Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Storing play cards - any ideas?

I have various sets of playing cards both just 'normal' cards and specific games such as snap but they are a nightmare to put a way properly - the boxes are just the right size so really tricky for small fingers to put cards in especially once one or two are slightly dog-eared or bent. Boxes are getting broken or ripped making the job even harder and I have random cards littering my cupboard that fall out on the floor every time we open the door!

Has anyone got ideas for different ways we could safely store them? I have thought about using those plastic take away boxes for some of our oversize sets but the smaller ones would rattle around and take up quite a lot of storage space for what they actually contain.

Thank you!

Yeh I'm with Sunnyday on this - look out for storage boxes, or those "old fashioned" plastic soap containers for when you are travelling should be about the correct size, could try plastic zippy bags.

• Like 1

I used to have a child gather them together and give them to a staff member to put an elastic band around them... then they went in a box..

but our local pound shop have a wide variety of boxes in a mix of sizes that would work.

• Like 1

I often buy clear pencil cases (from Morrisons - 50p each) - they might be good as a last resort. I love the idea of the travel soap boxes, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like all of them! Will keep my eyes open. Have tried the rubber bands before but we always seem to lose them after taking them off the pack to play then I end up with an even worse problem of totally loose cards. I'm hoping to brave the cupboard tomorrow to start trying to get rid of some of those stray cards/jigsaw pieces that never found a home etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)