Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

staff lunches and ratio's

An hour is generous, is that paid ? We are half an hour paid , morning staff do lunch, and all day staff rota as needed then have their break after, well that's the theory, staff always get theirs but I rarely do....I learnt a long time ago that working regulations don't include managers

the staff that cover lunch then have 20 minutes lunch break which is covered by other staff -some staff eat with the children but still have their 20 minutes - i think it is compulsory for all staff working over certain number of hours - we were also told that staff have to have this time away from the children by our development worker.

We all sit with the children - 1 member of staff to each table (normally 3 or 4 tables) - while the other 1 or 2 members of staff get the room ready for the afternoon session, once a member of staff finishes their lunch they swap with one who hasn't :)

I give my staff a 30 mins paid lunch break since law says should be 15 mins break every 4 hrs.(or was in 2004 when we opened) They choose to not have that 15 mins break so combine it in a paid lunch break x

Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20 minute rest break during their working day (this could be a tea or lunch break), if they work more than 6 hours a day. :1b

• Like 1

My staff are paid for their lunch break (20mins - 40mins depending on working day) but must stay on premises. This is away from children. We have enough staff to remain in ratio

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)