Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

General Acronyms

Hi

It's my fist time posting but I thought I would share my list of acronyms I created for my staff. We have recently carried out some very good training and during the course the trainer used some acronyms. I observed the staff and some looked confused and blank, after a discussion with them it highlighted that they didn't know what the acronyms meant, so the list was created.

I wanted to share this as I'm sure my staff are not the only ones and I assumed staff knew what they all meant (Bad on my part) - food for thought "Do we share new acronyms with staff, when there are changes to government policy, local changes and outside agency support?

Please let me know if I have any wrong or you feel some should be added

General Acronyms.docx

Welcome! You are right - we are all guilty of using acronyms and phrases and all the counties have different ones. I didn't know some of the ones you used. The CAF (Common Assessment Framework) has 'morphed' into the FSP (Family Support Process) not to be confused with the FSP (Foundation Stage Profile). Again is that the same across the country???? :unsure:

We were only talking about CAF the other day - does it still exist? fortunately (I think) we've never had to use one :1b

Think the 2yr funding one is unique to each county - why?? they are all 2yr old children!

There's quite a few that are unique to each county - don't know why

I remember going on a self-catering holiday a couple of years ago and i wasn't half confused with the 'bin' situation - we have 3 different bins which they also had but they all took different things to what ours did!! :P why is that?? why can't we all have the same colour bin so we all know what we are doing no matter where we are ....... I can feel another 'If i ruled the country' coming on :D

• Like 3

We were only talking about CAF the other day - does it still exist? fortunately (I think) we've never had to use one :1b

Oh yes they are alive and well!!!! We have quite a few. Not sure they work terrible well although I do not know what an alternative would be. Its Friday and I am not wanting to rule the world :( but you feel free to go for it !!!!!

I devised an acronym staff training game based on using playing cards to help staff get a grip on what various acronyms meant as part of my degree studies - some of these acronyms are out of date and the majority are based around SEN as that was the primary focus for the game but this is my list with an example of the playing card

Common Abbreviation.pdf

Ed Psych card 2.docx

Hi

I wanted to share this as I'm sure my staff are not the only ones and I assumed staff knew what they all meant (Bad on my part) - food for thought "Do we share new acronyms with staff, when there are changes to government policy, local changes and outside agency support?

Please let me know if I have any wrong or you feel some should be added

Welcome and thanks for sharing

....... I can feel another 'If i ruled the country' coming on :D

Oh thumperrabbit, I think you're too late for May 7th, otherwise you'd be guaranteed my vote (and no of course I don't say that to anyone who knocks on the door canvassing!). :1b

• Like 1

Oh thumperrabbit, I think you're too late for May 7th, otherwise you'd be guaranteed my vote (and no of course I don't say that to anyone who knocks on the door canvassing!). :1b

Maybe we should form an Early Years Party before 2020. That way we might be able to actually get on with our jobs rather than jumping through hoops like some sort of circus acrobat - even if my juggling skills are coming on a treat!

• Like 3

Maybe we should form an Early Years Party before 2020. That way we might be able to actually get on with our jobs rather than jumping through hoops like some sort of circus acrobat - even if my juggling skills are coming on a treat!

Aah yes but then that would be the EYP or even the EYPP (early years people party!) abbreviations which already exist....so causing even more confusion!!!! :rolleyes: :P

• Like 2