Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool website link ideas

Phew!

Not really sure whether or not I need a website - would provide 'easy access' for new parents I suppose - Ofsted would be impressed possibly/maybe/do I care :ph34r:

Something else to think about.......

Just add it to the TDL!!

We don't really need one to sell ourselves as we do not have too much competition in our rural area. But it's a good way of sharing info, especially when new parents come along as you can direct them to the website. As I say our inspector had taken a good look at our site and was impressed! The only downside is it is always on my TDL to keep it updated!

• Like 2

There is now an English based version of the site!! I like the add on's it offers including a good range of apps that are helpful and you can send newsletters (shout outs) and create mailing lists and shopping online too!

I've asked Weebly and they say that all the sites after the same facilities. So I should be able to do all that with the US version. If I find something I can't do, to get in touch with them and they'll look into it.

I have a website that I created and I host myself :P - Yet still my Facebook page gets more views and interactions. it is good to have a website for information purposes, of course but not essential.

For businesses that want to be found on Google, for example, If people do search Google for "nursery in XXX" it would be ideal to be found at the top of the 1st page.. then SEO is required on the website and a more professional page is required. This is all straight forward stuff.

A Google + page or a Local Business Listing on Google can achieve top ranking results on Google.. or of course a PPC campaign can get you sponsored top spot if you pay enough for this position.. and this can change hourly depending on the competition.

I would recommend a Facebook page.. or a Facebook group even that parents can gain all the information they need and that can also update members with all the latest information. Again Facebook Adverts can be a great way to gain attention if it is needed. I have just run a campaign myself and it has been very successful with a lot of activity and new "likes"

So it all depends what you want.. but for information purposes ie Downloadable material for parents to utilise then this can be achieved with Facebook or Google + pages, groups. With it being Social material it is usually more successful on a Social Media website.. just use a free Dropbox account for parent's to visit for all materials.. linking from a "Sticky" Facebook page or even create it's own Facebook page/group area tab.

The good thing about having this on Social Media is that people will hopefully share your download links with others thus creating more interest in your materials.. and getting people talking about it in the process.

The advantages of Facebook pages.. No cost (unless you promote your page and pay) and very social.. the only disadvantage might be the information can be more difficult to access unless it is set up right.

Either way, good luck!

Edited by BroadOaks

Thank you. We currently only have 60% of parents on Facebook, or willing to be involved with any social media, so for us, it really doesn't work. We do have a group and a page there, but it's not sensible for this to be our main contact. It's mainly used for a 'don't forget .... Pass it on' type of thing.

This is high up on my TDL for summer. Must admit, bit apprehensive, haven't a clue. I did look at weebly before. I also looked ar examples of other pre-school weebly sites.

Just added it to bottom of mine.....if I have time?!?!

• Like 1

Ohhh Broadoaks, wish I had your knowledge of dropbox, sticky and whatever else there is!

Dropbox is free if you only need a small amount of space.. or there are many alternatives to use. The best place to go that will show you step by step setting these things up is Youtube. There are many tutorials.. It's how I do most things because I forget things very easily.

• Like 1