Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mini me

Does anybody else do this ? Shared by our inspector and staff member saw this at a training day.

Using full body photos of each child on a lolly stick they can use these to incorporate themselves into their small world play , guess what we will be doing this week.

yes did this many years ago now,( must be about 8 or 9 ). Was an idea I picked up from New Zealand settings who were using it . Children loved it .

I used to laminate them in id card pockets they were quite cheap for a big box and some are available that you just open and stick together.. made them durable as they need to be! I also put them onto small wooden blocks rather than lolly sticks so they could stand without being held.

We allowed the children to play with them all and ensured they were aware that even though it was their picture others would be using them.. this bit was important or they would become possessive of their own mini me.

They all enjoyed using pictures of friends in play when the friend was not there.. had to have back ups too as they often vanished into pockets .When child left they were given their mini me to take home.

Took time to make the original set but once done I just made one for every child as they started..

• Like 1

yes we do them too - have wanted to do it for over a year and finally got a set done last term :-)

Ours are on blocks too and we use them frequently in small world play.

They are always available for whatever the children want them for.

Sounds wonderful will start taking photos. What size did you do them and what blocks?

V

ours were credit card sized..blocks were some we were given from an old game.. but with a bit of experimenting it should be easy to find right size for the ones you make..

I know one setting made stands using cardboard tubes.

ditto to the above do this with children's photos as well as characters - Gruffalo, Room on the Broom and Frozen ones are currently favourites on wooden blocks...

ps not a Bryce Clegg idea though - they have been around a lot longer than that! He is just very good at taking some fab ideas and bringing them to the masses!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)