Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Heating a packaway nursery

Guest PamelaO

Guest PamelaO

My first post. Yaay!!

Can anyone who is in a packaway nursery please advice me on the best way to heat it. What heating system do you use please? Our landlord is quite strict so we can't have anything permanent but need something efficient enough to really heat up a large hall. Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the forum,

I have worked in several settings in the past , it was always the owner of the hall that took responsibility for heating the building.. came as part of hiring the hall.

If it was not warm enough we would talk to them..

• Like 2

Do you mean there are no heaters at all? Thing with halls are to look at the fabrics use roll ends to create spaces these help not only dumb down the sound as they absorb some of it but also create warmth in a way. Not much help but every little and all that :). We do have a stand alone heater/air con unit that we roll out in winter into the room that has the outdoor area off it as the room becomes really cold on days like today with having the door open, but to be honest it doesn't help much.

Welcome PamelaO , it really is the landlords responsibility to ensure the hall is heated , is it a community building ? The room should not fall below 18degrees in winter , having portable heaters increases risk and heating should be reflected in your rent , maybe more in Autumn /Winter. months , cheaper in Summer.

What do other users do? If you are packing away, there must be others using the hall. Surely they don't freeze! It is definitely the landlord's responsibility. What does you lease say? Hope you manage to get it sorted out for the new year. Brrrr!

We rent our packaway hall.

If for some reason our heating isn't working in a morning, I call the person in charge of the hall and report it the longest I've ever had to wait is 2 days for a heating engineer to turn up, but the hall committee people all bought down their person electric heaters for us to use whilst we waited, bless 'em!!

We have access to the central heating controls - the only user that has the privilege! - so we can have it as warm as we want

the older we get the warmer we seem to need it - except for the hot flushes brigade :D:D

• Like 2

We are also in a packaway hall with child safe radiators installed about 4 years ago.

As the hall is used by all groups in our community some liking it warmer, some colder I can change the thermostat to suit our needs.

I do feel this is something the hall provider should be responsible for to meet legal requirements for hall users.

Not very helpful for you, but maybe a discussion with the landlord to try to resolve this issue maybe the way forward, or joining together with other hall users and the landlord to raise funds to install some.

Are there any grants available in your area for efficient heating systems?.

Good luck with this.:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)