Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

WHY, WHY WHY?

I do not expect any replies because I know that everyone is up against the same stupid bureaucratic and senseless rules from ofsted as I am. But I just need to vent.

Just before Christmas I filled out EY2 forms for all my committee. Now due to the fact that I cannot be the nominated person any more, Ofsted are requiring the same EY2 form filled out for a committee member to become the nominated person. Not only that but I have just completed the email form from Ofsted with all the same details on it. Why on earth are they making us repeat all the same information again and again? I wish someone at Ofsted towers would come on here and explain their reasons for all this. Ok, moan over am going to have a big glass of something with dinner.

Well I was looking for some info earlier on today about DBS etc and found the list of people and professions who can carry out the ID checks for DBS applications and guess what - its the nominated person!! So I, as manager, will no longer be able to do it because I AM NOT joining the committee!!!

Round and round and round etc etc. :( :wacko: :blink:

Are you sure you cannot be the nominated person?.....you need to check ! the nominated individual and the nominated person are NOT the same (to my knowledge!)

the nominated individual is the chair....the nominated person can be the manager

now I may have this completely wrong but having read the information again I think it might be right!!!!!

Yes, I got the letter to complete ALL our details again. Thought they must have had a computer breakdown or something. I need to email them tomorrow though as I completed it as me being the nominated person and of course as manager I can't be now.

But then they removed our chairperson as my EY3 might be considered not 100% clear.

I phoned and was told I could still be the nominated person without joining the committee ...so haven't done anything.

On a similar point though I have been thinking about having myself and other longer standing staff redone, but as I'm registered with capita to check ID who checks mine ? Can I do my own ?

You have to register a second checker. I did this with my deputy as I was going to redo mine but then had Ofsted who said there is no 'requirement' (as yet) as long as you are doing your staff declarations etc. So I decided to save the pre-schools money.

Edited by lsp

I got an email from ofsted last week in response to a query stating the manager can't be the nominated person unless on the committee. Obviously this will cause problems with dbs checks as I need to be the nominated person to carry the id checks out. They do say that I could be added as an addition contact to the registration as I hate trying to get someone else to ring them when they have no idea what I am talking about.

Ofsted don't recheck dbs, so I registered our chairperson as she can check as a teacher, she checked me and I did the rest of the staff. Isp- I would have thought that unless your deputy is a teacher she wouldn't be on the list as able to Id check.

Look what I have just received by email!! Knew it would come back like this. Have replied that I will amend the form when they have processed the EY2 for the new nominated person and not until then. Also told them exactly what I think of this whole nominated person and manager business. I know it won't make any difference but it made me feel better.

Dear Registered Person,

Thank you for completing the registration details form.

Unfortunately we are unable to process your form for the following reason:

The nominated individual listed in Section B is not the same individual we have on our systems at Ofsted.

Please can you amend the form to include the details of the correct nominated individual in Section B and then return the form to us on the email address given below.

• Like 2

lol zigzag...I've randomly received a new reg certificate today with a covering letter to tell me my previous registration details will be retained for 3 yrs ...phoned ofsted again to ask why, it is because of the registration form, so I asked again if I was still ok to be nominated person as this is still causing confusion "yes you're registration is completely in order", so I don't need to be on the committee ? "our records show you are a committee member" :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :lol: :o:ph34r: :huh: :P I didn't argue just said "Ok thank you".

• Like 2

I had 3 letters arrive the same day from Ofsted last week... ALL with the same date.

First one said my EY2 was being processed.

Second one gave me token number to track EY2 progress.

Third one said.... You are suitable to work with children (pretty good of them to recognise this as I have been manager for 11 years) and they agreed I could be part of the registered body and nominated person.

Then I received an e-mail requesting me to fill out the registration details ...... yet again, (4th e-mail re this) and it has long since been submitted!

Does make you wonder!!!!!

I've just email capita to ask for the responsible person list presume it may be the same as one used when checking committee ID, which I can do as nominated person.

