all. 

• Sad 2

I am so pleased Committee have seen the sense of their actions.   This parent obviously has issues of her own and any nonsense she has spouted must not be allowed to upset you, she probably can't believe she has to look after her 3 children again while they are, perhaps, feeling quite well so causing her problems.  

Make sure you report her nasty e mails to the Committee and let them know just what kind of abuse some parents feel it is ok to  dish out to someone who has the best interests of all at heart.

Have a good day zigzag and take care.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zigzag said:

. I received two Nasty emails from her on Friday evening which were really upsetting.  I find it incredibly frustrating that she has so little comprehension of the worry that she caused us last week and actually just doesn't seem to care at all. 

Print them of and keep them in the child's file.

Glad the committee are behind you on this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zigzag said:

So quick update, the committee voted to ask children with families with Covid in the household to stay at home whilst we are a staff member down and whilst local cases are so high. Our little bit of Cornwall known as the lizard peninsular has more than doubled its cases in a week, putting it amongst the highest level of cases in the uk.  All of our parents have been really supportive of this except the Mum who brought her child in last week when her two siblings are positive. I received two Nasty emails from her on Friday evening which were really upsetting.  I find it incredibly frustrating that she has so little comprehension of the worry that she caused us last week and actually just doesn't seem to care at all. 

So very pleased to hear that your Committee have shown good sense

I am so sorry that your cases are so high, it is horrible for you and I really hope things improve soon

The mum sending those emails is the one with the problem, I honestly don't know how some people live with themselves...I agree with others, do print those off, I would want those as 'evidence'

Sending you another huge hug x

• Like 1

Well hello and good morning, tis Friday again

How is everyone?

Not much news from here, I had my Covid booster on Tuesday, it was Moderna, which I'm sure is fine, but I was a bit taken aback as everyone else that I know has had Pfizer, telling myself to just be very grateful that I have had anything at all, anyway very few side effects just felt a bit tired and cold, I had been hoping that I would get a burst of hyperactivity like louby but no such luck 😂

Oh the wreath making was great, not enough time though so I still have to finish it

Hope the weekend is kind to all - do try not to get 'blown away' and/or 'snowed in' x

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Only tW full weeks left! Can't believe it!😂

I'm off for festive train ride this evening- Steam train with lights.

I glad the wreath making was a success,  I'm really wanting to make a door wreath now.

Happy weekend everyone. :) 

Crikey two weeks - that's excellent

Train ride sounds lovely

You can buy a 'ring' for the base for a wreath from Amazon...'pack it round' with hay and then away you go adding your greenery and whatever else you fancy

Got my oldest granddaughters tomorrow morning, we are going to make christmas pudding pom poms, would like to offer them other things such as animals but don't have enough colours - I should send them off to see Froglet😍.     Maybe some snow balls so they can have a "fight" - but I fear ornaments may fly!  a snowman or two maybe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Panders said:

Got my oldest granddaughters tomorrow morning, we are going to make christmas pudding pom poms, would like to offer them other things such as animals but don't have enough colours - I should send them off to see Froglet😍.     Maybe some snow balls so they can have a "fight" - but I fear ornaments may fly!  a snowman or two maybe.

They’d be very welcome! 
Friday was a very tough day at school so yesterday I took the day off and happily spent it packing my advent boxes. There are the usual sweet treats in there plus a kit to make snowmen from balloons and one to make marshmallow snowmen. There are charades, a Christmas scavenger hunt, a quiz, some Christmas anagrams and a story written by me! I also spent time crocheting bodies for some robins that I want to give as gifts.

Today I have the planning to do and must read an epic amount of governor papers in preparation for this week’s meeting. I’m still in pjs but am going to make myself get moving soon and hopefully do that by lunchtime then I can do some exciting cleaning and more crafting this afternoon!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I also spent time crocheting bodies for some robins that I want to give as gifts.

When I read bodies, it put me in mind of the story Little Robin Red Vest, a favourite at pre-school - then I realised you actually meant making the robins - forgive me it's still early on Sunday for me.  Have a couple of jobs before the littlies arrive this morning.    Have a good day Froglet

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Panders said:

When I read bodies, it put me in mind of the story Little Robin Red Vest, a favourite at pre-school - then I realised you actually meant making the robins - forgive me it's still early on Sunday for me.  Have a couple of jobs before the littlies arrive this morning.    Have a good day Froglet

😂 I do crochet bodies as well! 😉

image.jpg

• Haha 1

Another Friday and another train ride for me 😂  Last week was heritage steam light train which was good, this weeks it's a miniature steam rail. 

Pretty stressful week at work with a parent not happy about mask wearing, making fuss and trying to stir things up 😬

• Like 3