Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

So glad to hear Mr S is doing ok!  Epic TDL and very tired here too - I think it's partly just that stage in the term plus all the background thinking that is going on this year.  I've also had a really busy week - meetings after school every day and before school on two of them.  I feel a bit like I can't catch up with myself at the moment.  Having said that I am determined to only work today at home and must resist all books, baking and crafty things!  I'm aiming to finish by 7pm and have a cosy evening in - has anyone got any good film recommendations for me?!

Tomorrow is going to be about clearing the spare room as much as I can - my sister confirmed yesterday that she and the children are coming to stay on my birthday (symptoms pending!) which will be lovely but my spare room is as my middle niece kindly refers to it 'a dump room' and desperately needs sorting out so that there is somewhere to stay.  I'd also like to do a few crafty things to make it look pretty.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and don't get too soggy in the rain or blown away by the wind.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Froglet said:

- has anyone got any good film recommendations for me?!

Not a film - but I am watching 'Life' on iplayer and really enjoying it - also enjoyed 'Us' last week when waiting anxiously for news from Mr S

When you have finished your spare room clearing could you please pop down and do mine for me young Froglet!

As for the weather - grrr - thought that the rain was finished here, pegged out a load of washing - it is now getting an extra rinse🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Glad to hear Mr S is doing ok.

I too am incredibly tired and a bit irritated (no reason just tired!) been really busy. We need another member of staff. I have put it off but can't for much longer. I am considering taking on an apprentice...anyone joined the new scheme for this? any tips? 

An apprentice sounds like a great idea fm - can't help with any tips though

30 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

As for the weather - grrr - thought that the rain was finished here, pegged out a load of washing - it is now getting an extra rinse🤦‍♀️

At least you got to peg some out, it's been constant rain here since yesterday, I'm even considering putting a few side lights on to try and cheer the place up a bit 😬

On 03/10/2020 at 09:49, Froglet said:

So glad to hear Mr S is doing ok!  Epic TDL and very tired here too - I think it's partly just that stage in the term plus all the background thinking that is going on this year.  I've also had a really busy week - meetings after school every day and before school on two of them.  I feel a bit like I can't catch up with myself at the moment.  Having said that I am determined to only work today at home and must resist all books, baking and crafty things!  I'm aiming to finish by 7pm and have a cosy evening in - has anyone got any good film recommendations for me?!

Tomorrow is going to be about clearing the spare room as much as I can - my sister confirmed yesterday that she and the children are coming to stay on my birthday (symptoms pending!) which will be lovely but my spare room is as my middle niece kindly refers to it 'a dump room' and desperately needs sorting out so that there is somewhere to stay.  I'd also like to do a few crafty things to make it look pretty.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and don't get too soggy in the rain or blown away by the wind.

Film   The Lucky One (Netflix)   watched it a long long time ago, see it's back on there.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Is it Friday yet?😷🤧😴

It is for me!   Off the next two days 😁😁😬

I am seriously trying to cut my hours, so making the most while I still can 😳  I'm sure it won't be long before we start having problems with self isolation etc.

🥳🥳Great end to the week with an outdoor morning.  Tweaked a couple of bits of outdoor provision and it totally reenergised the play. We have finally after much repetition and hard work  won our battle with improving manners! Today they were off the chart, not just to adults but to each other. This makes me so happy and I just hope parents continue the high expectations at home!  Currently feeling a bit more positive about work, let’s hope it lasts!

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

Sunnyday, hope Mr S is continuing to recover and recuperate xxx

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, zigzag said:

🥳🥳Great end to the week with an outdoor morning.  Tweaked a couple of bits of outdoor provision and it totally reenergised the play. We have finally after much repetition and hard work  won our battle with improving manners! Today they were off the chart, not just to adults but to each other. This makes me so happy and I just hope parents continue the high expectations at home!  Currently feeling a bit more positive about work, let’s hope it lasts!

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

Sunnyday, hope Mr S is continuing to recover and recuperate xxx

Great end of the week for you.  

I was so pleased this week when a little girl said an unprompted 'thank-you' to me for doing up her coat. We are in a quite affluent area and this little girl is not our usual clientele- very young parents that lack confidence in their parenting skills.... seems they have raised the politest child within our group though 😊

• Like 2

Hello Friday peeps!

I am pleased to be able to report that Mr S seems to be going from strength to strength - thank you so much for thinking about him

Another good week at pre-school which is just brilliant - thinking back to our first week of term I honestly thought then that I had made a huge mistake in re-opening. Feeling very settled now in our new space, we all seem to have fallen into a good system of working, lots of quarantining of resources as opposed to continual cleaning is definitely helping.

Not too much of a TDL to complete - not doing it now - enjoying a phew it's Friday moment

Happy weekend all

• Like 5

All sounds positive sunnyday, I’ve made the decision to unbubble following the half term break providing nothing has changed in our guidance which will be a relief, I’m looking forward to getting routines back in place that have been put aside and some spending time with the children from the other bubble, it will be interesting to see the affect of going back to free flow has on some that are showing quite challenging behaviour (or is that just wishful thinking?).

Cases are rising in our area but still quite low compared to some areas so🤞I won’t move everything back and find out we need to limit numbers mixing again 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

super to hear Mr S is doing well.

I have a request to all pre-schools...please can you take your fair share of children with SEND and stop sending them all to me!!😂

Honestly why do some settings seem to attract children with SEND and others have none. Don't get me wrong i love working with these families and when you get it right it is just brilliant but i have so many at the moment that it is restricting what i can do with some of the others😔

as to unbubbling ....we are ramping up again here ...one of our senior schools has 420 confirmed cases so far !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

super to hear Mr S is doing well.

