Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

9 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Really needed - all done - pleased with the result!

Are they that easy?  I just keep putting it off.  Do you have to move all the furniture, and does it take ages to dry? 

I've borrowed a cheapish Vacs one  (£125 ?) but not sure if I trust it yet!  

Edited by louby loo

33 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Are they that easy?  I just keep putting it off.  Do you have to move all the furniture, and does it take ages to dry? 

I've borrowed a cheapish Vacs one  (£125 ?) but not sure if I trust it yet!  

Mine is a Vax, had it for years, was horribly expensive but I reckoned that if I used it here and at pre-school and Mother-in-law and both daughters-in-law would make use of it then I could justify the expense...MIL has never used it and she really couldn't now at her age and I have thought about offering to run over her carpets with it but I am worried that she will say "why, my carpets are not dirty"

Sometimes I move furniture, but today I just wanted to clean the areas that are in use and get rid of the 'spaniel whiff' 😂

It is very easy to use, but heavy...

Dries in no time at all

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Mine is a Vax, had it for years, was horribly expensive but I reckoned that if I used it here and at pre-school and Mother-in-law and both daughters-in-law would make use of it then I could justify the expense...MIL has never used it and she really couldn't now at her age and I have thought about offering to run over her carpets with it but I am worried that she will say "why, my carpets are not dirty"

Sometimes I move furniture, but today I just wanted to clean the areas that are in use and get rid of the 'spaniel whiff' 😂

It is very easy to use, but heavy...

Dries in no time at all

I shall give it a go then.

My daughter bought this one as they moved to a 'do'er upper' about two weeks before lockdown and eighteen months later things still weren't going to plan and they still had the old carpets.   (if it works well I'm taking it to pre-school this week!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I shall give it a go then.

My daughter bought this one as they moved to a 'do'er upper' about two weeks before lockdown and eighteen months later things still weren't going to plan and they still had the old carpets.   (if it works well I'm taking it to pre-school this week!)

Let me know how you get on!

I need to tackle my stair carpet next - maybe tomorrow, I'm all cleaned out today 🤣

I got one for home and preschool after paying a firm to do the preschool carpets one year.  The vax was the same price as the job had been so it paid for itself very quickly!   It was great to use after ‘accidents’ and so it never made it back to our house.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cait said:

I got one for home and preschool after paying a firm to do the preschool carpets one year.  The vax was the same price as the job had been so it paid for itself very quickly!   It was great to use after ‘accidents’ and so it never made it back to our house.  

My worry is we have very cheap parquet type flooring at work, and I'm worried the damp rugs will lift the flooring 😳

If we had  guaranteed hot weather for a few days I'd bring them home and do them in the garden. 

9 minutes ago, louby loo said:

My worry is we have very cheap parquet type flooring at work, and I'm worried the damp rugs will lift the flooring 😳

If we had  guaranteed hot weather for a few days I'd bring them home and do them in the garden. 

It honestly doesn't get that wet - well at least mine doesn't...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Just one more 'tip' - buy decent shampoo, I buy Vax, have tried cheaper solutions and they are not so good

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Just one more 'tip' - buy decent shampoo, I buy Vax, have tried cheaper solutions and they are not so good

Luckily I been left a big bottle along with the vacs 😁

I thought it was meant to be at least a little bit sunny today - totally grey and gloomy here again. Sun seems to motivate the cleaning in me!

sorry to be boring with a work related question but since the EYA have just told me i have to pay for a new set of updated policies, and bearing in mind they dont' seem to be that good does anyone have any recommendations? ??

(also along the rug front have bought ruggable rugs this year for pre-school....they go in the washing machine!) 

2 hours ago, Panders said:

well me and Mr Panders are off for our pneumococcal vacc being we're so old 😂.  I expect 'flu jab in a few weeks and probably a Covid booster, deep joy

Oh good luck!

We have received text messages from our surgery - we are to present ourselves for our flu jabs 9th October - wonder whether we will get a Covid booster at the same time 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Luckily I been left a big bottle along with the vacs 😁

I thought it was meant to be at least a little bit sunny today - totally grey and gloomy here again. Sun seems to motivate the cleaning in me!

Pretty gloomy here too...

47 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

sorry to be boring with a work related question but since the EYA have just told me i have to pay for a new set of updated policies, and bearing in mind they dont' seem to be that good does anyone have any recommendations? ??

(also along the rug front have bought ruggable rugs this year for pre-school....they go in the washing machine!) 

No idea fm on the policy question sorry

Love the name 'ruggable rugs' 😀

52 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Now I have to google ruggable rugs................... mutter, mutter, mutter, more money spent, mutter, mutter mutter 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

Andy has appointment for flu and booster jab! Early October.

Me being a spring chicken seem to have to book my own 'free'  flu jab as the doctors don't seem to like me 😂 

Ooooh has Andy been told that he will get a Covid booster at the same time?