And I have emailed Ofsted to say that I have completed the registration form in as me being the nominated person which is now wrong. What should I do?

I'll let you know the outcome!

Megamum - have they asked you to fill in health form which must by signed by doctor?

This question to anyone - if we change the nominated person to an existing committee member will ofsted need another EY2 for that person? Just checking as this seems to be the thing I am picking up from others comments.

This question to anyone - if we change the nominated person to an existing committee member will ofsted need another EY2 for that person? Just checking as this seems to be the thing I am picking up from others comments.

Yes you need to do another EY2 for them. I completed EY2 for chairperson in December, they are now going to be nominated person and when I asked do I really have to do another EY2 they said yes!! What a complete shambles this whole thing is.

• Like 2

So for those of you that were/are nominated person but can no longer be- have you filled out your forms as the nominated person or put down anothers name as it?

Does that make sense? I have no intention of becoming a committee member (actually its more that I would have to re write and sort our constitution changes ) so when I complete the form do I put myself down as NP (which I am) or put down the person (our Treasurer) who it is going to be?

I have always been the nominated person and never a committee member (though they now seem to think I am), on the form I put me as the nominated person but didn't put myself on the list of members and my name has never come up on the list of members that inspectors check at each inspection. I did add one of the officers as another person who could contact ofsted.

Nominated Person and Registered Person, is this the confusion?

The Nominated Person i believe must be either a Member of the Committee OR the Manager, it must be one point of contact.

The Registered Person can be one or more people, or organization - that must form part of the Governing Body.

We had a discussion about this recently in another thread. I just wanted to comment, to add this clarification, from how i understand it.

I was under the impression (when we registered 2 yrs ago) the Registered Person is the Committee, the nominated person has to be a member of the committee. OFSTED do dbs checks on the committee, the committee are now responsible for manager (and staff) recruitment, dbs checks and continued suitability. Health checks no longer needed for manager. Nominated person has to inform OFSTED of any changes to manager.

Hard for those committees who have to have a parent as the nominated person. No wonder it is a struggle to get parents to take on this responsibility.

I understand it the same as Broadoaks and this is how we work.

Registered Person - The Committee of xxxx Pre-School Playgoup

Nominated Person - Manager OR Committee member whoever is nominated to be the point of contact for Ofsted BUT if it is the manager they must form part of the committee

For us I as Manager am the Nominated Person plus I am a general committee member.

• Like 2

if it is the manager they must form part of the committee

This is part i was unclear on but luckily for us all we have just recently been sent an "Ofsted registration details form" to complete, like many due to the legislation changes.

Section A - Reg Person Details:

A1. Registered Person type: Sole Trader, partnership, Company, Committee, Stat Body, Other..

A2. Type of organisation if selected "other"

A3. Reg person name: if Company, Stat body or charity the name should match the legal name of the organisation.

A4. Charity Number - must match issued by charity commission.

A5. Company Number - must match company house.

A6. Reg person address inc post code. for posted legal correspondence.

A7. Telephone number of reg person.

A8. email

Section B - Sole Trader or Nominated individual:

If not sole trader, the nominated individual will be responsible for the application and subsequent registration. they must be part of the registered person and oversee the management of the provision of childcare.

Section C - Details of individuals who make up the registered person - if committee, please list all committee members and give details.

Also this letter answered my other question regarding nursery chains. Existing multiple setting providers, such as nursery chains, will not have to resign their individual setting registrations and re-register under the new single registration measure. Ofsted will transfer all individual registrations into the new system and we will issue new certificates to reflect all changes.

Nice of them :P

Edited by BroadOaks

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hadn't thought of that diesel. It was a couple of years ago. We use Capita for our staff employment dbs and they put her name down???? Interesting.

I always used to do the Ofsted ID checks, but when it went online I was no longer able to as not nominated individual or any of the occupations listed, however, both TMG (now online disclosures) & capita allow me to do is for staff and volunteers respectively (I am the administrator).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)