Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Got quite a bit achieved yesterday, finished up at school and have got on top of the paperwork. Just need to come to a decision about what and how we are going to use Tapestry moving forward. Have read so much and so many different viewpoints that my head is spinning. 
Currently waiting for a skip to be delivered as my husband and his brother are taking the next couple of weeks off work and completely renovating our bathroom. So excited, it’s the same awful bathroom that my mother in law had before we bought the house from her and that was 23 years ago! So it’s been a very long time coming. Not looking forward to having to use the outside toilet for the next couple of weeks and popping to my sons house to use his shower, but it will be with it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

Got quite a bit achieved yesterday, finished up at school and have got on top of the paperwork. Just need to come to a decision about what and how we are going to use Tapestry moving forward. Have read so much and so many different viewpoints that my head is spinning. 
Currently waiting for a skip to be delivered as my husband and his brother are taking the next couple of weeks off work and completely renovating our bathroom. So excited, it’s the same awful bathroom that my mother in law had before we bought the house from her and that was 23 years ago! So it’s been a very long time coming. Not looking forward to having to use the outside toilet for the next couple of weeks and popping to my sons house to use his shower, but it will be with it.

Oh a new bathroom how exciting - as you say the upheaval will be worth it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Good morning - it's Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

Visited eldest granddaughter yesterday to say goodbye before she goes back up to Uni on Saturday - she had been stationery shopping (!) I tried all of her pens just to make sure that they were of good quality 🤣 and inspected her stash of notebooks...

seems to me she has caught "Nanna's" obsession and is carrying on the good work

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I'm officially exhausted!!!   The new cupboard is 90% there, we've struggled with the smaller space - but we haven't moaned half as much as the brownies, guides and brownies!  They have done non stop complaining for the last week, I think they'd hyperventilate is they looked in ours!

Technically I could have got away with only working Wednesday with no children in 🤣.  

Hopefully will go back to three days from next week......  ALTHOUGH that said my fantastic deputy's family has been struck down with the virus 😩  Her two teenage boys have tested positive - they have been (happily) banished to their rooms and she just provides them with food.   Theoretically she could come to work as double jabbed and is testing daily etc - but we've all agreed for her to stay at home... luckily we're quiet for a good few weeks! 

• Like 2

My eldest granddaughter, 10 years old - became ill over a weekend, tested positive on the Monday (PCR) and then negative a few days later with an LFT.  No symptoms throughout the rest of her isolation - we are struggling to think where she got it - the younger one didn't get it.  All adults in the house double jabbed.  Unfortunately, this was the last 2 weeks of the summer  holiday which my son had taken off as they had supposed to be going to Cyprus, but that has been postponed for yet another year, but they had planned a few treats for the girls over the staycation.  Can only think it was at one of these venues she picked up enough of the virus to show positive - but the family were all in the same places.

1 hour ago, Panders said:

My eldest granddaughter, 10 years old - became ill over a weekend, tested positive on the Monday (PCR) and then negative a few days later with an LFT.  No symptoms throughout the rest of her isolation - we are struggling to think where she got it - the younger one didn't get it.  All adults in the house double jabbed.  Unfortunately, this was the last 2 weeks of the summer  holiday which my son had taken off as they had supposed to be going to Cyprus, but that has been postponed for yet another year, but they had planned a few treats for the girls over the staycation.  Can only think it was at one of these venues she picked up enough of the virus to show positive - but the family were all in the same places.

Yes it does seem a bit random. My deputy's younger soon is still expected to go to school though! She said she feels like she in a game of 'last man standing' and hopes she doesn't test positive once the two eldest (17/19) are finished isolation!

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Oh my goodness - what a shame that their holiday was cancelled

44 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Yes it does seem a bit random. My deputy's younger soon is still expected to go to school though! She said she feels like she in a game of 'last man standing' and hopes she doesn't test positive once the two eldest (17/19) are finished isolation!

I am finding it all very odd really - youngest two grandchildren have just visited - granddaughter aged 6 told me that they had assembly for years R, 1 and 2 - my daughter-in-law was quick to point out that is allowed now as they are not in 'bubbles' now - well, yes, I get that, but does that make it a good idea...

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh in other news - I have a 'granddog' arriving this evening - whoop! He is the most beautiful chocolate lab and such a good boy

I've got the granddaughter Saturday night,  only her second stay away from mum and dad - I'm hoping she's a good girl too! 🤣 

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my goodness - what a shame that their holiday was cancelled

This is the holiday they had booked to go on last year, and postponed it until this year and then took the view a couple of months ago that it wasn't going to happen because my son wouldn't be able to do the quarantine on return, so they postponed it again until next year!  Every time he has put it forward the airline puts the price of their tickets up!   

Panders - what a nightmare with the holiday, I hope they get to take it next time!

My first 4 days in school went well - really intense INSET days but then a lovely couple of days with my new class.  All seem to have coped well so far!

I was up and at it this morning but am now flagging - the weekend school work may not get done but the laundry and shopping and library trip are!  I'm hoping to do some autumn decorating this weekend but that may depend on whether I am able to get my act together this afternoon!

• Like 3

Well I have finished all the podlets I'm going to do for the moment - the last few turned out just right and I was super pleased with those, now I am awaiting some elephant fabric to make some for youngest granddaughter's new room which has an African animal themed wallpaper - and we are prepping for her christening tomorrow😍.  She hasn't  been too well for the last week or so, a croupy cough and an infection called RSV - we are hoping she will make it through the ceremony without coughing the place down!    But just a lovely day for everyone who knows her and have shared her parents' highs and lows as well as hers will be enough for me.

Hope the baby sitting goes well Louby loo - and you get some sleep, its strange to go back to that "one ear" aware sleep again after many years.    

Granddog is well used to Nanna's house now so he should settle well and enjoy his walks.

and Froglet, hang the schoolwork - do what makes you feel good 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Personally I'd announce from the roof tops!     Don't get me wrong I don't put decs up in November - but I LOVE planning for a family celebrations etc. 

😊 My 9 year old niece told me the other day that when she grew up she wanted to be “A garden designer and Christmas” because she loves planning it so much. She cannot understand lights in November though… “Don’t they know it’s bad luck Aunty Frogelt?!”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

😊 My 9 year old niece told me the other day that when she grew up she wanted to be “A garden designer and Christmas” because she loves planning it so much. She cannot understand lights in November though… “Don’t they know it’s bad luck Aunty Frogelt?!”

A girl after my own heart!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well I had a lovely weekend with our granddaughter and she was a little angel, slept through the night and woke up happy 😁

Back at work now feels like we have been off!    Remind me..... how long until the end of term 😂

I feel exactly the same - like I have never been away and can't believe it is seven weeks (less today) until half term !!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well I had a lovely weekend with our granddaughter and she was a little angel, slept through the night and woke up happy 😁

Back at work now feels like we have been off!    Remind me..... how long until the end of term 😂

54 minutes ago, blondie said:

I feel exactly the same - like I have never been away and can't believe it is seven weeks (less today) until half term !!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣

Did you have lots of 'newbies'?