Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

List- Inspiration needed (please)

louby loo

Anyone want to share their summer 'to do lists'

I know it should be a mile long, but I cant seem to get motivated. I want to get it over and done with as soon as poss xDxD :lol:

So far I seem to have registers and name tags - both of which are done, but not printed yet - due to last minute changes that always happen :angry: But they are ready.

I've totally lost my preschool mojo... so hoping others may inspire me :D:D ::1a

I've totally lost my preschool mojo... so hoping others may inspire me :D:D ::1a

I feel your pain I'm in exactly the same place as you - so much to do not sure where to start!! :D

I'm starting slowly hoping I'll pick up speed as I go along :blink:

1) Pay this months rent

2) Empty the folder of the leaving children's registration forms and find a hole to put them

That's it for todays jobs - and if I achieve it I will be very impressed but I think I will still be 'working towards' my goal <_<

• Like 2

Funding estimates, print parent dec forms & EYPP checkers, fees invoices, prepare new LJ's (paper or Tap), put leavers on discs, add/check new registration docs/lose old (not literally of course), key person groups, staff rota, reply to emails from parents asking to change to sessions you offered in first place that they couldn't possibly do (then update all previous paperwork to take into account changes), clean/sort, gardening, purchasing.....

Oh and 'stop reading FSF and actually do something on list' :/

• Like 3

Okey Dokey - are you sure you really want to know about my list.......

1. Accounts (before end of July)

2. Notify Pensions Regulator of 'contact' (before end of July)

3.Names - for self-registration for all

4. Stars for all - long story!

5. Update registration form folder

6. Prepare Initial Plans for new entrants

7. Update SEF folder

8. Buy and prepare new Learning Journey folders - I have bought the folders! :1b

9. Prepare and bind:

Accident record

Existing Injury record

Fire drill record

Daily check record

(all of the items for 9 are completed - woohoo!)

10. Prepare new register

11. Prepare new contact books

12. Read - all info received from Ofsted + a couple of recent purchases pre-school related!

13. Wash all dressing up clothes + cushions + blankets etc from Home Corner

14. Update SEF (yeah right)

15. Write and send Newsletter

16. Invoices for fee payers

Sure there is more - but that's quite enough to be getting on with (or not getting on with to be accurate!)

Edited by sunnyday

Funding estimates, print parent dec forms & EYPP checkers, fees invoices, prepare new LJ's (paper or Tap), put leavers on discs, add/check new registration docs/lose old (not literally of course), key person groups, staff rota, reply to emails from parents asking to change to sessions you offered in first place that they couldn't possibly do (then update all previous paperwork to take into account changes), clean/sort, gardening, purchasing.....

Oh and 'stop reading FSF and actually do something on list' :/

Well I've read that - and now need a little sleep/sofa time to recover.... xDxD :lol:

I spent the last session at work out of ratio, and managed to focus and get quite a lot done- I think this is what's throwing me now :wacko:

• Like 1

7. Update SEF folder

8. Buy and prepare new Learning Journey folders - I have bought the folders! :1b

9. Prepare and bind:

Accident record

Existing Injury record

Fire drill record

Daily check record

10. Prepare new register

12. Read - all info received from Ofsted + a couple of recent purchases pre-school related!

Sure there is more - but that's quite enough to be getting on with (or not getting on with to be accurate!)

thank you. :1b

And as for item 14 - xDxD :lol: xDxD (manic laughter!)

• Like 2

7. Update SEF folder

9. Prepare and bind:

Accident record

Existing Injury record

Fire drill record

Daily check record

10. Prepare new register

STOP Sunnyday - don't - you're wearing me out!! xD :lol: although it is a very useful list

Actually point 10 on your list - prepare register, do you make your own or do you purchase a pre-printed??

STOP Sunnyday - don't - you're wearing me out!! xD :lol: although it is a very useful list

Actually point 10 on your list - prepare register, do you make your own or do you purchase a pre-printed??

If only I was as good at 'getting on with things' as I am at making lists! :blink:

Yes I make my own register.....

