Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Half term has come just at the right time for me personally. My Mum broke and displaced the bone in her wrist this week. (85 and playing table tennis) this did cause a lot of laughs at A&E! Wednesday was spent waiting in hospital, complete nightmare but my god we are so lucky to have the NHS service.  Mum is a carer for my Dad who is pretty much chair bound so it’s a complete nightmare! Thank goodness for half term which will free me up more to help. The weather finally looks to be improving as well so that is a positive! Have a lovely half term to those that get it!

34 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Half term has come just at the right time for me personally. My Mum broke and displaced the bone in her wrist this week. (85 and playing table tennis) this did cause a lot of laughs at A&E! Wednesday was spent waiting in hospital, complete nightmare but my god we are so lucky to have the NHS service.  Mum is a carer for my Dad who is pretty much chair bound so it’s a complete nightmare! Thank goodness for half term which will free me up more to help. The weather finally looks to be improving as well so that is a positive! Have a lovely half term to those that get it!

Hope your mum mends quickly.   Looks like you'll have a busy half term!

We had a staff inset day today, and it was good to just all catch up on paperwork and be able to laugh and chat for the morning. Every one has been so stressed this term, and I feel all staff are mentally exhausted - I know I am.   It's the constant 'back of the mind' worry about everything going on. 

Scary it only six weeks left when we go back! 🙀     How are you feeling about this sunnyday? - it must be a really strange surreal feeling.  I feel we should all have a retirement party for you!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Oh my actual goodness zigzag. sending lots of good wishes for you and your mum and dad xxx

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Hope your mum mends quickly.   Looks like you'll have a busy half term!

We had a staff inset day today, and it was good to just all catch up on paperwork and be able to laugh and chat for the morning. Every one has been so stressed this term, and I feel all staff are mentally exhausted - I know I am.   It's the constant 'back of the mind' worry about everything going on. 

Scary it only six weeks left when we go back! 🙀     How are you feeling about this sunnyday? - it must be a really strange surreal feeling.  I feel we should all have a retirement party for you!

I'm feeling fine about it louby, but thanks for thinking of me x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

I'm feeling fine about it louby, but thanks for thinking of me x

Good to hear 😊.     But we do still need to plan the party - I'm going to make an 'afternoon tea cake'. I need a good excuse to try making one!😂

• Like 3

Zigzag, I hope your mum recovers quickly.

I am so ready for half term!  Although the TDL for it (including report writing) is fairly lengthy.  I spent yesterday restoring a little order to my kitchen, living room and bedroom and today has just been reading and resting and a trip to Tesco.  I am shattered and had a nap too.  I had grand plans for finishing the cleaning today but I don't think it's going to happen!  Instead I'm investigating the new cherry flavour jaffa cakes - I'm not convinced!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 28/05/2021 at 22:26, Panders said:

Shame we don't have the chat room any more, we could have planned an evening!

Oh that is a shame!  I hope someone locked the door and checked behind the sofa!  Did you pick up your diamanté balaclava, Sunny? It was on top of the table lamp 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cait said:

Oh that is a shame!  I hope someone locked the door and checked behind the sofa!  Did you pick up your diamanté balaclava, Sunny? It was on top of the table lamp 

Thankfully yes I did - phew, that is my second favourite balaclava I would have hated to lose it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone remember the ‘dead’ poinsettia that I had earlier in the year? We I really was going to throw it out but I kept forgetting and this is what has happened! I’m thinking of writing a book titled ‘The neglectful gardener’ as thanks the kind I do best!

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well Froglet - back from the dead I see!    I assume it's getting all that it needs in terms of creature comforts.  I await December!   

Personally I am continuing to torture my orchid - it has just about survived since Mother's Day, but is perilously close to the edge 🐼 

6 hours ago, Panders said:

Well Froglet - back from the dead I see!    I assume it's getting all that it needs in terms of creature comforts.  I await December!   

Personally I am continuing to torture my orchid - it has just about survived since Mother's Day, but is perilously close to the edge 🐼 

Well, I’m ignoring it largely. I’m a fairly shy introvert who doesn’t like lots of noise and fuss - maybe this one is the same!

