Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Persil fun fit

Hi.

Years ago we took part in Persil Fun Fit. Does anyone remember it?

If so, have you got any forms, instructions, certificates etc that I could take a look at please. I remember somewhen last year coming across the folder from years ago, while having a rare de-clutter and I also remember thinking "be firm, get rid of it, you won't need it" but now I do.

So if anyone can help I will be eternally grateful

Thank you

V

Yes I may have the folder at work - but like you, may have given it the heave ho this summer but I will look for you. We couldn't find the tape which went with it and some of the music on it was quite good for movement. I will look for you and report back on Monday!

Is this what you are looking for?

I have used Funfit for the past 20 years or so but have now moved into Reception so will no longer use it. I don't have any of the instructions or certificates (but you could download any 'bronze', 'silver' or 'gold' certificate from google images, as I did).

I have attached the checklist that I have used and a class record for 'action'. 'balance' and 'coordination' but you will need to alter the dates.

Hope it is what you are looking for.

Funfit - Class record - ACTION.doc

Funfit - Class record - BALANCE.doc

Funfit - Class record - CO-ORDINATION.doc

Funfit Record Card.doc

WOW!! thank you DevonMaid, that's exactly what I was looking for. We did it for many years and yes it was a very long time ago that it first came out.

We also collected Persil tokens from packs of soap powder and guess what - we collected the most in the country and Persil phoned me to ask if they could do a photo shoot. With all the tokens we collected we ordered huge climbing and balancing equipment that if we put it all together it went the whole length of our hall - and that is big, also a cricket set, hockey set and lots of other things that I can't remember.

Apart from the certificates, I'm not sure that there is anything else, but if there is Panders please can you post them. I remember the tape, especially the music/movement "space".

Persil Fun Fit was very good and I was wondering if any other company does anything similar.

Thank you, thank you for your help. I will start planning and printing right now.

V

WOW!! thank you DevonMaid, that's exactly what I was looking for. We did it for many years and yes it was a very long time ago that it first came out.

We also collected Persil tokens from packs of soap powder and guess what - we collected the most in the country and Persil phoned me to ask if they could do a photo shoot. With all the tokens we collected we ordered huge climbing and balancing equipment that if we put it all together it went the whole length of our hall - and that is big, also a cricket set, hockey set and lots of other things that I can't remember.

Apart from the certificates, I'm not sure that there is anything else, but if there is Panders please can you post them. I remember the tape, especially the music/movement "space".

Persil Fun Fit was very good and I was wondering if any other company does anything similar.

Thank you, thank you for your help. I will start planning and printing right now.

V

Well I have (had?) an A4 file with pictures of children doing certain activities in it, will definitely look tomorrow.

V

Right Verona, I have the Persil Funfit Reward Scheme for Pre-school Playgroups and nursery schools, 3-5 year olds folder here. There are no certificates in it however, it says How do children receive certificates and badges? To receive certificates and badges complete the order form and send it off to the address given. Orders may also be placed by phone (0345 626751) all major credit cards accepted and payment made in the form of cheques and postal orders . The address is a po box in Warrington . To receive further information leaders can ring 0800 212096 or write to Persil Funfit, FREEPOST, Warrington, Cheshire. WA4 1BR. Maybe this is a Persil Office - they might even still have tons of this stuff somewhere in a warehouse!!

Now similar to Devonmaid's download, there is a Children's Record Card where leaders would tick off what has been successfully performed. The rest of the folder is pictures of the types of activities to do with short explanations.

post-19782-0-62494600-1442851690_thumb.jpgpost-19782-0-30431700-1442851704_thumb.jpgpost-19782-0-42691800-1442851720_thumb.jpgpost-19782-0-07727000-1442851729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Panders

Thank you so much for all the info Panders. Will try the contact numbers tomorrow.

By the way, we have been trying to figure out how to do the "Hold a front support, then jump feet between hands" action. Do you have pictures of how this is done in your folder? We have been trying to think about it this morning - staff having a go and coming to the conclusion that their differing ideas don't work. There is only one other staff still with me that was around when we did PFF and she can't remember either. :blink:

Thank you so much for all the info Panders. Will try the contact numbers tomorrow.

By the way, we have been trying to figure out how to do the "Hold a front support, then jump feet between hands" action. Do you have pictures of how this is done in your folder? We have been trying to think about it this morning - staff having a go and coming to the conclusion that their differing ideas don't work. There is only one other staff still with me that was around when we did PFF and she can't remember either. :blink:

Your wish is my command!

post-19782-0-85589000-1442903577_thumb.jpg

This has brought back so many memories, must have been over 20 years ago that we did this, was in a setting before I moved to my current location, and we really enjoyed it.

Only a small setting in a remote location but we got a trolley of hoops and some other bits from it.

It was one of the better schemes that we have tried over the years.. moving meant I had to leave it there, did not realise some are still using it.

I think Inge it may have been one of the first types of collect these vouchers/packet tops type campaigns that parents could do to contribute to pre-schools and schools and they were quite happy to buy that product so that they could help - and I think Persil were probably more generous than some similar schemes today. We, I seem to recall, did quite well out of the Walker Crisps Books scheme until it was pointed out that crisps were not healthy and families should not be encouraged to eat them to get vouchers to contribute to schools!

Whilst I do still do the Sainsburys voucher scheme, it is not particularly generous and for pre-schools a majority of the equipment not in our age group. I preferred the Tesco voucher scheme which had a broader amount of products to choose from but that seems to have disappeared now.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)