Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone melted yet?

Panders

I thought yesterday was going to be hot and uncomfortable - however, very pleasant 3 hours in air conditioned room being delivered an SEN course, followed by coffee with friend in town in air con, Last night - eugh very sticky,

Today, rain on and off, but soooo sticky and steamy - and not for the right reasons!

• Like 1

Wednesday was ridiculous.....yesterday not SO bad as we managed to get a bit of air flow going. Some of our local schools closed on Wednesday due to the heat. about a third of our children on school visits today so lets hope it's not too hot this afternoon or they'll be horrid!

Why would schools close due to the heat? Do they not just do what we do, stay out of the midday sun, plenty of drinks etc?

Wednesday very hot and sunny here, yesterday just as hot but a lot of cloud and soooo humid! We missed all the thunderstorms over here in deepest Suffolk!

• Like 1

schools closed due to heat?? Whatever next!!! In some areas of south Lakeland some schools close at the sight of a first snowflake...im surprised they didn't close on Wednesday due to it being too hot!! I agree with Stargrover....strip them down if they are too hot, plenty of water, aircon where possible if not a few fans and staying out of the midday sun!! :D

We were told off by a parent................because her son's hair was sweaty. For the record:

all drinks bottles were filled with chilled water and were replenished hourly, or sooner if the child had drunk all the water;we had water play with ice cubes in it; we had our gazebo up;every child had sun cream applied;they all had hats on; we went indoors for snack and lunch; we went over to the trees for story time and sat in a nice breezy shade( photos to prove it), all windows were open indoors and we had fans running.

Her husband arrived this morning with a foot pump and asked if we would like him to put up our paddling pool?

I don't know what more we could have done?Her son was not distressed, was playing happily when she arrived and had his drink in his hand..........

oh and we gave them ice pops as well...............

Edited by narnia
  • Like 2

We were told off by a parent................because her son's hair was sweaty. For the record:

all drinks bottles were filled with chilled water and were replenished hourly, or sooner if the child had drunk all the water;we had water play with ice cubes in it; we had our gazebo up;every child had sun cream applied;they all had hats on; we went indoors for snack and lunch; we went over to the trees for story time and sat in a nice breezy shade( photos to prove it), all windows were open indoors and we had fans running.

Her husband arrived this morning with a foot pump and asked if we would like him to put up our paddling pool?

I don't know what more we could have done?Her son was not distressed, was playing happily when she arrived and had his drink in his hand..........

oh and we gave them ice pops as well...............

ice pops!!n Cant get them for love nor money at the moment, they have eaten me out of supplies. Buying lollies now, cheap as chips ones but our lolly molds do not fit into the freezer compartment at work ( not happy, in fact very sulky about that). Loads of ice play today, and some breeze, but that doesn't get into the hall to keep that cool because the windows are too narrow and don't open very far - great for H&S, useless for cool air!

Think of me tomorrow when you are enjoying a day off in the sunshine - second part of my First Aid training :( still I will try to look on the bright side - that will be it for another three years - hmm wonder if I will still be working in another three years.......

• Like 1

Treated all the children and staff to an ice lolly yesterday, we have had a little breeze today which is welcoming.

Lots of waterplay, they have been car washing this week, great fun had by all.

Off for a meal tonight with my buddies (oh no it's a carvery roast).mght have to look at alternatives on the menu.

As for your little sweaty lad Narnia words fail me.

Edited by Fredbear