Slow down Mouseketeer you have 7 weeks and are making me feel very tired reading your post :P

Actually don't know about everyone else but I'm struggling to find my 'get up and go' today - miserable wet day here too which doens't help!

Same here. I got up and dressed nice and early- then noticed the rain...

I finally dragged myself to the preschool.......... and then dragged a tonne of paperwork/folder/junk home ready to sort - I did have a slight distraction on the way and bought rather a lot of plants, that are now all across the kitchen floor as I'm to lazy to find keys and open kitchen door to shove them outside for the slugs to eat.

• Like 4

We make our own register too, on a spread sheet.

We do one page per day/session stapled together to make a 'book' for each half term. We are a sessional preschool, what do other use?

Mmmm think I need ot have a go as my purchased one from PLA has run out.

Do you just use 'Word' to create it?

Yes i do - can't share because it has too much personal data........

It includes - a list of Key Children - all colour coded (really I need to get a life)

A list of daily groups)

A list of useful contacts

A list of groups with d.o.b.s

A list of parents contact details - quicker than having to rifle through the registration form folder

An absence register

Takes a flippin' age to create

Yes i do - can't share because it has too much personal data........

It includes - a list of Key Children - all colour coded (really I need to get a life)

A list of daily groups)

A list of useful contacts

A list of groups with d.o.b.s

A list of parents contact details - quicker than having to rifle through the registration form folder

An absence register

Takes a flippin' age to create

Ours has -

page 1 - list of children with DOB, key person, sessions attended.

then a sheet with name dob for each day.

last page an overall chart with key-groups for quick reference.

I did think about including parent details, but we keep the register out handy, and I worry that 'wandering eyes' nosey parents might somehow get access to these?

We put our proper detailed folder out each day away from any prying eyes :1b

and.......

20. Sort out, package and post all of the recycled items that I ask parents to bring in for charity recycling....

Plastic cleaning 'stuff' for Ellie's Fund

Ink cartridges (empty) for NSPCC

Used stamps - not sure where I'm sending those - I will find a good cause! :D

and.......

20. Sort out, package and post all of the recycled items that I ask parents to bring in for charity recycling....

Plastic cleaning 'stuff' for Ellie's Fund

Ink cartridges (empty) for NSPCC

Used stamps - not sure where I'm sending those - I will find a good cause! :D

Air Ambulance used to collect used stamps - worth a try. Haven't done Ellie's Fund this year. You need to store up soooooo many packets before sending them off, I suppose you can pay the postage yourself though if smaller amount. When they switched from baby wipe packets to food packaging, I thought, no, I don't want to store those!!!!

Have a list as long as your arm including (started today) completely empty, clean and reorganise storage area and review what we need, what can be disposed of and what we want.

HOWEVER - first thing on everyone's list (if they haven't already done it) is the FUNDING CONSULTATION !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

7. Update SEF folder

9. Prepare and bind:

Accident record

Existing Injury record

Fire drill record

Daily check record

10. Prepare new register

Sunnyday I love numbers 7 and 14 on your list...you're soooo dedicated! ;)xD :1b

• Like 1

1. Sheds - empty, sort then to the dump!!

2. Last piece of old portacabin type building being removed. Hurray!

3. Start drawing up plan for improving outdoor area. Add to new action plan, maybe SEF?

4. Start sifting through everyone else's lists. Lol

1. Sheds - empty, sort then to the dump!!

2. Last piece of old portacabin type building being removed. Hurray!

3. Start drawing up plan for improving outdoor area. Add to new action plan, maybe SEF?

4. Start sifting through everyone else's lists. Lol

Now you see Isp, No. 1 classic mistake, - that could be broken down into at least 4 steps to tick off, much more satisfying to tick off as you go. One large tick off - doesn't do it for me!

• Like 3

Now you see Isp, No. 1 classic mistake, - that could be broken down into at least 4 steps to tick off, much more satisfying to tick off as you go. One large tick off - doesn't do it for me!

Yep- Pander's right xD

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

Ok. Beginners mistake. I'm new to this long list lark! But having looked at 2 other nearby threads I spotted a trend from previous years. Same people, same lists. Now, does this mean you all do the same things each year or do you never finish your to do lists!!!?

• Like 2