Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Aid Training

Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can now use the blended first aid training or do we still have to do the two day courses? The trainers say we can, and before I waste hours trawling through trying to find the answer I thought I would ask you lovely lot first!

thanks in advance xx

If you mean the part online/part face to face, we have just done one.

It was NDNA and Ofsted approved.

We had to do it out of necessity rather than choice- but I have to say I highly recommend it. Two of us did it and we both agreed we seemed to take in a lot more than on the normal 2 day face-to-face.

Guest degplay

my understanding from having just done a two day face to face is that form October 2015 you will only be able to do the blended course.

Not heard of this but sounds very interesting. Louby loo, was it any cheaper. With 10 staff to refresh this year money is always a factor.

The company we used will come out and do the training, and yes for us it would have been cheaper for all staff than what we have paid previously.

However, at the time we had to 'panic book' two staff on, and we went to a venue which was very conveniently situated (by car) easy parking and access. We got discount on the advertised price as we were a preschool. We were also able to add Epi pen training to it.

I can PM you the details if you want ?- I would put them up here but not sure if that allowed.

DISCLAIMER - I would like to add ' the forgetting/not bothering' to book all staff training was NOT down to me! :angry: :angry: xD

Our local trainer does the blended course and if others have done it then I will go for it but what area are you all in please?x

We are in the south east.

Our certificate says Ofsted approved and the site has NDNA approval. Does your trainer give this or similar information?

• We are in Essex so wanted to know if any other Essex based settings have used blended, to be honest we had OFSTED in this year and she didn't even ask for the details but to be honest she was lovely, next we wont be so lucky!x

Can I ask a question ?

If your employers pay for your first aid (two day training) - should they pay you for the hours attended?

It says in my contract that I have to have the certification to practice at their setting. They pay for my training and if I didn't attend the course they provide then I would have to pay for a course myself.It is part of my contract to have a certificate.Should they pay me to go ?

Edited by oopsydoopsy

Its roundabouts and swings on that one. We use the blended training. Staff do part of it online in their own time. I do pay them if they lose a sessions pay when they do the practical. First aid is a very useful skill to have anyway and could be used at any time. Many of our courses are in the evening , staff do not get paid then. I do reward the staff that run that extra mile though with nice treats and lots of thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask a question ?

If your employers pay for your first aid (two day training) - should they pay you for the hours attended?

It says in my contract that I have to have the certification to practice at their setting. They pay for my training and if I didn't attend the course they provide then I would have to pay for a course myself.It is part of my contract to have a certificate.Should they pay me to go ?

yes is the simple answer....if you are required to have first aid for your job then your employer should pay for it...and for you to attend