Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

So here we are another Friday!

Good week at pre-school, although I am worrying about the rise in infection rates as I'm sure we all are

Mr S is still on track to come home tomorrow afternoon - please keep everything crossed for him

Hope the weekend is kind to all

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

So here we are another Friday!

Good week at pre-school, although I am worrying about the rise in infection rates as I'm sure we all are

Mr S is still on track to come home tomorrow afternoon - please keep everything crossed for him

Hope the weekend is kind to all

Every thing crossed :) 🤞🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

Everything is crossed! I have got a couple of biggish jobs ticked off the TDL this week so although it’s still epic it doesn’t feel quite so overwhelming.

It was my brother’s birthday this week so my sister and I ‘zoomed’ him that evening. His little girl (4 in 6 sleeps!) wanted to do a performance for us and demonstrate her ‘ballet’. The dog was getting the way so mummy said “Lie down” both the dog and the girl did instantly and then rolled over on command too. The rest of us were in stitches and very admiring of the joint child/dog training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know if it's because it's cold and windy but I am so hungry today (and I had proper breakfast too!)  I can't concentrate, I might just have to have an early lunch...  I'm thinking I might put the fire on in the living room and work on my TDL in there this afternoon.  I am determined not to be doing school stuff tomorrow!

In exciting news thought I've just remembered that I have some chocolate biscuits I can eat (accidentally delivered to me but the company who delivered them told me to dispose of them as I saw fit!)...

Edited by Froglet

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

In exciting news thought I've just remembered that I have some chocolate biscuits I can eat (accidentally delivered to me but the company who delivered them told me to dispose of them as I saw fit!)...

😁 Good result!

I had some very expensive honey delivered to my at the beginning of lockdown - I phoned the company and it turned out it was  sort of delivered to the wrong address- weird thing was the name was almost identical to mine! 😳

Anyway, it belonged to house number 8 and we are 18- however the rightful owner insisted that she lived at number 18 and I was wrong about my own house number 😳

We did have a laugh in the end as it turned out she was staying at her mother-in-laws during lockdown and she genuinely believed it was number 18........... she profusely apologised as she had ordered another 6 parcels to number 18. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Hi my lovely Friday Friends - just a quick update re Mr S - sadly things went a bit pear shaped yesterday so there was no happy homecoming......

He has  a small tear in his lung, the result of which is that there is air leaking into is chest which is causing a partial lung collapse - yesterday was very, very scary, but the absolutely fabulous news is they are fairly certain that the tear will heal on its own......otherwise he would need another procedure to insert a chest drain, which carries additional risks so obviously best avoided

I am so grateful to the team at the Royal Brompton - he is receiving the best care

It is a bit of a waiting game now

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hi my lovely Friday Friends - just a quick update re Mr S - sadly things went a bit pear shaped yesterday so there was no happy homecoming......

He has  a small tear in his lung, the result of which is that there is air leaking into is chest which is causing a partial lung collapse - yesterday was very, very scary, but the absolutely fabulous news is they are fairly certain that the tear will heal on its own......otherwise he would need another procedure to insert a chest drain, which carries additional risks so obviously best avoided

I am so grateful to the team at the Royal Brompton - he is receiving the best care

It is a bit of a waiting game now

Great news Sunnyday - it's a bit like being on a rollercoaster for you at the moment.  Fingers crossed he is home soon. xx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I am so glad to hear that. Does he have to stay in until it heals?

Yes, I think so, a lot will depend on how today goes I think

It is hard not being with him, but completely understand that is just not possible - so lots of text messages and phone calls - at one point yesterday he was back on oxygen so unable to speak which was horrible

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

It is hard not being with him, but completely understand that is just not possible - so lots of text messages and phone calls - at one point yesterday he was back on oxygen so unable to speak which was horrible

Hoping everything rights itself and he is home with you soon. Xx

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I can imagine. Hope it’s not long until you can have him home safe with you again.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 12:36, louby loo said:

😁 Good result!

I had some very expensive honey delivered to my at the beginning of lockdown - I phoned the company and it turned out it was  sort of delivered to the wrong address- weird thing was the name was almost identical to mine! 😳

Anyway, it belonged to house number 8 and we are 18- however the rightful owner insisted that she lived at number 18 and I was wrong about my own house number 😳

We did have a laugh in the end as it turned out she was staying at her mother-in-laws during lockdown and she genuinely believed it was number 18........... she profusely apologised as she had ordered another 6 parcels to number 18. 😂😂😂

What are the chances - somebody else called Louby loo    😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Hope today is going better.    Very scary for you all.    If RB say lung can repair itself they must know what they are saying.  Love to you and Mr. S

• Like 2

Here we are again - it's Friday!

Very good week at work - long may it last!

Mr S is getting stronger by the day, thank goodness........you are really not meant to come out of hospital in a worse state than when you went in🤦‍♀️ he needs to go back to hospital on Monday for another x-ray to establish whether or not his lung is re-inflated, a long way to go for an x-ray but needs must

All a bit wild, wet and windy here - not my favourite weather at all - think we are forecast some respite tomorrow - let's hope so!

I have a pretty long TDL, should get on with now really, but I am tired and when tired everything seems to take twice as long so will tackle it tomorrow

Hope that the weekend is kind to all

• Like 3

Glad to hear Mr S is doing ok.

I too am incredibly tired and a bit irritated (no reason just tired!) been really busy. We need another member of staff. I have put it off but can't for much longer. I am considering taking on an apprentice...anyone joined the new scheme for this? any tips? 

My biter has stopped biting...my puker has stopped puking ....My young chap with asd appears to be settliing as he's been rather full on today!!! with the result that the rest of the group jumped on the fact we were busy and i have had to deal with numerous behaviour issues. Feeling rather diheartened. I'll be ok once the gin hits!🙄

• Like 1

Good to hear Mr Sunny is doing well.

I too am very tired, I think it must be the constant 'back of the brain' always being on the alert ?  Our children have all settled well- far better than we ever expected to be honest- but I still feel totally shattered.

I have a long TDL not helped by my daughter coming over every time I'm not at work, and on my short days. 😳 Bless her, I think the lockdown really effected her mental health, she told me today she wants to see us whenever she can in case we go into lockdown again 😢  I don't think it helped that they bought a 'doer upper' just before lockdown (feb) now it's very slow actually getting any work done.   I do get to see the granddaughter though :)