Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need to rant

Fredbear

So the children all made a lovely Mother's Day card. We walked the children up to the post box on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week.. Wednesdays having a 2nd class stamp, Thirsday and Fridays with a 1st class one.

At least half the parents haven't received them at all. One out of 4 that live in the same road got one and now I'm told a patent has received a card through which explains insufficient postage paid. I am furious as they were all within the correct size. Grrrr so disappointed for the children and mummies. :(:(

Oh Fredbear, have had similar happen with family cards lately. One I admit was my fault - 2 cards sent but one did not have a large stamp on it, so it wasn't delivered but had to be collected and postage paid. Given all the trouble you have gone to it is very disappointing for you all.

Oh dear, that's not good. We're they perhaps a bit 'fat' rather than envelope size different? They have to be postable through a thin slot to go with an ordinary stamp, that's why I never buy a card that is thicker than just card if I'm going to post it

• Like 1

Oh Fb we nearly had the same situation , we posted ours throughout the week , I measured envelopes and they were in correct size but on the Wednesday when we took so e other children our post mistress measured them and said they were a little fat because of content , I panicking and thought I would have to ask parents and how bad it would be that parents might be asked for extra postage but thankfully ours all arrived even those that did not have correct postage .

So sorry that yours didn't

yes we had this with a card at Christmas... it was correct size but too fat .. it had a small ribbon on the front... was not much at all.. but as it did not go through a slot was deemed underpaid. These days you have to think about depth too...

We did find though that with a kind postmistress/master at the local post office if they measured and put a sticker on instead of the stamp we managed to get a couple through the system overseas successfully.

Never mind. I am actually going to take one down to the post office and see if it goes through that gauge thingy. What's annoyed me most is that they delivered some and not others yet they would have all been the same size etc.

Have offered the mummies a refund of the £1.19 it will now cost them to retrieve it from the sorting office. Rip off I say.:(:(:(