Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Aid rules

I am sure it was a comment made by the D of E that this would come into effect from September 2016 and the first aid qulaification rule would apply in ordre to count in ratio, ie if the cover staff are to count in ratio, then yes, it would apply. Where this leaves those preschools who rely on parent helpers, then I can only assume they will be in trouble.....

Been reading the new rules that everybody working with children must have the first aid by law.Does this apply to to relief staff etc?

RedDragon - I'm not sure that this is actually the case - I could be wrong (probably am) but I had thought that it was being introduced to cover those working towards a qualification i.e. they couldn't gain their qualification without having First Aid training...

I posted about this a while ago now... previous thread

it does say for newly qualified staff... but also goes on to say they would have to remain qualified to count in ratios...

but they are not yet in force and subject to a consultation..

There are so many variables with part time staff / relief staff/ helpers.. it is likely to end up being a case of no one really knows if relief staff must have it.. maybe it will depend on the date of qualifying as to if they need the First aid cert.

• Like 2

well no surprise there then!!!!!!!

You took the words out of my mouth! :D

I would have absolutely no problem with having as many people as possible fully trained - it makes sense - just give me the necessary funding and i will get onto it without delay! ;) :1b

• Like 4

well no surprise there then!!!!!!!

Yep ditto. When training was paid all my staff were trained, then I decided that it had to be at least one member of staff on duty that had to be trained (this was last year) - only now to have this! looks like it's just me that needs to up-date now, all the others have at least 2/3 years left.

• Like 1

Yep ditto. When training was paid all my staff were trained, then I decided that it had to be at least one member of staff on duty that had to be trained (this was last year) - only now to have this! looks like it's just me that needs to up-date now, all the others have at least 2/3 years left.

Well good luck with booking it too - my deputy will need to update in July - I haven't looked but she tells me there is nothing available anywhere near here :blink:

Well good luck with booking it too - my deputy will need to update in July - I haven't looked but she tells me there is nothing available anywhere near here :blink:

Sunnyday - do check any Collaborations in your area - they frequently have spaces they cannot fill and offer places out to "anyone" at a price, but not outrageous.

• Like 1