Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well I'm not sure how it is Friday again - but yay it is!

Bit of a mixed week for us - the natives have been restless - decided to change things up a bit this morning to create a different vibe - it worked!

Has everyone had the email that tells us we are going to be sent eleventy-billion items of PPE?

Hope the weekend is kind to all - wouldn't it be lovely to have some plans.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Has everyone had the email that tells us we are going to be sent eleventy-billion items of PPE?

No, and I still haven't been able to get over when our LA gave us all PPE............ 5 masks, aprons and gloves!

I've had a flu jab at last!  Asda £8.  Not been able to get one anywhere until now.

First aid training tomorrow, I'e completed the e-learning bit today.

We're all a bit worn out at work, and the cases locally are increasing daily :(  Touch-wood, we seem to be ok though, although it stresses me the amount of parents that pile into the playground at collection time. (not just all our children- it's a very popular local playground)

Have a good week-end everyone.  :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Nor us, was it from your county? I have just had a text to ask if I was interested in a flu jab...if I reply ‘Yes’, they’ll let me know when they have supplies available 😕 

we’ve made it through another week unscathed, hoping everyone else can say the same, bit of a ‘oh my we best give some serious thought to ‘C’ plans’ moment today 🎄 

46 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I have just had a text to ask if I was interested in a flu jab...if I reply ‘Yes’, they’ll let me know when they have supplies available 😕 

I rung my Drs to ask if I could have one as I'm not that far off from 65 and due to my job - they categorically said no- I even offered to pay for it!

I had one today at 3pm, get in car hear on the news that they are going to offer 50+  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I had one today at 3pm, get in car hear on the news that they are going to offer 50+  🤣

My surgery sent a flu text months ago saying it would be offered to 50+ with a tag line that basically said ‘don’t even bother asking as we don’t have enough’...but I guess they’re expecting too soonish, I’ve never had one before but went ‘yes’

Edited by Mouseketeer

To any "virgin" flu jabbers - consider what side of your body you usually like to sleep on, in case you have a reaction to the jab - it can be quite sore and keep you awake!!!!  This year I had a reaction - first time ever, just a swelling on my upper arm and fairly sensitive for a day or two.    That was the only reaction mind you.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

My surgery sent a flu text months ago saying it would be offered to 50+ with a tag line that basically said ‘don’t even bother asking as we don’t have enough’...but I guess they’re expecting too soonish, I’ve never had one before but went ‘yes’

I've been trying to get one for ages, our fantastic village pharmacist (everyone goes to him rather than the Drs he is so good) gave my husband the 'heads-up' that more vaccines would be arriving very soon and said to try Asda :)  

2 minutes ago, Panders said:

To any "virgin" flu jabbers - consider what side of your body you usually like to sleep on, in case you have a reaction to the jab - it can be quite sore and keep you awake!!!!  This year I had a reaction - first time ever, just a swelling on my upper arm and fairly sensitive for a day or two.    That was the only reaction mind you.

Ive got a thumping headache at the moment, but arm feels fine.... that said I've had a rotator cuff injury and my arms been aching for months anyway!🤣

I am a bit concerned  that I might feel fluey tomorrow at my first aid course - I'm worried that if I look a bit off they might think it's covid and send me home!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh - this thread has been busy!

The PPE thing was in a message from County - as it is being funded and organised by DHSC and DfE I imagined that we would have all had the same message, but obviously not, the rates in parts of Kent are now very, very worrying so perhaps that explains it - right here is a copy and paste job

DHSC and DfE have already delivered PPE packs to all schools and further education providers in Kent to help build resilience across the education sector to respond to suspected cases of coronavirus (COVID-19). KCC will be receiving a quantity of PPE for distribution to registered childcare settings next week (w/c 23 November). We are working with KCS to arrange delivery of a PPE pack to all registered childcare settings in Kent, including childminders.

Each PPE pack will contain:

·         1 x pack of 200 aprons

·         1 x pack of 200 gloves

·         1 x pack of 50 Type IIR masks

·         5 x pairs of goggles

·         1 x alcohol hand rub (provided solely for use in the putting on (donning) and taking off (doffing) of the above emergency PPE).

Please note, this is PPE solely for use when dealing with suspected cases of COVID-19 within your setting and should not be repurposed for any other use. We are advised by DHSC that schools and childcare settings are still required to supply their own PPE for any other purpose.

8 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

You’re really not selling this ladies ....swollen arm, headache, fluey 🤕 🤒 😷 

Mousie - you will be fine!

Keep your arm relaxed I'm sure that makes a difference - I have been having flu jabs for years primarily to protect Mr S, used to pay for them but now I am in my dotage I get them for free 😝  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

No, and I still haven't been able to get over when our LA gave us all PPE............ 5 masks, aprons and gloves!

That's more than we were given - nada from our LA until now

14 hours ago, louby loo said:

First aid training tomorrow, I'e completed the e-learning bit today.

Hope your First Aid goes well louby - my deputy had training booked but cancelled as she was too worried about the Covid situation (£120.00 down the drain but hey ho)

19 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Hope the weekend is kind to all - wouldn't it be lovely to have some plans.......

