Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Road safety

Apparently one of ours ran out into the road this morning on the way to pre-school, we would like to do some road safety activities with all the children any ideas, we have one or two brewing, such as making soap box cars and role playing traffic etc., some small world scenario stuff, but anything else spring to mind my lovelies ?

Haven't got any bright ideas - as you already know I am suffering from a completely fried brain as I try to get my headcount through to KCC :blink:

Made me think though - what happened to all the 'public safety' films that we used to see regularly?

Tufty if you are very old :ph34r: or the Green Cross Code man if you are not quite so ancient :D

'At the kerb, halt, look right, look left, listen, if it's all clear, cross the road' - funny how it's possible to bring that to mind from years ago and yet some days I can't remember my own name :blink: xD

• Like 3

Haven't got any bright ideas - as you already know I am suffering from a completely fried brain as I try to get my headcount through to KCC :blink:

Made me think though - what happened to all the 'public safety' films that we used to see regularly?

Tufty if you are very old :ph34r: or the Green Cross Code man if you are not quite so ancient :D

'At the kerb, halt, look right, look left, listen, if it's all clear, cross the road' - funny how it's possible to bring that to mind from years ago and yet some days I can't remember my own name :blink: xD

Actually think I missed out 'look right again' - see that's what I get for trying to be clever! :rolleyes:

Headcount all looks so different now with the 'stretching' and takes a bit of getting used to. Trust me to choose to show my deputy how to do it in an effort to delegate/share the load only to find its all new to me too this time! :( My poor frazzled head :blink:

• Like 2

Just what we were lamenting this morning, Tufty Club for me, Green Cross Code for my younger staff! I also remember as a child in Reception the police having a unit which toured schools with a zebra crossing, cars, and "Chalkie White" the jaywalker who couldn't cross the road properly and they used a Jag to zoom right up to him and nearly knock him over all the time this show they put on was being narrated by a police officer on a microphone they had set up. Whole school got an hour or so off to watch it in the playground! Budget cuts hey - can't even put a public service film on any longer these days!

• Like 1

personally i like doing this in reality...so get them out and have a chat on the roadside....talk about consequences etc (they are always for more gory than i would be) . So really no bright ideas just go do it!

• Like 1

Is there anything useful on the Brake website???

Does Brake still exist???????

Or RoSPA?????????

Great Minds Sunnyday, just re-registered, although their Road Safety Week isnt until November (probably because its darker then maybe)

Don't have anything to add to Inge's excellent list except maybe the road safety hedgehogs:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnwxN24E2yY

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pI4Ye4EZo00

However, I am slightly disturbed that I must be "very old" because I was in the Tufty Club. Mind you, I remember all the others you've mentioned too - do you think I was just really bad at road safety?!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)