Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 15/10/2021 at 20:15, Cait said:

We did it a few years ago.  It was fabulous and looked incredible.  Unfortunately, someone threw them all in the dustbin when they were taken down - well over 2500 poppies.    I was devastated when I found out.  Never found out if it was accidental or deliberate. 

AD62A06E-20CB-4608-8623-E6DBBCF1E821.jpeg

C664017A-491B-40A7-8161-09629F2B0B7E.jpeg

228D90D0-7F58-446D-9431-2A95E778E4F2.jpeg

F1953C97-0F9C-4EC2-B793-2606C2967A0D.jpeg

absolutely stunning!

Why is it that when I’ve set myself the goal of doing work on the school TDL in the mornings and doing really well with it too a patch of blue sky and sunshine appears mid morning. I resist, telling myself that I will go outside and enjoy after lunch, only to look up at lunchtime to discover that not only has the sun gone in and the blue sky disappeared but that it’s actually raining!

Ah well, at least it justifies the leek and potato soup and cheese scones I’m eating and my planned afternoon of cosy knitting with either Miss Marple or Mr Darcy!

Sounds like a brilliant afternoon to me Froglet.    I will be watching an old film on Channel 4,  Film4, starting at 2.55 called This Happy Breed.   One of my favs.   So many lovely old actors in it.   It about a family set between 1st and 2nd wars.

Re the weather, it is, I'm afraid to say Carpe Diem!     Ten minutes ago here, it was like monsoon season, now its bright and sunny, must be one of those days.    

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Why is it that when I’ve set myself the goal of doing work on the school TDL in the mornings and doing really well with it too a patch of blue sky and sunshine appears mid morning. I resist, telling myself that I will go outside and enjoy after lunch, only to look up at lunchtime to discover that not only has the sun gone in and the blue sky disappeared but that it’s actually raining!

Ah well, at least it justifies the leek and potato soup and cheese scones I’m eating and my planned afternoon of cosy knitting with either Miss Marple or Mr Darcy!

Hmmm I would choose Mr Darcey - like the idea of 'cosy knitting with Mr Darcey'

32 minutes ago, Panders said:

Sounds like a brilliant afternoon to me Froglet.    I will be watching an old film on Channel 4,  Film4, starting at 2.55 called This Happy Breed.   One of my favs.   So many lovely old actors in it.   It about a family set between 1st and 2nd wars.

Re the weather, it is, I'm afraid to say Carpe Diem!     Ten minutes ago here, it was like monsoon season, now its bright and sunny, must be one of those days.    

Oh I don't think I have ever seen that film might have to have a look at that

The weather has prompted much swearing here - put out two loads of washing as it was bright and blowy, when up to the polytunnel to harvest tomatoes and peppers, thought i would have walk round the field whilst I was up there, reached the top of the field when it started lashing down grrr, by the time I got back down to the washing line it was just too late to bring it back in

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hmmm I would choose Mr Darcey - like the idea of 'cosy knitting with Mr Darcey'

Oh I don't think I have ever seen that film might have to have a look at that

The weather has prompted much swearing here - put out two loads of washing as it was bright and blowy, when up to the polytunnel to harvest tomatoes and peppers, thought i would have walk round the field whilst I was up there, reached the top of the field when it started lashing down grrr, by the time I got back down to the washing line it was just too late to bring it back in

I fear that Mr Darcy may be more of a distraction - he’s never struck me as a knitter but maybe he has hidden depths! Sorry about your washing - did you startle any passing wildlife with your swearing?!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I fear that Mr Darcy may be more of a distraction - he’s never struck me as a knitter but maybe he has hidden depths! Sorry about your washing - did you startle any passing wildlife with your swearing?!

I am completely, absolutely sure that Mr Darcy has hidden depths...

No wildlife startled (just Mr S) 😂

• Haha 2

This morning I have come across my old school reports😂

Primary all good and I remember all of those teachers with great fondness...

