Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Ooooh has Andy been told that he will get a Covid booster at the same time?

Yes, but I'm not sure to be honest as when listening to the news it seems that they  haven't fully decided yet?   I'm wondering if it's actually the  pneumonia one- but he's go over excited and assumed it's the covid one? 😂

• Like 1

Just had a trip to a garden centre - went armed with 4 gift cards that have been knocking about in a drawer for ages, had no idea what if anything was left on them, turned out I had something just over £11.00 - very pleased with that, bought some pansies!

(have to watch the pennies now that I am officially an OAP😂)

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Really quite addictive!  Just glad I did whilst home alone.... can't believe the colour of the water! 😲

🤣 I know shocking isn't it!

Every time I do mine I think 'how can this be' we never, ever wear shoes in the house 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

Morning all - last Friday in August - the weeks are flying by...

Are some of you back next week?

Our Primary starts back on Thursday but preschool not until the following Monday

I am so pleased and relieved to be able to say that I am just loving this retirement lark - I hope I don't have a wobble when it's all going on without me...

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

you enjoy that well deserved retirement ...and think of me!!!! setting up tuesday, staff in wednesday children, after school club and new parents evening thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fm

That does sound like hard work - good luck with it all x

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Morning all - last Friday in August - the weeks are flying by...

Are some of you back next week?

Our Primary starts back on Thursday but preschool not until the following Monday

I am so pleased and relieved to be able to say that I am just loving this retirement lark - I hope I don't have a wobble when it's all going on without me...

sure you could open your eyes, think about us all setting up then turn over and shut your eyes again.😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh my days, I'm exhausted ... I've completely gutted and culled the 30+ year old pack-away cupboard!   It's taken 3 days with just myself and one likeminded staff member at total of 32 hours!!!    We're about 80% done!

We were told we were getting a slight bigger space but EVERTHING had to fir inside- but actually it seems we have slightly smaller space to fit everything in 😬 although to be fair it is soooo much easier to access now.   The trouble is I need six weeks of now to recover!    It was all supposed to be done at the beginning of the holiday - but they are still not fully finished with the renovations..... hope they're done by Thursday !!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Oh my days, I'm exhausted ... I've completely gutted and culled the 30+ year old pack-away cupboard!   It's taken 3 days with just myself and one likeminded staff member at total of 32 hours!!!    We're about 80% done!

We were told we were getting a slight bigger space but EVERTHING had to fir inside- but actually it seems we have slightly smaller space to fit everything in 😬 although to be fair it is soooo much easier to access now.   The trouble is I need six weeks of now to recover!    It was all supposed to be done at the beginning of the holiday - but they are still not fully finished with the renovations..... hope they're done by Thursday !!!!!!

Hat off to you louby, I opened the ‘shove stuff in and slam it shut quick’ cupboard and shut the door again 🙈 I go in with an intention, then start phaffing with something else 🤷‍♀️

the dreaded coolmilk email arrived 😢 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sunnyday's milk delivery must be on its way soon then 😉  I cant tell you how long it took me to stop catalogues coming or pamphlets for catalogues coming, regardless of how many times I just used to take them straight down to the postbox having scrawled over the outer jacket that we had shut down, or "unsubscribed" clearly takes a long time for some companies to get the point.

Edited by Panders

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well done louby!

12 hours ago, Panders said:

Sunnyday's milk delivery must be on its way soon then 😉  I cant tell you how long it took me to stop catalogues coming or pamphlets for catalogues coming, regardless of how many times I just used to take them straight down to the postbox having scrawled over the outer jacket that we had shut down, or "unsubscribed" clearly takes a long time for some companies to get the point.

Oh don't!

I am furiously unsubscribing emails

Informed insurance company that I would not need any cover from September (twice actually) and why, they still decided to ring me yesterday 🤷‍♀️

Sure I will get all sorts of catalogues arriving soon...

Looked after youngest grandson yesterday (3) we were talking about his birthday (November) and what sort of birthday cake his mummy would make for him, he doesn't eat cake at all, he really doesn't like it, I asked him why and he said "it's too spicy for me" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, I spent most of yesterday on the beach - paddling, dog walking and watching my two nieces have the best time playing ‘families’ in the sand. The younger one was organising her big cousin who took it in very good part and I thoroughly enjoyed the pots of leek and potato soup and ‘cherry delish’ which were brought to me for testing. As is usually the way I had to be the police, bad guys and random stranger as needed! It was a lovely week. I (just about) survived the driving. Difficult to see mum and dad in some ways as it kind of highlighted the bits of aging that I don’t notice because I see them fairly regularly.

We came back today and after a load of laundry and some food shopping my introverted self has thoroughly enjoyed the peace of ‘me time’! 

I’m back to school on Tuesday and children return on Thursday. Plus new head and SENDCo and the return of some people who’ve been off sick for a long time. Sunnyday, I’m so pleased to hear you’re enjoying yourself. I’d recommend a specific something (coffee out or a garden centre trip) on what would have been your return date to stop you thinking ‘right now they will be…’

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Just back from a pub lunch with my 'old' staff team - we had such a lovely catch up!

That's what I'm looking forward to a nice pub lunch with staff.  We didn't do an end of term in July as we wanted to all steer clear of C for summer hols.

• Like 2

Good morning - it's Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

Visited eldest granddaughter yesterday to say goodbye before she goes back up to Uni on Saturday - she had been stationery shopping (!) I tried all of her pens just to make sure that they were of good quality 🤣 and inspected her stash of notebooks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Good morning - it's Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

Visited eldest granddaughter yesterday to say goodbye before she goes back up to Uni on Saturday - she had been stationery shopping (!) I tried all of her pens just to make sure that they were of good quality 🤣 and inspected her stash of notebooks...

You had to make sure they all worked didn't you?  

Making the most of the last day at home before returning to work next week - cannot believe where those summer holidays have gone !!

• Like 3