About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

14 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Crumbs you’ve been busy and put me to shame  😱 

hoping you’re granddaughter is ok 

Thanks Mousie!

Have just had a text from her - she is and I quote 'still feeling rough, but result was negative'

Phew! I hadn't realised that I was wearing my shoulders up by my ears until I physically relaxed 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Thanks Mousie!

Have just had a text from her - she is and I quote 'still feeling rough, but result was negative'

Phew! I hadn't realised that I was wearing my shoulders up by my ears until I physically relaxed 🙂

Glad the result was negative xx

• Thanks 1

Sunnyday I am now feeling guilty at how much you have got done today! I’m struggling with planning. Nothing is straightforward at the moment plus now we have to do remote learning plans. I have a couple of governor meetings to prep for too, Children in Need and SEN reviews. I usually try to keep Sunday work free but I think I I’m going to give up on that plan tonight - am just tired right now!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Sunnyday I am now feeling guilty at how much you have got done today! I’m struggling with planning. Nothing is straightforward at the moment plus now we have to do remote learning plans. I have a couple of governor meetings to prep for too, Children in Need and SEN reviews. I usually try to keep Sunday work free but I think I I’m going to give up on that plan tonight - am just tired right now!

Oh poor you - that is some TDL you have there

Definitely stop now - are you going to watch Strictly, I can't quite remember if you are a fan or not

I still need to clear the kitchen and load the dishwasher - best get on with that now

• Like 1

Here we are then another Friday - I have no idea where this week has gone

I am absolutely 'cream-crackered' - have a fairly lengthy TDL but as the weekends weather forecast is dire I won't feel so bad about starting it tomorrow

Hope the weekend is kind to all

• Like 3

Tired in Derbyshire too!  I think it's just all the extra thinking that needs to go on at the moment.  I have also had tons of governors work to do this week.  I am hoping to be able to stay awake enough to get loads of school work done today then have a cosy evening with my crochet hook and maybe a film if I can decide what to watch.  Then tomorrow I'm intending to do the cleaning and have a think about how to manage the season which must not be named.  I know my niblings won't be able to do many of their usual seasonal activities for visits to different people and places and wanted to try and think of some surprise treats for them instead.

• Like 2

Ok everyone, I'm going to say it ..... Christmas! - there, it's out!  🌲🎅

We finish on the 11th Dec so we actually only have four weeks left- which as we all know will fly past.  How are people planning on handling this year?

We will not be having our concert whatever the guidance might be by then, as I'm not confident it will be that much different from now.  Usually we have a very short  concert with the children that will be leaving in the summer, then all children come in for party etc.   Looking for ideas on how we can cover this? Possibly filming it?

Our usual Father Christmas is not able to do it this year so we need a replacement. We have worked out we can put him in the scout office (which we turn into a fully on grotto) and the children can see from a safe distance, and staff will hand out gifts etc.  We feel this is well covered as long as we can find someone! 

• Like 1

They sound like good preps Louby loo - I think my granddaughters' school is filming their show at primary school - I suspect that somehow we will have to pay to "unlock" it on the website somehow, but presumably Tapestry users  could just put the video on for all to see?

I cannot believe you used the C word! 😩 I think Eric the elf will be leaving the children’s presents this year.  After not allowing visitors into the setting for the last six months I don’t really think it’s appropriate to bring in Father Christmas. Also don’t think he would come in anyway to be honest!  I think we will be having a party on the Wednesday morning when all children are in and then the Friday will be a normal session.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

suggested to my hubby he might be FC this year (as he's in my bubble and my daughters!) he was not impressed !😂

I have a plan to attach helium balloons to their gifts and spread them across the garden...allowing parents to come in to the bottom of the garden to collect their little one and then go home! reckon i could spin a story around FC dropping them on the way past! might even manage to borrow the snow machine!

We are planning to film the nativity! 

Otherwise the usual general chaos and hype!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

I have a plan to attach helium balloons to their gifts and spread them across the garden...

what could possibly go wrong😆  Hope you have a zip wire to attach them to.   I'm sure you have planned for the gifts to be fairly heavy Finleysmaid 💪

Edited by Panders
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I cannot believe you used the C word! 😩 I think Eric the elf will be leaving the children’s presents this year.  After not allowing visitors into the setting for the last six months I don’t really think it’s appropriate to bring in Father Christmas. Also don’t think he would come in anyway to be honest!  I think we will be having a party on the Wednesday morning when all children are in and then the Friday will be a normal session.

She's just brazen that louby 🤣

Very low key on the old yuletide front for us - have already let parents know (in one of my frequent updates) - so no entertainer and no Father Christmas - however, I have it on good authority that FC will be leaving a sack filled with presents for the children at my house this year - we will have some sort of 'party' not sure what yet and I will distribute the pressies

That's always supposing we actually make it through to end of term  fingers crossed on that one - oh and we finish Friday 18th - no early dart for us 

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

suggested to my hubby he might be FC this year (as he's in my bubble and my daughters!) he was not impressed !😂

Funnily enough I had the same reaction in this house!  Our usual FC is a local actor (think Dr's/The Bill - we're not talking Hollywood 🤣). We're hoping for someone within our work bubble will volunteer.  

If we can't find one we will have a rethink, however I really do want to try-we have a sibling that started with us this year and all she has gone on about since day one is whether or not Father Christmas is in the building!!!   Mum did warn us that this is all she talks about at home too and she couldn't wait to start with us because of FC.

We're working on filming the concert.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It’s just gone 7pm, I am going to do the dishes, make one resource for next week, prep for 3 SEN reviews and then call it done on my school TDL for this weekend. Candlelight, crochet and freshly made chocolate cake are calling!

I want to be in your house!

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

And now it’s time for panic cleaning!

🤣

When my daughter was little we used to play 'estate agents' - We'd  pretend the phone had rung and it was the estate agent and he would be turning up in 20mins for a house viewing, so we'd have to tidy like mad to get the house nice.   (should add the house wasn't actually on the market).   As a result years later we are both excellent at 20 min tidy-upers 😁

• Haha 3