I have a request to all pre-schools...please can you take your fair share of children with SEND and stop sending them all to me!!😂

Honestly why do some settings seem to attract children with SEND and others have none. Don't get me wrong i love working with these families and when you get it right it is just brilliant but i have so many at the moment that it is restricting what i can do with some of the others😔

as to unbubbling ....we are ramping up again here ...one of our senior schools has 420 confirmed cases so far !

fm - you get all the SEND children because you are so talented and capable - obvious really!

420 cases in one school - oh my actual goodness 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Word goes out Fm.   Mums tell other mums!    As Sunnyday says - people recognise talent when they see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’ve made the decision to unbubble following the half term break providing nothing has changed in our guidance which will be a relief, I’m l

We've been a bubble of 35 over the week since we opened in Sept works well for us :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

And we were worried when 3 tested positive in a school about 10 miles from us 😳 

Have to admit I think you may have our share of SEND, we have none this year so far- but we do have 'red flags' for one little child showing  classic signs of AS but might just be early days of settling in.

10 hours ago, louby loo said:

Have to admit I think you may have our share of SEND, we have none this year so far- but we do have 'red flags' for one little child showing  classic signs of AS but might just be early days of settling in.

We don’t have any diagnosed (other than Salt) SEND at the moment which is unusual but oh boy they have returned with some challenging behaviour, some were off from March but not all, independence has gone out the window and many are not listening to a thing anyone says to them, they are answering back and snatching from each other, either that or they breakdown at the slightest thing, I have never known such a high maintenance group as this school cohort have returned....I’m hoping reverting to one group might help them settle, they can play with who they want to, where they want to most of the time and be with different staff as I feel this might also be impacting on behaviour 🤷‍♀️ 

23 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

We don’t have any diagnosed (other than Salt) SEND at the moment which is unusual but oh boy they have returned with some challenging behaviour, some were off from March but not all, independence has gone out the window and many are not listening to a thing anyone says to them, they are answering back and snatching from each other, either that or they breakdown at the slightest thing, I have never known such a high maintenance group as this school cohort have returned....I’m hoping reverting to one group might help them settle, they can play with who they want to, where they want to most of the time and be with different staff as I feel this might also be impacting on behaviour 🤷‍♀️ 

glad to hear others are having the same issue...somehow makes one feels slightly less useless! (me obvs not you....humm feel like im digging a hole with this response...maybe i'll delete...or...goes off rambling...............😅🙄

• Haha 1

I’m with you on the feeling useless, I have no idea how to put this right, staff morale is pretty low ...there are always 2 or 3 in a cohort that need more support with behaviour strategies but this is ridiculous and can honestly say only 2 or 3 are not presenting with challenging behaviour in this year group and many are turned/turning 4 already, even when we have our doubts they usually step into the shoes of those just left seemlessly but it sure hasn’t happened yet.... in fact the younger new starters are a breeze compared 🤔

• Sad 1

Hello all,

I was just too shattered to post last night - let's just say it's been a very challenging week!  I normally work on Saturday and aim to take Sunday off but have decided to switch things around this weekend just to try and recover a little.  That means today is all about knitting and cleaning and reading although I must go and get some food and pick up a prescription.  Tomorrow morning I'll work and then hopefully just 'chill' again in the afternoon.

Really glad to hear Mr S is doing ok.  

Everyone - we are the same in my school, lack of independence in children coming back, consequent behaviour issues and staff feeling drained with it all.

To cap it all, I was making macaroni cheese for tea yesterday, went to get the bag of flour out of the cupboard - it fell on my head and I looked like I'd been through a snowstorm!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’m with you on the feeling useless, I have no idea how to put this right, staff morale is pretty low ...there are always 2 or 3 in a cohort that need more support with behaviour strategies but this is ridiculous and can honestly say only 2 or 3 are not presenting with challenging behaviour in this year group and many are turned/turning 4 already, even when we have our doubts they usually step into the shoes of those just left seemlessly but it sure hasn’t happened yet.... in fact the younger new starters are a breeze compared 🤔

Oh Mousie, such sad posts (virtual hug from me)

It is all really challenging isn't it - I look at my 'big ones' and think good grief how are we going to get you lot anywhere near ready for school. It's been a tough gig for them really, all that time at home, no chance to learn from this years 'leavers'.....

I really hope that your 'dropping the bubble' plan works for you

6 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

glad to hear others are having the same issue...somehow makes one feels slightly less useless! (me obvs not you....humm feel like im digging a hole with this response...maybe i'll delete...or...goes off rambling...............😅🙄

Dear fm - please don't describe yourself as 'useless' - you know that is far from the truth, you do always seem to have a lot of challenging children and I have told you before that I am in complete awe of what you manage to deal with (terrible grammar there but you know what I am trying to say)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

To cap it all, I was making macaroni cheese for tea yesterday, went to get the bag of flour out of the cupboard - it fell on my head and I looked like I'd been through a snowstorm!

Was it a 'swirling-whirling snowstorm' young Froglet? 🤣

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh Mousie, such sad posts (virtual hug from me)

It is all really challenging isn't it - I look at my 'big ones' and think good grief how are we going to get you lot anywhere near ready for school. It's been a tough gig for them really, all that time at home, no chance to learn from this years 'leavers'.....

I really hope that your 'dropping the bubble' plan works for you

Thank you sunnyday, I’m more worried for this cohort being school ready than the ones who missed their last term before school.

I’m hoping it will have the desired outcome 🤞

• Like 2