I have plans!  Well sort of - I'm not much of a going out kind of person anyway but I am trying to make a plan each weekend to do something specific rather than just letting it drift past in a muddle of sleep and school work so... yesterday evening I spent with my bubble buddies (mum and dad) which was lovely - had been a bit concerned about mum as she has just been diagnosed with labyrinthitis but she was ok although a bit worn out looking.  

Today I have planned to make delicious spiced soda bread and lentil soup for my weekend lunch (simmering/baking right now).

Tomorrow I have planned to have my dad help me put my front door curtain back up (hasn't been there for over a year) which will make the front room seem so much cosier.  I have also just had what I think is a lovely advent idea for my family and my front room window so I am planning to work on those.  There is also a cake baking plan for tomorrow - probably lemon as I seem to have loads and there is a definitely crafty plan too although whether it's crochet, socks or something else I don't know!  I plan to write my Sunday note to a friend.

That's about it (the usual food shop, school TDL, cleaning etc are in there too).  Many of the things above are things I would probably have done anyway but it makes me feel more purposeful to say I have a plan for it!

I hope you're all ok, please stay safe - rest and be kind to yourselves as you need to.  Sending you much love.

• Like 1

cor blimey where did that week go. We are currently sorting our 3rd EHCP for this term!!!!! one through and approved ....one at review point ......one in process of getting reports in! what i'm going to do when they all need hours of support each week i have no idea !! but at least they will all be in place for school entry so no wriggling out of supporting them when they get there.

I am now report writing...so expect me on here often, any distractions welcome. James martin currently working as distraction one....then i need to walk the dogs ....and clean the house ....and do the shopping ...and there is a pile of ironing that is beginning to look inviting😱😅

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

I have plans!  Well sort of - I'm not much of a going out kind of person anyway but I am trying to make a plan each weekend to do something specific rather than just letting it drift past in a muddle of sleep and school work so... yesterday evening I spent with my bubble buddies (mum and dad) which was lovely - had been a bit concerned about mum as she has just been diagnosed with labyrinthitis but she was ok although a bit worn out looking.  

Today I have planned to make delicious spiced soda bread and lentil soup for my weekend lunch (simmering/baking right now).

Tomorrow I have planned to have my dad help me put my front door curtain back up (hasn't been there for over a year) which will make the front room seem so much cosier.  I have also just had what I think is a lovely advent idea for my family and my front room window so I am planning to work on those.  There is also a cake baking plan for tomorrow - probably lemon as I seem to have loads and there is a definitely crafty plan too although whether it's crochet, socks or something else I don't know!  I plan to write my Sunday note to a friend.

That's about it (the usual food shop, school TDL, cleaning etc are in there too).  Many of the things above are things I would probably have done anyway but it makes me feel more purposeful to say I have a plan for it!

I hope you're all ok, please stay safe - rest and be kind to yourselves as you need to.  Sending you much love.

All sounds brilliant to me - enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

cor blimey where did that week go. We are currently sorting our 3rd EHCP for this term!!!!! one through and approved ....one at review point ......one in process of getting reports in! what i'm going to do when they all need hours of support each week i have no idea !! but at least they will all be in place for school entry so no wriggling out of supporting them when they get there.

I am now report writing...so expect me on here often, any distractions welcome. James martin currently working as distraction one....then i need to walk the dogs ....and clean the house ....and do the shopping ...and there is a pile of ironing that is beginning to look inviting😱😅

Crikey fm - I am worn out just reading that!

I have been just generally pottering - washing is out on line, it is blowing a hoolie here so that should be good, have half-heartedly looked at printing of Parental Declaration Forms for Spring terms, I must make my next job contacting parents of 'newbies' that are due to start January.......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

I’ve just booked ours for February, doing face to face, couldn’t face the thought of a zoom one!  Sunnyday £120 is extortionate, ours is £80!  
Hope you are feeling better today Mouseketeer. Xx

How bizarre I typed a reply and it just disappeared 🤷‍♀️

Anyway - what I was saying was - I have exaggerated that cost it was actually £108.00 🤣

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I have just had an unplanned but much needed and very enjoyable nap! 😉

Lovely! I do enjoy a nap - planned or otherwise

I have emailed newbie parents so that's good, wat's not so good is that my printer is throwing one of its hissy fits - have tried the 'troubleshooter' which insists that the printer is 'offline' - going to turn it all of now and worry about it another day!

P.S. what not wat

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

Turning it all off might just be what it needs Sunnyday - even most IT people say "have you tried turning it off and on again?"😆

Mine quite often says its offline, but kicks into gear after a bit, very odd.   I would say check that model number is correct for your wifi (I don't really know what I'm talking about) but sometimes mine appeared to have the ability to de-register itself in the settings😆

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks zigzig though I’m not unwell .....it just sounds like I might be if I ever get the flu jab 😜

🤭Just read the posts back and it’s obvious you are not unwell! It’s just me being stupid! Anyway glad you are well, stay that way! Xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1