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Well done young Froglet and I'm so pleased that you completely ignored my advise which was something along the lines of "I would just chuck it" 😂

😂 Well, to be fair I was going to! I don’t think I can claim anything as proactive as ignoring your advice - I just forgot!

• Like 1

The week's flown by (I always feel a bit short changed when bank-holidays fall in the holidays!)

We are overnight babysitting for the first time tonight 🙀.   

Not really done anything all half term. Our cat was very poorly at the weekend and we feared the worst, but she's recovered, and up to mischief again now. 😊

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Good morning all

It's a case of 'oh no it's Friday again' - I don't want the half-term break to end 

Hope everyone is okay

Happy weekend

Your life will soon be full of ‘half term weekend’.  Enjoy the rest of the summer term, my furry friend xxx 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

The week's flown by (I always feel a bit short changed when bank-holidays fall in the holidays!)

Not really done anything all half term. Our cat was very poorly at the weekend and we feared the worst, but she's recovered, and up to mischief again now. 😊

Goodness. They do put us through it!   My naughty madam stole something for the first time, it had to be plain chocolate of course!  We’d thought it was well out of her reach.   The ignominy of having to be made sick by the vet is hopefully something that she’ll remember. Certainly her face after we’d attempted to syringe 15ml activated charcoal into her mouth is something that we won’t forget!  

4779C5FE-09BB-429F-946B-EEBA89D1F114.jpeg

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Oooh good luck with the sleepover - I'm sure it will be just lovely - don't expect to actually sleep though, I am always on some sort of 'alert' when any of ours stay over

So pleased to hear that your little cat is fully recovered

25 minutes ago, Cait said:

Your life will soon be full of ‘half term weekend’.  Enjoy the rest of the summer term, my furry friend xxx 

Hold on - why am I 'furry'?

Legs were shaved last night I'll have you know! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cait hope your dog is on the mend. Must have been very worrying for you. 

I have mixed feelings about going back to school. Happy as the weather seems to have settled at last so at least we can enjoy some lovely summer activities outside and stop putting the flaming waterproofs on! But I have loved being home just pottering and being on hand to help Mum and Dad more.  Finally went for my year overdue smear test yesterday, decided I cou,don’t use lockdown as an excuse anymore and just man up and get it down!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oooh good luck with the sleepover - I'm sure it will be just lovely - don't expect to actually sleep though, I am always on some sort of 'alert' when any of ours stay over

I'll second that!

• Like 1

Happy weekend everyone! I hope that poorly animals recover soon, that sleepover grownups get some rest and that all have a lovely time. I’m off to bed very shortly (trying to work on getting more sleep) and have just got back from mum and dads. I have done all the must do bits of the TDL (I think!) so am planning to enjoy my last school free weekend for two months. Tomorrow is mostly cleaning, Tesco’s, Post office and library but I quite enjoy being domestic. I’m thinking of watching a film tomorrow evening (at home rather than going out) has anyone got any recommendations?

• Like 2

Well I am jiggered - such a busy day in the garden, some planting but mostly weeding - Mr S is being sent out for fish and chips later!

Young Froglet - I was hoping that our little black and white furry friend would come up with a film recommendation for you - hmmm have you seen '3 billboards' that was on last week I wonder if you could get it on catch up...

• Like 1

Who's your favourite Miss M  - personally I'm very old school and love Joan Hickson?   Geraldine McEwan - possibly but don't think Julia McKenzie is right - and don't get me started on Angela Lansbury😉

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Panders said:

Who's your favourite Miss M  - personally I'm very old school and love Joan Hickson?   Geraldine McEwan - possibly but don't think Julia McKenzie is right - and don't get me started on Angela Lansbury😉

Absolutely Joan Hickson! Geraldine McEwan is a great actress but too ‘witchy’ for me. Angela Lansbury is too Jessica Fletcher! I confess to having a Miss Marple box set of DVDs! It could be that or Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows)...

• Like 1