Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1-1 support staff are they included in ratio?

Just had a christmas humdinger dropped on me!

One staff leaving- for better pay and NVQ3 training thrown in!! Don't blame her : /

Other staff nenber wants to drop hours and key children as shes under pressure at home due to a son with autism and changing schools!!! Understandable. : (

But that leaves me in a massive dilema - staff wise and with new intake due!!

A question for you knowledgeable guys.....I have two children that receive top up funding for sen (i know, lucky me) however their staff support was additional to ratio this term. Can I include them in ratio next term whilst I frantically try to go through the process of employing another staff member - if I can!?

when the child is not there they could be employed for extra hours to cover.. if they are willing ..

I think that would be the only option open to you Rafa - oh what a complete nightmare - really feel for you.........

Might just be worth checking with your LA......

Edited by sunnyday

What SEND suport have you got in terms of the hours attended by the 2 children and the hours paid? Are you getting the full 15 hours or are you providing extra hours from the settings budget because I would 'guess' that the staff could be in ratio for those extra hours not funding by LA?

Edited by lsp
  • Like 1

You can't do this and claim the funding. Would they cope without the support?

Yes I knew this really, was just in such a panic!! The children will 'cope' without additional support - just feel bad that I cannot offer it next term as they are making such good progress - not sure parents will be thrilled either! Oh well it is what it is..........

.........just hope Santa brings me a super new practitioner!! - I have been good! : )

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)