Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Food Policy

Does anyone have a food policy that they would be willing to share, please? It must, apparently, include procedures to talk to parents about healthy food choices.

x

It has been included in the Welfare Review ... ...

To develop a food policy - to include procedures to talk to parents about healthy food choices.

Please refer to the Welfare Review guidance and the Children’s Food Trust - Eat Better Start Better document

is this in schools rather than a PVI or nursery...

they have just had new food guidelines set from 1st Jan so could have something to do with this..

http://www.schoolfoodplan.com/standards/

Devonmaid also refers to this being the source of the information on food standards

http://www.childrensfoodtrust.org.uk/pre-school/resources/guidelines

not sure adding a new policy to all the millions already needed but maybe include a bit in the one already in place for food and drink.. and produce a leaflet on suggestions - which we had anyway for lunches. Like others I would not have felt comfortable giving advice I was not qualified to give.

Edited by Inge

eyfs 1966 when our early years completes our RAG we have a welfare officer who comes to the setting to check all welfare issues. To do the other part of the RAG curriculum, planning etc we are expected to take all our paperwork to a central office to be seen.

We haven never had a welfare officer visit, and have never had to take paperwork to be checked....

Do you have to do a RAG louby loo

We do an online thingy - but come to think of it, I don't actually remember doing it recently :blink: ... but I do seem to have information overload at the moment :angry:

editied to say - 'do' .....not 'don't'!!!!!

Edited by louby loo

You are very lucky not to have had 2 different early years advisors visiting you within a few weeks of each other. Their budget now only enables the welfare officer to visit. Regarding the educational side 2 staff members were expected to take everything to a central office. I e-mailed it across- too busy to go!!!

eyfs 1966 when our early years completes our RAG we have a welfare officer who comes to the setting to check all welfare issues. To do the other part of the RAG curriculum, planning etc we are expected to take all our paperwork to a central office to be seen.

The RAG (Red Amber Green) ratings were a quality judgement system "suggested" in the early years quality improvement strategy - now that Ofsted are the sole arbiters of quality why are your early years still involved in assessing the quality of your setting?

The guidance to local authorities in respect of early education funding makes it crystal clear that local authorities have nothing to do with passing judgement on any setting's quality: This is taken from the guidance

A3.4 Not to undertake a local authority assessment of the quality of the provider, but
rely solely on the Ofsted inspection judgement of the provider or the childminder agency
as the benchmark of quality.
Perhaps it's time to tell your early years where they get off!!
  • Like 1

Yes thanks for that Sue I will point that out to them. I put up with their visits but I thought it a bit much to take all the paperwork out of the setting with 2 staff members to discuss them with other providers + early years team. It took me ages to e-mail everything across because I refused to go.