Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

19 minutes ago, Panders said:

I rather expect the shortening of Lavinia is tricky!     Do you think Lettuce, should probably be Lettice and its all in the pronunciation, certainly lettuce as in the salad item is most unappealing😆

I always thought that about Lettuce/tice...... until I came across it in a book spelt lettuce!  I suppose it could be one of those names that's changed over time by interpreting how it's been spelt on birth records etc?

5 hours ago, Panders said:

I rather expect the shortening of Lavinia is tricky!     Do you think Lettuce, should probably be Lettice and its all in the pronunciation, certainly lettuce as in the salad item is most unappealing😆

Yes, it’s Lettice 

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Have just watched this and enjoyed it very much.

Ok, now with two recommendations I am going to make a concerted effort to watch it tomorrow.  I'm trying to have clear 'down-time'. I watched the remake of Rebecca yesterday which I enjoyed more than I though I would.

I was saying at work Friday (whilst looking after 4 children) that I really don't watch very much TV at all. I watch This Is Us, and that's about it really.  I usually have Hallmark type films on in the background for noise if I'm being lazy and working from the sofa. If I'm in my study/office it's radio 4.  I did bing watch the Marvellous Mrs Masiel - but it think that was for the costumes more than anything.  Oh and Little Fires Everywhere - but I've totally forgotten what it was about now 😳

14 hours ago, Panders said:
  • Well this evening I watched The Light Between Two Oceans on BBC iplayer films.    Beautifully filmed, great story, Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander, thoroughly recommend it.

Oooh - I have this recorded - I loved the book

22 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oooh - I have this recorded - I loved the book

I’ve not read it or seen the film, but it looks like one to watch on my iPad when Zebedee is watching one of his ‘interesting wartime documentaries’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cait said:

I’ve not read it or seen the film, but it looks like one to watch on my iPad when Zebedee is watching one of his ‘interesting wartime documentaries’ 

Oh my actual goodness - Mr S loves an 'interesting wartime documentary' too 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

What a pain

More annoying as it does literally  just 'blip' - just enough to turn the virgin box off which then takes about 5mins to reboot and sets you back to main page 😩 Didn't effect the actual power supply thank goodness. Ongoing problems in the area, but I guess we're lucky to have power unlike many others.

7 minutes ago, Panders said:

anyone see the panda on the lunchtime news enjoying the snow  💪

Yes, I just saw them 😁😁

On the subject of lunchtime news, do those of you in Kent ever get the Essex news?   I keep getting the Kent news!

Edited by louby loo

40 minutes ago, louby loo said:

More annoying as it does literally  just 'blip' - just enough to turn the virgin box off which then takes about 5mins to reboot and sets you back to main page 😩 Didn't effect the actual power supply thank goodness. Ongoing problems in the area, but I guess we're lucky to have power unlike many others.

Yes, I just saw them 😁😁

On the subject of lunchtime news, do those of you in Kent ever get the Essex news?   I keep getting the Kent news!

No Essex news here

1 minute ago, Panders said:

On the Beeb "local" it tends to join up with London,.

Have you checked which way your aerial is pointing? or whether you are tuned correctly inside the telebox thingy (see how techie I can be)😆

Argh... I think it's because we have London by default  (which usually covers our area to be honest) 

It's just the odd day we get Kent/south east.    We have no aerial 🙀.... we're stumped if the 'box' goes off!! 😂

On 30/01/2021 at 15:09, Panders said:

I've just finished watching The Dig on Netflix, such a lovely film about Sutton Hoo.  

I watched this this afternoon.   Different, but I enjoyed it, had to laugh though- I've now watched two films within a week 🙀.... and both had the same actor in!  Lily James.

Well I had a phone call today from my LA.  They are very concerned about my well-being 😳

I applied for a well-being grant....... turn's out everyone else asked for spa days for staff, massage chairs for the staff room, fancy coffee machines etc....... I asked for training for mental health,  access to counselling for staff if they needed it, .....I also said I was ready to throw the towel in!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well I had a phone call today from my LA.  They are very concerned about my well-being 😳

I applied for a well-being grant....... turn's out everyone else asked for spa days for staff, massage chairs for the staff room, fancy coffee machines etc....... I asked for training for mental health,  access to counselling for staff if they needed it, .....I also said I was ready to throw the towel in!

Hugs louby xxx