Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Malleable materials

We use and love clay as well. I think the reason may be something to do with the dust particles that it gives of which is not good for asthma sufferers. I remember my friend who is an art teacher (and has chronic asthma) saying something about it years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry just found this thread! We have tried using clay, but the children didn't really take to it as it was tough for them to work with. One of the staff recently 'borrowed' a new book that's out on Kindle which has loads of different home made recipes for play dough, paint, clay, slime that looks really good. Think we will buy a copy for the setting. Avoids the COSHH problem!

Here is the link to the kindle version - there is a printed book version too but it's more expensive :-(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Sensory-Play-Recipe-Toolkit-ebook/dp/B016TDRJMI/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1448184272&sr=1-4&keywords=amanda+ralph

Had to smile and think of you all as we had clay out. The children loved it. The bit that made me smile particularly was overhearing a couple of children saying "oh I love this stuff! Do you remember when we had it at nursery ?"

Fascinating to see who could manipulate it really skilfully and who simply didn't yet have the skill (or finger strength) to make anything more than a slippery blob!!

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)