Secondary school, 1st year report, I can't believe the gradings - not mine I got mainly B, 1 A for RE 🤷‍♀️ and a C for speech - I had a stammer which only developed when I moved schools overcame that a couple of years later, although even now I find that I sometimes have to change a word that I had intended to use because I fear I won't be able to 'get it out'

Anyway the point I was going to make is that the gradings are:

A - very good

B - good

C - average

D - weak

E - disgraceful

Wow - disgraceful - a bit harsh there 🤣

• Haha 3

Another Friday has landed - start of half-term for some - yay!

Hope everyone is okay

Nothing much to report from here - apart from we are going for Sunday lunch at youngest son's house on Sunday - whoop - eldest granddaughter is home from Uni for the weekend so it will be really lovely to see her

• Like 2

Aha - thanks for enlightenment Sunnyday - I was wondering if it was some kind of special pass to allow you to cross  the border into Kent! 😉

I am thrilled it’s Friday - have had a lovely, restorative week and am feeling much more human than I did a week ago. I have just switched my laptop off until the 1st November and it feels good that I’ve caught up on lots of things - not everything on the TDL but I’ve done 22 1/2 hours work this week which isn’t bad for a holiday week!

This afternoon I’m going to take my bag of marked books back to school and attempt to clean the dining room (I might just knit and eat chocolate) and then go to mum and dad’s for tea.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, zigzag said:

All I can say is “thank crunchie it’s not only Friday  its half term as well”.  I have been feeling a bit at the end of my tether this week, so it’s done at the right time! Happy half term break to those that have it.

Have a good break zigzag x

• Like 1

Not a lot going on here either really except being Halloween’d out this week, cases are worryingly high in the county (500+ per 100k) with lots of classes and a couple of school closures around us, we’ve been sent letters from county about increasing measures again to mitigate an expected increase in cases following half term mixing 🙈

Have a restful half term if you have one and try not to put in too many unpaid hours 🤞

• Like 3

I have an important question - does anyone actually know if ginger cake tastes better after a few days? It’s never lasted that long because I tend to make cake when I want to eat it! I’m seriously contemplating making two cakes at the same time just to test the theory!

48 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I’m seriously contemplating making two cakes at the same time just to test the theory!

Sounds like a good plan!

Well, I slept most of Friday 😳,  had my flu jab this morning.... which could be a good excuse for a nap this afternoon 🤣

Nothing planned for the half-term, Andy's away at his sister's in Devon for most of the week so I may have a mega clear-out while he's gone!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

I have an important question - does anyone actually know if ginger cake tastes better after a few days? It’s never lasted that long because I tend to make cake when I want to eat it! I’m seriously contemplating making two cakes at the same time just to test the theory!

Oh it will be lovely with custard

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

think thats probably best Froglet.   It does make sense the ginger would mature over a couple of days - your findings will need to be assessed and properly adjudicated mind, best let us all decide when the time comes😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Sounds like a good plan!

Well, I slept most of Friday 😳,  had my flu jab this morning.... which could be a good excuse for a nap this afternoon 🤣

Nothing planned for the half-term, Andy's away at his sister's in Devon for most of the week so I may have a mega clear-out while he's gone!!

shh he'll never know😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

think thats probably best Froglet.   It does make sense the ginger would mature over a couple of days - your findings will need to be assessed and properly adjudicated mind, best let us all decide when the time comes😂

Well obvs! 😉😂

Baking experimentation update...

I am going to make a gingerbread (Good Housekeeping recipe), Danish vanilla butter biscuits (just because I saw the recipe when I was looking through my books, haven't made them for years and they are delicious) and on Tuesday will be making an orange and almond cake (family coming to tea).  Cake and biscuits will probably be ready from about 3pm - I need a sit down first as a trip round Tesco has worn me out!  All welcome...

All of the cakes!   Have a vicky sponge made yesterday afternoon, possible visitors - son, partner, granddaughter.   Half the family turned up yesterday, unexpectedly!  But a birthday girl due today.    Yum Danish - are they the piped swirly ones?    More info about gingerbread needed.    is it biscuity or soft

• Like 1