Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paris

Stargrower

Unspeakably sad........

My youngest son was at the Bataclan theatre in November 2013 - he was there for a Passenger gig.......

Same son had booked to visit Egypt this December - he has now changed that holiday and will go to Cape Verde instead - I am so pleased that he has made that decision - his reasoning was that he couldn't take the risk for his little girls......

I found the coverage on the BBC this morning of the pianist playing Imagine as shots of many buildings around the world lit up in the colours of the tricoloure were shown so very moving (even though there was a bum note on the piano)

Very disappointed with Mr Cameron that he didn't speak until yesterday afternoon - not good enough - we need to show that we stand with the French people and he is our spokesman........

• Like 1

I took my daughter to Paris this weekend for her 21st birthday, we were 20 mins away from stadium such an awful situation for everybody involved.

Got to take her back now as had Eiffel tower and cirque de Soleil booked and of course they cancelled everything.

Its very sad, the whole thing is, but while standing in Sainsburys this morning, taking part in the 1 minute silence, I thought of how we never have this outpouring of public support for other nations who suffer terrorist attacks.

It doesnt diminish how I feel about Paris, but it does make me angry at myself and the rest of the world that we can be so particular at who we commemorate.

• Like 2

I took my daughter to Paris this weekend for her 21st birthday, we were 20 mins away from stadium such an awful situation for everybody involved.

Got to take her back now as had Eiffel tower and cirque de Soleil booked and of course they cancelled everything.

Oh my goodness - so pleased to hear that you are home safe and well........

• Like 1

We are seeing these tragic events on the television and social media as they happen and the grief of people involved. Are your children talking about or reacting to this? How do you deal with or help them cope with what they are seeing and hearing?

Found this article about explaining to children.. may be helpful for some..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/12000620/Paris-attacks-How-to-explain-the-horror-to-children.html

as an aside.. it is amazing how much it affects all , in many ways..

We needed an electrician, so left a phone message and text to our usual one who is very helpful, to receive a text back saying he is in Paris and will contact us when he gets back..

• Like 1