Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yay! I've finished

Panders

Had a fairly productive day 'to do' list wise........had to stay in waiting for the dishwasher repair man - hmmm he could have come earlier so that I could 'escape' :ph34r: he didn't manage to make the repair today either :o ......Friday morning apparently......

What have you done to lovely Mr. Sunnyday now?

• Like 2

So - nothing very much achieved today :blink: but I did have the luxury of having number 1 son all to myself for a couple of hours this afternoon - so lovely to have just him - without my daughter-in-law and grandson - much as I love them - we never seem to have time just us the two of us together :1b

Hope everyone has had a good day - can tell by the forum discussions that there is lots of work going on - must try and have a more productive day tomorrow! :1b

How nice to have that time. If it's any consolation I still have hardly anything done. Right now, have a poorly tummy and feel shattered so am curled up on my bed with a hot water bottle and Harry Potter. Drifting in and out of sleep and looking forward to tonight's Bake Off but not getting any work done! :(

Put Daniel Radcliffe back wherever you found him - honestly what are you thinking of :o and how could he possibly help your poorly tummy :blink:

Seriously now - sorry to hear you are unwell - lots of hugs x

Bake Off - must make sure I am still doing nothing at 8pm! Is it biccies this week - yes I think it is :1b

I have had a lovely time catching up with my Uni study buddy - term time is always so busy that we try to make sure that we touch base during the hols - it also gives us a good opportunity to pick each others addled brain cell!

Sadly the work to do list hovers like a bad smell so as the weather forecast for tomorrow is pretty rubbish I am planning to knuckle down again then as the clock seems to be ticking somewhat more quickly towards the beginning of term again!

Looking forward to the GBBO later though and am becoming strangely addicted to Homes Under The Hammer on morning telly - it always amazes me how they can do these transformations for so little money - when we had our kitchen done it cost a fortune and I shopped around for deals for everything!

• Like 2

Put Daniel Radcliffe back wherever you found him - honestly what are you thinking of :o and how could he possibly help your poorly tummy :blink:

Seriously now - sorry to hear you are unwell - lots of hugs x

Bake Off - must make sure I am still doing nothing at 8pm! Is it biccies this week - yes I think it is :1b

xD I meant to explain in my post that I was talking about the paper one but clearly the thought of GBBO and biscuits distracted me! ;)

• Like 1

Having just watched Bake Off thought I'd announce my decision to give up on my to do list and just practise baking and decorating 3D biscuit scenes from now on! Oh, and the fact that I want Richard, Luis, Nancy and Martha to be my friends!

Sounds like a great plan to me!

I am backing Nancy, Martha and Richard too - I'm not sure who Luis is - I quite like old Norman too - although have to say what the dickens were those boats all about :ph34r:xDxDxD

Froglet - will be waiting for photos of your 3D biscuit scenes - don't disappoint me!

Right time to do a bit more 'to do'! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great plan to me!

I am backing Nancy, Martha and Richard too - I'm not sure who Luis is - I quite like old Norman too - although have to say what the dickens were those boats all about :ph34r:xDxDxD

Froglet - will be waiting for photos of your 3D biscuit scenes - don't disappoint me!

Right time to do a bit more 'to do'! :rolleyes:

Luis is the one who did George and the dragon. As for the biscuit scene - any particular requests for a theme? I'm rubbish at coming up with ideas!

Cait did they do a GF challenge last year?

Cait did they do a GF challenge last year?

Well they sort of dipped their toe in, and one of the chaps, sorry, name escapes me, did bread I think? But they really need to have a try at pastry stuff. Just the general challenge of trying to produce something like scones, cakes, biscuits by only using gluten free ingredients.

Well they sort of dipped their toe in, and one of the chaps, sorry, name escapes me, did bread I think? But they really need to have a try at pastry stuff. Just the general challenge of trying to produce something like scones, cakes, biscuits by only using gluten free ingredients.

Absolutely - right I will ring PH immediately.......oh no I can't I have promised not to mention him again.........besides which i don't have his 'phone number mores the pity :blink: xD

I've discovered a new formula for my lovely spreadsheet which calculates how many school (or home, or garden etc) jobs of each priority I have left to do. It's a thing of beauty and I could possibly add it to Cait's thread - haven't done any of the actual jobs though! I have made my dad a cup of tea though - he's over here oiling my new kitchen worktop and fixing some of the broken floorboards in my bathroom.

• Like 1

I've discovered a new formula for my lovely spreadsheet which calculates how many school (or home, or garden etc) jobs of each priority I have left to do. It's a thing of beauty and I could possibly add it to Cait's thread - haven't done any of the actual jobs though! I have made my dad a cup of tea though - he's over here oiling my new kitchen worktop and fixing some of the broken floorboards in my bathroom.

Oh my goodness - please share! :1b

Oh, Oh, Oh - you have wooden worktops - a thing of my dreams........

• Like 2

I don't seem to be able to quote any more - any ideas anyone? Could it be a browser thing?

Sunny - were you wanting to share my spreadsheet, the worktops or my dad?!

I agonised for ages over the worktops - my old kitchen had them but they were very water damanged and looked horrible. In the end I just promised myself I would look after the new ones perfectly and go for it - they are beautiful. Am planning to paint kitchen walls next week - probably a slatey, sludgey blue colour (oak worktops, cream cupboards and slate grey floor tiles so far). I treated myself to some flowers yesterday and the windowsill currently has a jug of deep pink alstromeiria, cream roses and then from my garden a sprig of pink gaura and a blue thing that I can't remember the name of but is very pretty! It's starting to feel homely again which is a good job as the plasterer is coming to tackle the dining room and living room in 2 weeks time!

• Like 2