Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

To cap it all, I was making macaroni cheese for tea yesterday, went to get the bag of flour out of the cupboard - it fell on my head and I looked like I'd been through a snowstorm!

Picture the scene -   I am making a chocolate cake for son's 28th birthday.   Not made this one before - it is a very very very WET mix.   9floz milk and 4.5 floz oil and 9floz boiling water - when I came to adding the water at the very end and switched on the Kenwood ................ suffice to say there was a certain amount of language and clearing up to do😱😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thank you sunnyday, I’m more worried for this cohort being school ready than the ones who missed their last term before school.

I’m hoping it will have the desired outcome 🤞

I completely understand what you mean. We have completely changed the way we teach as children just are not year 1 (or 2) ready. It will take a long time to return to normal but I think we are already learning useful lessons about how to provide for children’s needs at home and school.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Panders said:

Picture the scene -   I am making a chocolate cake for son's 28th birthday.   Not made this one before - it is a very very very WET mix.   9floz milk and 4.5 floz oil and 9floz boiling water - when I came to adding the water at the very end and switched on the Kenwood ................ suffice to say there was a certain amount of language and clearing up to do😱😂

So you were trying to recreate the thick oozy mud from the bear hunt to go with froglets snowstorm!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hope that the new week has got of to a good start for everyone

As discussed before we are finding the extra cleaning quite challenging - it reached a whole new level this morning as I found myself washing 150 conkers that the children had been busy 'cooking' with 🤦‍♀️

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hope that the new week has got of to a good start for everyone

As discussed before we are finding the extra cleaning quite challenging - it reached a whole new level this morning as I found myself washing 150 conkers that the children had been busy 'cooking' with 🤦‍♀️

Not going to lie - the cleaning is doing my head in big-time 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say hello. Bit of a flat day here. House is a tip, the TDL is epic, just done parents evenings by phone and I’m just shattered!

Hello  😊😊😊😊, sounds like 🍮 🍰 needed.

I went to bed at 7.30 last night and slept solid until 7 this morning 🙀 Totally unheard of for me!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mouseketeer said:

Hi Froglet, I was wondering if it was Friday yet, Everything seems to take more effort to wade through 🥺

It does doesn’t it. Daily conversations about whether we have enough staff. Some parents frustrated with us because they have to isolate, having to organise and deliver remote learning whilst teaching in class too, cleaning, hearing a cough or sneeze and your first thought being who was it and do I need to clean anything?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say hello. Bit of a flat day here. House is a tip, the TDL is epic, just done parents evenings by phone and I’m just shattered!

Ah young Froglet - I didn't see this yesterday - I hope today has been better for you x

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Ah young Froglet - I didn't see this yesterday - I hope today has been better for you x

It was lovely up until half an hour ago when I saw the news and discovered that from Saturday I will be in a Tier 2 area so my longed for sleepover with my sister and niece and nephew for my birthday is off. It will be ok, we will find a place to meet outside but not the same and right now I just need to be sad.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Froglet said:

It was lovely up until half an hour ago when I saw the news and discovered that from Saturday I will be in a Tier 2 area so my longed for sleepover with my sister and niece and nephew for my birthday is off. It will be ok, we will find a place to meet outside but not the same and right now I just need to be sad.

Sending you the hugest virtual hug - this whole situation is just awful

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Panders said:

ahh Froglet -😞 feel very disappointed for you.  Going to have to be double cake rations for you when the time comes,  what a lonely birthday unless you can meet up some how.

Thank you. We’re going to try to find a nice park to meet in. At the moment at least they can still go to visit my brother and his little girl and those little people have so missed each other.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Us too 😢   (and I'll admit I've had a little cry today :( ) I hope you can still make your birthday special though xxxx

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Us too 😢   (and I'll admit I've had a little cry today :( ) I hope you can still make your birthday special though xxxx

I’m so sorry, I too am having a little cry. It’s rare that I actually get to see people on my birthday normally and I will definitely make it special (am planning my breakfast now! 😉). It was just that we would normally have had a couple of sleepovers in either direction already this year and we miss each other.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Oh louby I thought about you when I saw the news today - I'm so sad for you - big hugs xxx

• Like 2

It’s all so demoralising, sorry to hear you’re about to go into tier 2 mode froglet and louby  😞 we were sitting around 12 cases a day last week and that is now just under the 50 a day this week, we’ve been put on Amber alert by the county whatever that means 😢 my heading is spinning over the bubble decision, but with the increases I believe even more it would be a 1 out all out if either bubble had a pos case, none of my committee have asked how it’s going this half term, and I’m beginning to sense a feeling of ‘one upmanship’ with one of the bubbles which I just don’t need.

pleased to read your Mr S news sunnyday 🌞

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

So here we are another Friday

I feel a bit guilty announcing that we have had a good week after reading of my 'Friday friends' struggles

The whole Covid situation is just pants, I am so frustrated with our bloomin' Government - I see our glorious leader is going to deliver a press briefing at 4pm - hmmm

I am going to try to get my TDL wrapped up today - would like a free weekend

Flu jabs for both of us tomorrow - deep joy!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 3

Dont know where in Cornwall you are Mousie, but have been looking in on the St. Ive's webcam for the Sloop Inn and the weather has been rather lovely for a couple of days, makes a difference in normal circs but at the moment - well we all need something to keep us cheered up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

im in isolation....covid test results back tomorrow! (would be me wouldn't it!!!) 🙄

FM I hope that it’s negative but if it isn’t I hope you’re not too poorly.

Sunnyday don’t you dare feel guilty - I’m glad you had a good week.

Today has been brighter - it is what it is. My sister in law sent the family a joyous video of my just 4 niece doing a breakfast dance to ‘Can’t stop the feeling’ with a lovely shimmy in it. It made us all smile. I have now added the song to my Alexa playlist and did my own breakfast dance to it this morning.

We had an INSET day today with pizza for lunch, some good news which I can’t really share and... I just started a two week half term. Lots of smiles.

I am going to spend this evening just being cosy (hot chocolate is on the cards) and the weekend reading, cleaning and restoring order at home before tackling the school TDL next week. A colleague told me that she aims to do one thing for school, one for home and one for herself each day of the holidays and I’m quite tempted to try that idea myself. I could work on my spare room so that when I can have my niblings to stay again it is a thing of beauty.

• Like 2